thelonewarrior

{Poll} A player saves your life, what do you do

You were saved, what do you do next?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. You were saved, what do you do next?

• Kill them as soon as you are back on your feet
    • Kill them only if they have something you need or better gear
    • Kill them when their back is turned
    • Say thanks, but tell them your not here to make friend but let them leave peacefully
    • Give them something in return for their help
    • Ask if they want to team up
    • Thanks them and go your seperate ways
    • Other, please explain in post

Just want to get a feel of the dayz community though I know what this will turn out like.

Heres what happend:

You have top end gear, doing what you do when you somehow go unconcious, could be you had a firefight and lost too much blood or zeds got you.

Eiether way you have passed out, when suddenly you find yourself being bandaged, transfused and epipenned.

Or it could be you were pinned down, almost dead and bleeding and they take out the guy who is trying to kill you, maybe you survived your opponent only to be swarmed by zombies and they take them out for you and then they come over and heal you

Whatever the situation, someone has just saved you and your gear that you wanted to keep, you were moments from death but someone helped you, Whats your next move?

Lets assume they are well armed too and have equal or better gear than you

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Definitely thank him/her very much, i'd be a bit suprised since it's never happened to me haha.

And i'd also offer whatever I could.

I do this all the time, usually just give a blood transfusion to people who are unconcious, I dont risk giving them a wake up call with an epipen.

Watching their paranoid reaction afterwards is also interesting, especially at night when I have NV and they dont. They look all around for me but never find me

• Like 1

Help and play with him while still in the city Gather gear. possibly give him something nice

then say thanks for not being a dick

Let me re phrase everything.

My savior would have earned my respect.

I wouldn't ask them to team up with me unless they had the same mentality towards the game, had Skype and had a good sense of humour. Also, they played tactically when necessary and know most parts of the map.I

I would not kill him/her, because such an act is completely pointless [excluding the possibility that he/she may try to kill me later on]. It would be completely pointless because I don't need any gear. I have everything I could want.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

Just let leave it at thanks, a head opposite directions. I usually go as a lone wolf at times when I play the game myself. I usually only play with others in public events.

To just shoot them after saving me is just a dick move.

But if I do happen to come across them again, I will be sure to repay them in any way I could.

Well I would thank them, but I would not ask them if they want to team up...it's just another head that'll slow me down.

I would only team up with them if: They had the same mentality towards the game, they were smart, good sense of humour, had Skype, didn't do stupid things...etc.

Blah blah blah.

I do have a question for you then good sir? How can you tell all that from -one- saving? You'd have to team up to find out any of that :) ?

I do have a question for you then good sir? How can you tell all that from -one- saving? You'd have to team up to find out any of that :) ?

Oh by 'team up' I mean join my group. I'd be happy to play with them for a bit.

I'd just stick to my rude attitude and tell him to get the hell away from me before I unleash the wrath of my M107.

Edited by Kimberlah

Nice to see most are not completely ruined by this game (except Yeni who hopefully is kidding) because this is one of the reasons I stopped being ultra friendly in the game. I would say at least 90% of the people I have saved turn out to be very thankful and I have even got some decent gear that I did not ask for, but that 10% who pop up and try to get a murder are what ruins it for everyone else. Even when I am playing as a huge bandit looking to up my murder count I still would be nothing but nice after receiving help from another player. Hell I will typically not shoot you if you see me and call friendly before I see you (you will die if I had been stalking you though, no respect for noticing me far too late in the game) because it shows a level of respect for the friendly playstyle.

I play as a bandit quite often on non Chernarus maps but I would say I have too much dignity to lower myself to outright dick moves just to add a murder, although I guess you could argue that sniping people just for the practice (found an SVD camo and have to become proficient and screw the armory I need real situations) is a dick move in itself.

Well, TBH i'd thank them head different ways, then double back to check they aren't tailing me, then if i feel like being a bastard i'll trail them for a while to see if they give away one of their camps or vehicle hoards.

I usually don't kill them though, well if they are on their own. I'll wait for them to do what they were doing, get up and leave then i'll have a look in their tents or nick a vehicle. If theres a group i can take sometimes i'll have a pop for a laugh.

Had some great moments trailing guys though, they love it when 50 mins after they saved your ass you appear and patch them up!

Most awkward moment was saving a guy whos camp i'd raided earlier. He was very grateful until i offered him a lift in his own pickup! :P

• Like 1

"After the Hero of Chernarus" saved my life and If both of us came to some arrangement to team up for mutual benefit, I'd have no problem with that..! But lets just say that the paranoia from which this mod feeds off, would constantly be in the back of your mind.

So i could see it being a short love affair.....

1. We would go or separate ways.

2. Find some nice loot then "Bang". (F#ck this I'm not letting him have it) Vice/Versa

You just never know, it might be one of the best experiences you've ever had playing. Thats what i think the concept of how interaction should playout.

Hey Lone, why haven't you been on lately, or at least when I'm on?

Anyway, I part ways with them after having spoken with them, offering some food and drink even if I'm somewhat low. I ask them if they're in a group and if they're interested in joining ours, and then go on my merry way. At the very least, that player has earned my trust.

Thank them and then eye them suspiciously as I slowly back away.

(really depends on if they have a mic, willing to join a TS, and if they sound like decent folk)

KIll them as soon as I can. Ill probably never run into him again anyways. Ive nothing to gain from him being alive. I gain being in the position to stop him from helping people I want to kill later on.

ive had this happen(so did friends GF) but they both turned out differently i was saved epi-ed and blooded only had flashlight once i was up and good to go shot in the back. friends GF got in the game (first time) 2 mins in and after we have told her to watch out for zombies, a guy comes up to her and yells to stand up and put her flash light away (after her frantic yelling "dont kill me" he ends by saying where is your BFshe said my friends are coming soon sop he shot her once, knoted her out with it bandaged her and ran off. and now she wont play at all. so lots of differnet ppl

Edited by MasterDX

This kind of shows what part of the playerbase uses the forums, and the other part that doesn`t. (Or didn`t find this thread, at least.)

I'll usually give them medical supplies if they need it, or some tools like a map or compass.

Although I've been killed a ridiculous amount of times, I still very much want to try and help anyone I would come across that would need it and am optimistic that I would get the help in return. If someone was to give me a hand I would offer them whatever I could in return.

Not sure if I would be able to resist those flavoursome tears..

I say wait till he turns around