I've read a few comments about the combo locks and here is my experience. The locks lose their code after a server restart and what ever gate they were attached to will no longer accept a lock.
I've used two methods besides cutting the lock off that have worked every time. 1 - Brute force: Start going through the various combinations as slow as it is.
2 - Remove the wire from the gate and turn it back into a fence. In both methods however the lock will not drop to the ground. You will actually see two locks on the post, one facing towards you and the other facing away. You must the log out and back in to get the lock. When you log back in the lock will be on the ground. If you used method 1 open the gate and pick up the lock. If you used method 2 you will need to re-attach the wire and turn the fence back into a gate because the lock is under the fence and not accessible otherwise. The gate itself is no longer lockable. You must completely tear down the gate/fence including the posts and then rebuild. Or if you have another section of fence you can use you can turn it into a gate. This unfortunately only lasts until the next server restart after which you're back to square one.
    • Thanks