Sign in to follow this  
Reaven1911

Global and Side chat not available?

On a couple servers I play on I've noticed I myself am not able to talk on Global or Side chats while other people can, is this server enabled or a bug? (I have the beta patch installed if that makes a difference)

I not 100% sure but I think that if the server isnt running the same beta as you or not running the beta at all then yours will be disabled and other peoples wont be as they are not running the beta version of the game or are running an older version of the beta.

but like I say Im not sure on this.

No one will be able to talk in Global once the new patch it out. It forces you to use the ArmA Beta patch.

Prepare to get ronery :)

Not so sure how I feel about no chat.

I like to have somewhere to go to ask quick questions that is not the forums.

Not so sure how I feel about no chat.

I like to have somewhere to go to ask quick questions that is not the forums.

IRC or TS3 ..or failing that, make a sock puppet and mutter to it as you play

Removing side chat just sucks. It makes the game world lonely and quite frankly boring. I know your going for hardcore realism, which is cool, but damn its getting boring.

Removing side chat just sucks. It makes the game world lonely and quite frankly boring. I know your going for hardcore realism' date=' which is cool, but damn its getting boring.

[/quote']

Make friends and stop whining. It is in there so to communicate with someone you have to actually be near them. Get a headset and get ready. This shit just got cray

How do you simulate if you see someone and its not cqb and want to ask him if hes friendly?

Direct chat doesnt work then and leads to more killings!

How do you simulate if you see someone and its not cqb and want to ask him if hes friendly?

wut.

When you see someone near you, and if you are not in the killing mood you hit the caps key and say. "Hey you, over there or in there are you friendly please respond or youre a goner." From there you can either kill the person or trust the person if he responds as friendly. Global chat isn't going to work any better than direct chat. It also creates more immersion as you don't see at the bottom of the screen "dude wtf I just killed a dude for beans, lolol derp le derp." You get the sense that you are alone and you don't know where anyone is. It makes the mod so much better.

Indeed... and it´s not boring at all. It´s much more tense without side / global chat even.

Amazing level of atmosphere and immersion added with this addition. This coupled with direct comms being fixed will be great in 1.7.1.

I'd really like to see this taken a step further and have the death notifications disabled, too. It's a bit annoying seeing "dillweed22 has been killed" pop up 14 times in a row while some knob respawns for a better location.

I still see people on servers using side chat while I myself is not able to. It's frustrating because the ones using side chat are usually people with questions and with no one answering them..

Assume he's not friendly like the rest of us