Disclaimer: Guys, sorry for bad english - i would ask to point on my mistakes, i will correct them) Also, I didn't find a similar suggestion. That's why I created this one. Main reason why many people laughs at Bohemia Interactive unhappy about "gunplay" in DayZ (at least in russian community, don't know about western community) is unrealistic and silly mechanics of wear. Now it takes ~3 mags to get "damaged" status (!) for most guns in the game, and almost the same amount to get “badly damaged”. IRL even Somali pirates guns which are covered in rust and which haven't been clean since the factory shelf - works OK.  We understood that this gameplay limitation is implemented just to not let the game become an easy shooter but it can be made way more deep. Idea is simple - сleanliness status: firearms become dirty by 2 main reasons: external factors (weather, going prone with weapon in hands or on your back*) internal factors (numbers of shot fired, existed condition status of guns)
  Therefore, dirtier the weapon - greater the risk of getting malfunction, cleanliness status must not affect condition status BUT existed weapon condition status should still affect on malfunction chance.
Gun condition status must be decreasing VERY slowly - definitely not that fantastically fast as it’s now. As i see it - endurance (i mean reliability in term of condition - not sure about correct term) of all guns must be raised at least 4 times from current level.

Some thoughts about how this status may work:  Prone, with weapon in hands - maximum** speed of dirtiness Prone, with weapon on a back/ Crawl, with weapon in hands - medium speed of dirtiness Crawl, with weapon on a back/ In full growth, with weapon in hands - minimum speed of dirtiness In full growth with weapon on a back - no dirtiness, until weather or internal factors While weapon in a backpack or under the closes - no dirtiness even under external factors
That will lead to change in players approaches for firearms maintenance in the game from “fired 3 mags - condition status damaged/badly damaged - use cleaning kit - it’s all good for another 3 mags” for more complex process like “i shot some zds and beans carriers - gun cleanliness status: slightly dirty - then i was crawling on the muddy field under the rain - gun cleanliness status: dirty  - there is serious risk to get jammed weapon - cleaned the gun” or “i have been knock-out to unconscious state in gunfight  - gun dropped on a ground - status: dirty - got no time to clean, switch to handgun/other weapon” or any other scenarios.

*-Depending on surface and areas (i think in urban areas and asphalt roads or in buildings this must to be minimize to be insignificant, until the rain (Chernarus/Livonia), blizzard (Namalsk), or sandstorm (Takistan)
**-dear devs, maximum doesn’t mean 2 movements = your weapon is now mud disaster, thx for understanding Bonus suggestion: Something about 2 year ago, on a livestream, one of DayZ devs (back in the days - community manager) Tim "Impuls"  have told us about (Quote ahead) So, we want to get missing functionality of the revolver cylinder and ability to play Russian roulette with fellow survivors=)
Pls, share your opinion in topic comment section.