xdarc

And so it slowly dawns on me... Dayz sucks.

Just fucking no. The current gens are fucking retarded Call of Duty + Halo franchises are fucking flatout retardedly bad. 90s games has some seriously innovation and ingenuity. The current AAA games are just repeats of the same game over and over and over again. Next Gen graphics sure, but the content is completely shite.

I mean why do you think they resurrect old 90s franchises like Fallout etc? Cos there the fucking bizzle, and most IPs nowadays are trash.

Anyways your post gets the award for biggest fuktarded statement I've read in sometime.

Oh wow, another COD hater, so original. As for your other comments, well I'll let them stand out like the retarded thumb they are. Originality as far as games go is like music, there's only so many times you can be original, the same goes for games. Graphics and new technologies is what makes games better these days. Granted some of the classic old school games have great playability still but OPs comment referred to a terrible game franchise.

You'll notice the ressurection of Fallout was completely different and way better than the original, so there is a perfect example for you. As for the award.... I am honoured. I accept this award humbley, I have the perfect place for it... bend over.

Oh wow, another COD hater, so original. As for your other comments, well I'll let them stand out like the retarded thumb they are. Originality as far as games go is like music, there's only so many times you can be original, the same goes for games. Graphics and new technologies is what makes games better these days. Granted some of the classic old school games have great playability still but OPs comment referred to a terrible game franchise.

You'll notice the ressurection of Fallout was completely different and way better than the original, so there is a perfect example for you. As for the award.... I am honoured. I accept this award humbley, I have the perfect place for it... bend over.

Only better in the sense that it looks more polished to you (a nicer looking game)

If you weren't gaming in the 90's stfu then cuz you don't have an informed opinion.

Other than graphics dudes right. O and you're a clown

That just about sums it up

Just fucking no. The current gens are fucking retarded Call of Duty + Halo franchises are fucking flatout retardedly bad. 90s games has some seriously innovation and ingenuity. The current AAA games are just repeats of the same game over and over and over again. Next Gen graphics sure, but the content is completely shite.

I mean why do you think they resurrect old 90s franchises like Fallout etc? Cos there the fucking bizzle, and most IPs nowadays are trash.

Anyways your post gets the award for biggest fuktarded statement I've read in sometime.

Too right man. That guy has to be fucking retarded to suggest video games and PCs/internet were "shit" back in the 90s. In the 90s they were the fucking bomb. It looked extremely realistic to me at that time. There was nothing else to compare it to. Only with hindsight do the graphics look shit. He digs his grave a little deeper by going on to explain graphics are all that matter now? More like back in the 90s, before big business mother fuckers took over all the devs and raped the individuality of their ideas, pumping out flashy graphics "shit" games, there was an originality in gaming that would otherwise still exist today

Its not original being a CoD hater it's just really how many times are you going to spend 40 quid to play the same game with the same engine over and over again untill you realise your getting shafted. You'll also note that alot of game developers have also said that the indsutry needs to start to mature as it is clearly stagnating.

And Fallout 3 was on par with the originals. It just looks alot flashier.

• Like 2

Only better in the sense that it looks more polished to you (a nicer looking game)

If you weren't gaming in the 90's stfu then cuz you don't have an informed opinion.

Other than graphics dudes right. O and you're a clown

That just about sums it up

I was gaming in the 90's, less than I do now because I was young and had a life.

Too right man. That guy has to be fucking retarded to suggest video games and PCs/internet were "shit" back in the 90s. In the 90s they were the fucking bomb. It looked extremely realistic to me at that time. There was nothing else to compare it to. Only with hindsight do the graphics look shit. He digs his grave a little deeper by going on to explain graphics are all that matter now? More like back in the 90s, before big business mother fuckers took over all the devs and raped the individuality of their ideas, pumping out flashy graphics "shit" games, there was an originality in gaming that would otherwise still exist today

Wow, someone hates on the generic popular shooter and this guy leads with the retard insult, this is one thing I do not miss form the 90's gaming genre.

Its not original being a CoD hater it's just really how many times are you going to spend 40 quid to play the same game with the same engine over and over again untill you realise your getting shafted. You'll also note that alot of game developers have also said that the indsutry needs to start to mature as it is clearly stagnating.

And Fallout 3 was on par with the originals. It just looks alot flashier.

Well, personally I never got into COD. I stand by my statement, games as a whole are better now. Multiplayer experience is everything in a game and back in the 90's there wasn't a great availability as there is now., ie:everyone has the internet today, but back then, not so much.

Please feel free to keep the insults coming, just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't mean you have to be an arsehole. It's called debate.

Well, personally I never got into COD. I stand by my statement, games as a whole are better now. Multiplayer experience is everything in a game and back in the 90's there wasn't a great availability as there is now., ie:everyone has the internet today, but back then, not so much.

Please feel free to keep the insults coming, just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't mean you have to be an arsehole. It's called debate.

Whaaaaat 90s multiplayer online was going on, Quake 2 and the many shit tonnes of mods it had was gettin played, so was Unreal. It's just alot of kids were turding around on nintendo at the time. And no games as a whole really arn't better. I'd give my left nutt for a game like Baldurs Gate again. However the indie scene has made some good titles recently but you sure as fuck arn't playing games like botanicula for the thrilling multiplayer experience. Just get to grips with the idea that the gaming machine medium can do alot more than just brainless FPS.

The crux of your argument seems to be that

1) You weren't playing multiplayer games when you were younger

2) Therefore you didn't know that there were multiplayer games when you were younger

3) Therefore it's better now, now that you do know and play them and they are better games for that reason

Fuck i was playing with hundreds of players at once in the massively multiplayer Raider Wars as early as 1997 and that had 3d graphics. Delta wasn't 3d but it still packed heaps of players per server (like 100?).

You just missed out.

So when I say multiplayer you assume FPS? /facepalm

Internet speeds back then were shite, therefore online gaming was worse.

I didn't miss out at all, I had great fun.

So when I say multiplayer you assume FPS? /facepalm

Internet speeds back then were shite, therefore online gaming was worse.

I didn't miss out at all, I had great fun.

If you are talking to me about the multiplayer FPS assumption: No. Raider Wars was not an FPS, here is a link to information on that http://home.earthlink.net/~phreec/rwabout.html .

Internet speeds back then would be shite on todays games. The loads were relative. Even on a modem I enjoyed delta and raider wars without a hitch. As time went on and there was halflife/TF - by then you could get ISDN for as low a ping as you can get today. Still the 90s. There was also a really big C&C MP scene and total annihilation..Really with the emergence of the masses online due to increased connectivity, which you seem to think implies better games, the quality of gaming has only gone down. It's full of smacktards now. I'm sure you had fun on the snes man

Edited by GoodGrief

ah come on now.. the internet was shite in the 90's, to get a decent gaming experience you had to set up a lan with your mates...

@OP. Just use your imagination (like you also needed back in the 80's and 90's due to poor graphics.) make up your own mission. Join up with some guys and go clear towns from bandits. Help those in need or just observe people kill eachother and then loot their bodies for fun. There is so much to do beside killing others. But you will have to truy.

there isnt no depth once you realize this dayz is no fun to play.

basically you start out like wtf what great fun learn the ropes getting shitty guns and a rusty axe pull off a kill or two on your search for loot on bandits and think sweet !

then you find your first real good gun get your first vehicle and your like yeah man im on this now. then you learn the lie of the land where everything is dont need map and can get your basics very quickly .

this is when the game goes down hill cause you realize its just a game of find a gun, water and food then rinse and repeat.

once you had the vehicles the guns the camps there is nothing left.

this is why dayz needs missions like wasteland mod and other things added in to keep things from getting stale like it does after a month of playing the game.

the reason dayz was , is a success as it was fresh and every dived in very quickly . now ask how many of your friends if in groups play it at all or daily. litterally everyone i know stopped a month ago after hacking got so retarded .

i find it funy that every excuse in this game is often down to the game being a "ALPHA" well when standalone comes out its going back to "ALPHA " haha a game that never breaks alpha !!!

1. find players to play with

2. try different map (Lingor, Takistan ... even Utes is good for few PvP moments)

The problem is that once you've been playing a while you can gear yourself in half an hour, once you're geared there's nothing to do except murder people.

Or help people?

the reason dayz was , is a success as it was fresh and every dived in very quickly . now ask how many of your friends if in groups play it at all or daily. litterally everyone i know stopped a month ago after hacking got so retarded .

Still posting? Still playing?

And a side point. Anybody who says its boring to sit around and look, aka "sit and wait" otherwise know as an "ambush", and that the firefights don't involve much running around...two things.

1)You have been conditioned by other shooters to move around like a manic kid with adhd

2) Pick up a gun or heck even a stick, go run the backyard and see how striaght you can keep the 'barrel'. Then tell me how accurcate you think would be shooting at 100+ meters

Edited by Trizzo

I'm sure you had fun on the snes man

Never owned a Snes, I had an N64 and pretty much only played Perfect Dark on it. Please, continue to insult me for sharing my opinion.

Man I miss playing Duke Nukem 3d on my 28,000 baud modem and my gamepad.

ah come on now.. the internet was shite in the 90's, to get a decent gaming experience you had to set up a lan with your mates...

I'm not saying there weren't dramas bro, but i still have internet issues during games today. it seems non central to the argument is all. What was missing in the 90s was viral online social medias. With those, people would have been drawn to the likes of Raider Wars and known better. I swear that shit ran perfectly fine. it was an open beta game which had astonishing gfx for its time and had epic scale

Here is an exert from the only site i can find about RW: :

http://home.earthlink.net/~phreec/rwabout.html

Raider Wars*, created by Interactive Magic Online in 1997 based on the Planetary Raiders engine, was one of the earliest and most revolutionary online-only multiplayer games.With support for at least 50 players per server, virtually lagless gameplay, a locational damage system, 3D-accelerated graphics that can still hold their own in 2006 and software graphics that could blaze along at 600x480 on a sub-100MHZ Pentium, Raider Wars was incomprehensibly ahead of its time for the late 90's. In some respects, it's even ahead of its time today. It was a true, albiet forgotten, classic in every sense of the word.

Actually it was one server and hundreds of people (or more like thousands as it says on another page). And it was a fast gaming experience on modem. That idea Raider Wars was one of many bought out by a big business company (AOL) and dumped.

Realise this is a hard derail so will slowly back the fuck out the thread, even if the op hates game.

edit: having major issues linking, using spaces, via smartphone apologies

Edited by GoodGrief
  • Like 1

While I agree with some of your negativities towards the DayZ experience, it's allot about being thick skinned. it takes quite some deaths to realize you can make the game to your likings. but that is most likely by teaming up with friends in my opinion. I noticed that when playing solo. you do tend to get lonely (at least I know I do) that is also where you start to lose interests of playing the game.

• Like 1

Halo isn't bad at all :(, if you have looked, Halo has innovated many-a-time, even with it's newer instalments. I can't see much wrong from Halo apart for it being an exclusive.

but CoD is complete and utter bullshit, and everyone has to agree here. Ruining the bloody gaming industry....

Halo isn't bad at all :(, if you have looked, Halo has innovated many-a-time, even with it's newer instalments. I can't see much wrong from Halo apart for it being an exclusive.

but CoD is complete and utter bullshit, and everyone has to agree here. Ruining the bloody gaming industry....

I liked the firsat couple of COD's. I thought they were fun but stopped after World at War. Probably why I still play Red Orchestra 2. Did they ruin it? Meh.. I dont know. As long as games like this keep coming out and indie developers can get their work out there then COD can ruin shit all they want. I wont play it again.

As far as the internet thing in the 90's. I was a avid Tribes player. Ran perfectly fine on my modem. Warcraft was also great.

Op. Sucks you feel that way. Then again this is a mod. Rocket himself said that the game in its current state was really only designed for a few hours of gameplay.

Being an old school gamer, Im tired of every game coming out thats just reskinned old games. I truly only play one of a kind games anymore. If it wasn't for Dayz, Tribes:Ascend(Hey at least it came back) Darl SOuls and a few others, I probably just stop gamining altogether,.

• Like 1

cod hasnt ruined the industry ! sheep have who buy crappy products sold by people catering for said sheep.

if people didnt follow such sheepish patterns how would they sell the crap ? baaaaaa.

i so agree the recent cods of mw2 and mw3 were a joke but cod 1 uo cod2 mw1 or cod4 as most call it are near enough master pieces . cod4 is played by 5 times as many as bf3 everyday ! five years old.

a great game will always be great regardless. if its got great playability and fun replay factor it always will be . dayz can be fun but it soon drops off after a short period of starting to play it .

this is why it needs added purpose which retains the fun dayz can generate but without turning into left4dead ala WarZ .

I think this is Dayz´s biggest problem. Not the hackers, not the hardship of learning the map, the controls, the game. And not the zombies, as they can be outrunned. Its not the PvP either. While PvP in itself is annoying for the one who draws the shortest straw its one of the things that makes DayZ good. The problem, which he so thoughtfully described, is the gab from new player to veteran. The people like me who started playing this game in May and before that, and have stuck with it since, are so setup, with good gear, camps, equipment, often their own server. And a mentality of giving noone a chance. For one not to loose the gear, for the second not having to drag someone around who is properly gonna get them killed. So a new player gets the game, have no idea how the game works, have properly heard alot of good teamwork stories online. He then tries to contact the first person he meets, whereupon that person shoots him on sight. After that has happend with every person he runs into, he starts getting annoyed. And unless he have buddies to help him, he properly wont get any help. Not many experienced players are going to want to drag him around if asked on a forum. If you want DayZ to be alot of fun you need to play with people (i know a few play as lone wolfs, but not many, except new players), and there just arent anyone willing to team up who knows the game. And a new player cannot help a new player. More communication requested.

The problem is that once you've been playing a while you can gear yourself in half an hour, once you're geared there's nothing to do except murder people. It's not even remotely close to a real sandbox because there are no tools, it's about as much a sandbox as any other game ever invented.

There are plenty of fools. You could help them survive. Troll them. Join them. Protect them.

Firefights also are much more intense than in other games. In PvP-Games like CoD or whatever you don't give a shit about killing and being killed. That's all you do. In DayZ every shot fired in hearing distance get's you adrenaline up.

Copied from my original post and updated.

If you've ever played for a long time and tried to find a legit AS50, you know how hard it can be to find. You might check 10 helicopter crashes in a row and still not find one. The standalone will come, when it does, everyone from the mightiest clan to the lowly beach-comber will be scrambling just to find something as simple as a CZ 550. Stary Sobor and the Airfields will become hotbeds again when clans regularly need to check them for loot. Someone might toil endlessly for a M107 just to get shot trying to reach the treeline. Raiding a clan camp will actually MEAN something when the looted guns and equipment are actually now gone forever. Sniping from cliff face wont seem worth it when you only find a M24 with one 5-round clip. If guns and ammo can be spawned with unique ID numbers, it will be relatively simple to squash duped items with database audits after they are spawned.

Zombies will run follow you through buildings and on piers for standalone, so sprinting through Elektro and Cherno at max speed wont be possible. Humans will hesitate to Lee Einfield someone across the street for fear of bringing the whole damn city down on his head. If I understood everything correctly, they also want characters to slow to a walk if the run for too long. So no more zombie trains leaving the city, they will catch you eventually. Fresh spawn tension will be tenfold what it is now.

This is the heart of what DayZ is, provoking emotional responses to the in-game events. If you play solo and gear up and wonder "What now?" Wouldn't that be the same thing you would ask yourself in a real world zombie apocalypse? Your house is fortified, the armored car is outside, you have plenty of food and water and still the question you ask yourself when you're all alone is "What now?".

Gotta say i never got DayZ for the "zombie apocalypse" aspect of it. When I first heard of it all I could think was "zombies? Fuck yeah!" But after seeing a lot of what could happen in player interaction I was sold on that, not the zombies. So the fact that they're just kind of like flies doesn,t bug me (heh...flies...bug). Plus I still freak the fuck out when it's night and I'm having my final stand in a random house. Its all about how you take it, not how this game presents it.

• Like 2