hello, I have a suggestion regarding DayZ, I don't know if this is the right topic section to post these but anyways.

In de DayZ Mod you had the option to cut down trees for logs etc. to build fireplaces

in the standalone there are non of these options. millions of trees an axe and no possible interaction between the two, making trees rather static and useless at this point.
with the new hunting/survival/campfire/cooking update around the corner, I had some questions regarding the two subjects.

question one: when will we be able to cut down trees for wood to use in fireplaces/barricading/crafting
question two: if the ability is finally there to do those things. are we going to be able to craft stuff like arrows?

crafting arrows example:
1. you cut down a tree, it gives you 4 pieces of wood
2. you have a bayonet/hunting knife/kitchen knife
3. you drag the knife over the logs, to get the option 'turn into sticks'
4 once you have sticks, you can drag the knife over them to make sharp sticks/arrows
5. collect feathers/hair etc. to attach to the pointed stick
6. you have crafted 4 arrows from one log.

Crafting a Bow:
1. you get 1 stick of a PVC tube
2. you find a piece of rope/cord
3. drag the rope over the PVC pipe/stick
4. craft a Improv. bow

Kinda like the burlap sack with rope/sticks to make a Improv. backpack 

does this make any sense? or is it to complicated to 'build/program' 

I think it would be an awesome option to give players the chance to make their own weapons/ammo.
so players become less dependent on 'looking for 3 arrows in cherno possibly laying on the first and tenth floor of the office building (as an example)

it would increase the flow in the game making it easier to get low grade ammo/weapons since the zombies will be growing in numbers and getting stronger along the way.

this way spawning alot of guns, isnt that much of a necessity and players are still able to 'shoot' others and zombies on sight.

let me know what you think people!!

greetings,

-NLE- Tigermonk