xalienax

Something must be done

Many of the most popular servers are now becoming targets for all the script hackers. im refering to mainly-

- Teleportation of other players (havent seen this myself in a while)

- Kill scripts that insta kill players out of no where

- Server wide kill scripts that kill everyone on the server

- Spawning of vehicles that do not occur in DayZ (But exist in arma and remain in the CFGs)

- Spawning of weapons and gear not present in DayZ to gain supernatural advantage (See weapons with thermal sights)

- Various other hacks (Ie poping you out of your body and into something else)

Now on normal vanilla servers Admins can deal with this, But DayZ has tied our hands so tightly to protect a few people being wrongfully kicked? This is ruining the game on a far wider scale then a few abusive admins ever will.

Some things are easy to prove... a clever script hack is not. Placing the burden of proving such hacks on the admin delays appropriate bans and allows these hackers to ruin servers and ruin individuals enjoyment of this mod (which aside from its bugs is the best thing i've ever played!)

I'm not saying there should be a free-for-all for every kid with cash to rent a server so he can power trip, But you must either aggressively work to stop this hacking ASAP or loosen restrictions on admins. In the latter case, Allow at least Bans local to that server for suspicion of hacking. Even better would be to allow Admins to run server side detection scripts that can auto kick/ban.

While we uphold the highest standards of evidence for Bans on our servers this influx of Hacks is causing a situation where many many offenders wreck people hard earned progress and simply jump to another server for their next attack because admins are reluctant to ban for fear of thier server being blacklisted.

Many of the most popular servers are now becoming targets for all the script hackers. im refering to mainly-

- Teleportation of other players (havent seen this myself in a while)

- Kill scripts that insta kill players out of no where

- Server wide kill scripts that kill everyone on the server

- Spawning of vehicles that do not occur in DayZ (But exist in arma and remain in the CFGs)

- Spawning of weapons and gear not present in DayZ to gain supernatural advantage (See weapons with thermal sights)

- Various other hacks (Ie poping you out of your body and into something else)

Now on normal vanilla servers Admins can deal with this' date=' But DayZ has tied our hands so tightly to protect a few people being wrongfully kicked? This is ruining the game on a far wider scale then a few abusive admins ever will.

Some things are easy to prove... a clever script hack is not. Placing the burden of proving such hacks on the admin delays appropriate bans and allows these hackers to ruin servers and ruin individuals enjoyment of this mod (which aside from its bugs is the best thing i've ever played!)

I'm not saying there should be a free-for-all for every kid with cash to rent a server so he can power trip, But you must either aggressively work to stop this hacking ASAP or loosen restrictions on admins. In the latter case, Allow at least Bans local to that server for suspicion of hacking. Even better would be to allow Admins to run server side detection scripts that can auto kick/ban.

While we uphold the highest standards of evidence for Bans on our servers this influx of Hacks is causing a situation where many many offenders wreck people hard earned progress and simply jump to another server for their next attack because admins are reluctant to ban for fear of thier server being blacklisted.

[/quote']

Have you been under a rock?

BattlEye(I'm guessing rocket had a big part) basically just marched an army of banhammer wielding dwarven warriors through the servers. Tons of people have been banned globally via battleye for hacking, they've been compiling dataz.

Read the announcements forum dude.

BattlEye(I'm guessing rocket had a big part) basically just marched an army of banhammer wielding dwarven warriors through the servers. Tons of people have been banned globally via battleye for hacking' date=' they've been compiling dataz.

[/quote']

Yeah, and it's still not completely fixed. Just found a hacker spawning with M249 half an hour after the battleye bans have been issued. We can't do anything, even if we see the hacker because we can't have his name until we kill him. At least we can have access to the logs.

Server hosts are not bad, there may be a few abusing the system by locking, kicking, but most of them just want to have and provide a good experience, but can't because their hands are tied.

BattlEye(I'm guessing rocket had a big part) basically just marched an army of banhammer wielding dwarven warriors through the servers. Tons of people have been banned globally via battleye for hacking' date=' they've been compiling dataz.

[/quote']

Yeah, and it's still not completely fixed. Just found a hacker spawning with M249 half an hour after the battleye bans have been issued. We can't do anything, even if we see the hacker because we can't have his name until we kill him. At least we can have access to the logs.

Server hosts are not bad, there may be a few abusing the system by locking, kicking, but most of them just want to have and provide a good experience, but can't because their hands are tied.

Exactly. Im not saying there should be no reprisal for those who blatantly manipulate the persistence in this game by locking servers to farm etc. But they also really need to allow us a bit more freedom to agressively counter people we suspect of hacking.

There are always going to be a few that get through the cracks. It is an alpha, get used to people exploiting the coding and doing things they shouldn't until it gets fixed. Once fixed a few people will find some other way to exploit it and so on.

I am just failing to see how your hands are tied?

Ban him... He is cheating. That is against the rules. It is a simple as that. If you can't get his name. Figure out a way to get it. And if he "spawned" with an M249, maybe his location just got reset and he was spawning on the shore? I once saw a guy standing on the beach with a Coyote Backpack, M4 CCO, M9 SD. He was just... standing there. I kindly took all his gear from his pack and ran away like a mad man. Spawns on the shore happen. Especially when there are issues in the database.

@Dizzy--yeah thats what I thought may have happened as well. Random respawn on reboot with gear he had before. It happens.

I am just failing to see how your hands are tied?

Ban him... He is cheating. That is against the rules. It is a simple as that. If you can't get his name. Figure out a way to get it. And if he "spawned" with an M249' date=' maybe his location just got reset and he was spawning on the shore? I once saw a guy standing on the beach with a Coyote Backpack, M4 CCO, M9 SD. He was just... standing there. I kindly took all his gear from his pack and ran away like a mad man. Spawns on the shore happen. Especially when there are issues in the database.

[/quote']

Yeah, why don't you figure yourself the way to get his name ? Because unless you have access to the logs (and i'm not sure) or have enabled the crosshaire (which I will never enable on my server), you can't.

Do you really think we're not trying to get their name ? We know there are cheaters, we are trying to ban them, get proof and give it to other admins (we're trying to create a list), but except by killing them (which is hard considering they all manage to log off without us seeing the DC message), there is no way.

EDIT: For the M249, he respawned with it right away after being killed. And he had another weapon before.

Once again you are foolish. The M249 is in the mod. Thats why the ammunition and the gun spawns. I personally have found one before. Its also in the loot table...

M249_DZ weapon 2.17%

You really need to improve your knowledge over this game before bitching up a storm.

And I still have failed to see how your hands are tied. YOU disable the cursor - thats your fault. YOU don't pay attention to the disconnect messages - thats your fault. YOU saw him spawn on the beach, shoot him, you had the drop on him, but you didn't - thats your fault. If you don't know how to utilize your logs - thats your fault. How is this DayZ fault? Sounds like a poor server admin to me.

Your logs are located in your config file directory. Use them. Love them. Cherish them. Also have other people in your server help you. Im very friendly and friends with the regulars in my server. If they report a cheater or hacker, most people will go out of their way to take the SOB down. And then from there I will review the logs and issue the proper bans.

I edited my post (I wasn't there and didn't know the complete story and mis-interpreted, sorry). Also, one minute after we killed him, the M249 changed for a Lee enfield magically, without anyone touching it.

It's my fault if I disable the cursor ? We play on expert mode going to veteran, we don't want to keep the crosshair, ruining 90% of the game just in case we need the name of a cheater.

We don't have the disconnect message too. It's not that we don't read them, they don't appear. There is no disconnect messages at all. We just know who has been killed.

He didn't spawn on the beach (I never said where he spawned), he spawned in electro. And the guys that one of our player didn't killed were 4 against one of our player with a winchester. He died before killing one of them.

And, again, we rent the server provided by Soppa, and he can only give the logs to the devs. We have access to nothing except kick, ban and lock the server, and that's the same for a lot of server hosts.

Once again that isn't the dev's fault.

He could have had a lee enfield in his backpack. I often carry around a rifle for longer range situations when I have an automatic weapon. I think you are jumping to conclusions here.

If you have disconnect messages disabled in the server they still appear in the logs. Note the time he disconnect and review the logs later. If Soppa doesn't provide you with the logs then that isn't DayZ fault. You are looking for someone to blame. The person to blame is yourself. Soppa could very easily make it so you can view your logs online. If you aren't satisfied with his services then switch(No offense to you Soppa, you're a great guy).

There are ways around the problems you are complaining about. None of this falls on DayZ/Devs. Your hands aren't tied.

Regards,

Dizzymagoo

Once again that isn't the dev's fault.

He could have had a lee enfield in his backpack. I often carry around a rifle for longer range situations when I have an automatic weapon. I think you are jumping to conclusions here.

Here is the full story: they killed him once in Elektro' date=' he had a M4A3 CCO. Several minutes later, one of them is killed by him and he is then killed. This time, he had a M249 in hand, and one or two minutes later, the M249 changed for a Lee Enfield.

That's what happened, and we can't explain it.

The person to blame is yourself. Soppa could very easily make it so you can view your logs online.

And why it is not the case ? If it's not the devs fault because they are really strict with server hosts (and so Soppa maybe had to only allow a few things to be able to rent servers), then it's Soppa's because he doesn't provide us the logs.

Why should it be us when we chose a service ? We had to give it a try, and we try to make it better for everyone using his service.

If you aren't satisfied with his services then switch.

Don't worry, it's already on the way.