borntobewild

When and where from did you heard about DayZ and what forced you to buy it?

Heard about it on YouTube, Watching OshiSeven and Sacriell kill people. Looked amazing so i decided to buy it.

Next thing i know, im not answering friends call's or going outside. :)

Friend told me about it, he didn't have it either but we searched for people playing it on Twitch and we were all hooked on the concept of it all.

I was on an app called weave. It's a news app for windows phone. Saw a thread on Kotaku while I was on the app, and had to get it.

My wife was complaining that I never spend time with my computer, only her, so I had to find something to take all my time on the computer besides l4d2...

I was looking at "Run for Your Lives" vids on youtube, and saw a video of what looked to me at first like a couple of guys in a field. I realized it was a game, started watching more tutorial vids, and then I saw Sacriel's "Why you should get DayZ". I proceeded to buy Arma II CO, download DayZ, become frustrated with the gameplay on my laptop, and buy a new computer. I haven't touched my Xbox in over a month. I think it might belong to the kid now.

Nothing forced my to buy it.

Why I bought it is because it's a zombie apocalypse survival, and a mod to Arma.

• Like 1

Friend showed it to me.. Played it since.

My brother messaged me one day and told me to check out all these vids on Youtube. I'd always been been looking for a zombie apocalypse/survival simulator, so DayZ seemed like a dream to me.

And then I met the hackers...

There was a thread on another gaming forum I frequent, sounded awesome so bought arma2, glad I did got 2 great games for the price of one.

I was in the beginning stages of making my own survival horror game type on arma 2 free. Some guy joined while we were testing and said "Man, this has nothing on dayz".

This is way back when there was like 2 servers, i was playing a very very bugged zombie game in ArmA 2, i think it was zombie sandox or something like that, and when i played that, well the mod was broken in all servers, no zombies, no hunger and most of the time the game was laggy.

So i went off to youtube looking for a zombie survival video for ArmA 2 and i saw a video that said: The night after the strom, it was like a guy in a bulding with a red flare runing from 6 zombies, he went to the rooftop of that bulding and took out his revolver .45.

After that he checked the ammo and stood there in the dark night while the zombies tried to get to him.

So a guy comes in runing from below and starts yelling:"I will save you! dont worry!" (this video was WAAAAAY before the bandits shit even started). So the guy starts shooting the zombies went to follow the guy shooting, after like 15 seconds you can hear the scream of the guy shooting and the shooting stops...then the guy recording starts runing and jumps off the bulding killing himself.

I asked if this was scripted and the guy said no, that it was a mod called DayZ and he gave me a mediafire link with the Ip of a server, so yeah...

Raed about it on another forum and downloaded it that night. Back when the mak was still a spawn weapon,bandits were fairly rare and scriptees had not popped in to ruin the fun. Convinced my mate and partner to get their own copy by the next weekend.

I just had a few steam friends spam me with DAYZ. So I decided to watch a youtube feed of what it was, and after an hour or so I bought Arma 2 and waited for the install.

Read an article about it on the BBC news website. watched a couple of youtube vids.

Convinced both my brother and dad to buy arma 2 just for the mod.

So now we have our little 3 man family group. Been playing for over 2 months. Still going...

I watched it when on YT when everyone was friendly, giving hugs and trading there beans. I thought to my self, this game looks amazing. So i got the mod, went into a server, found a player and shot in the face.

I saw a video on YouTube posted by RoosterTeeth showcasing it.

What made me buy Arma II was my own interest in the mod.

I went on Google and typed upcoming zombie games, DayZ was one of the side links and I clicked on it, after hearing the guy scream and run like a derranged chicken.

I knew.

Immediately after seeing this I was downloading it and installing it. My first spawn was at night, near Balota. I was shaking when I finished. No game had ever done this for me in the past.

I didn't tell my best friend, because he usually beats me at everything, So i hid the fact until he bought it. Imagine his surprise when I ran up behind him and shot him in his face Voip'ed him "haha silly bastard"

He hasn't forgiven me yet!

Was on Gamespy and read about permadeath and zombies and I was on a real zombie kick for some reason (went through several online games, some even turn-based, in my pursuit of zombie-killing joy other than Left 4 Dead/L4D2 which I stopped playing years ago).

Finally found a copy of Arma II on sale months later after it was mentioned in a couple of other articles.

My opinion of the game...changed.

Edited by BazBake

Saw on YouTube and just had to join the party! And an awesome party it is!