Dayz Standalone 0.63 is pathetic. Let attempt to explain why. Wool coats and track suites everywhere. Why? Who in their right mind would pick a wool coat or track suite over their starting equipment? It's super frustrating to find those items in 5 out of 10 houses (then 4 out of 10 are empty). The loot economy is terrible, it is frustrating to walk from house to house and not find useful items. Even more frustrating to walk from house to house and find spawn points taken up by people switching their gear with what they've found. Most important item you can desire is water bottle and a backpack to store water bottle. Forget about making your own backpack out of burlap sack, finding rope is nearly impossible! Chances are, you will find a school or waterproof backpack before you find rope.   Hunger & thirst is super annoying. The moment you wake up, your thirst is already in yellow, run a little around and it will quickly get into red, at which point you begin losing health. The icon design and functionality is *insert bad language* terrible. It provides you no useful status update aside from "YOUR THIRST IS GOING DOWN RAPIDLY". Oh really? I *insert bad language* know it because I am *insert bad language* sprinting! I'd rather know how much I have left before I begin losing health then "thirst is dropping less rapidly". I cant believe I miss the old style text in the left corner status updates.   Stamina system is probably the worst offender. I understand why we need stamina system, but the way its done, just *insert bad language* kill me. You need stuff to survive, the more stuff you have, the better are your chances of survival. If you are planing a trip to the north, you better stack up on those water bottles boy. Or pop up a map in your web browser and plan a route that takes you through water sources. Looting is very punishing, I happened across a ballistic west and was like "yay", finally a useful item. Put it on and now I can't sprint anymore because it weights 14 *insert bad language* kilos, even more then my full backpack!      Let me round this off by asking a simple question, where is the game play loop in Dayz? What is it even supposed to look like? Do you think that going from house to house is fun, that listening to your character wheeze as he/she is trying to catch breath is fun? Do you perhaps think wool coats and track suites are fashionable again? Do you think that occasional joust with zombies is fun while they flail wildly with their limbs? Do you perhaps like being alone for prolonged period of time because none of the players will attempt to interact with you unless it involves punching, stabbing or shooting? Do you really think that we need DayZ standalone anymore?
    • Haha
    • Thanks