I see on the dayz map there are boats but i have never seen them. Has anyone ever got one before and if so can they hold equipment.

No, they cannot hold anything at the moment.

But they are in game. I have driven many.

TIP: PBX is god, fishing boats suck.

Not sure, if they did i would imagine the fishing boat will hold the most, the PBX is the only boat worth getting but i'm sure it doesn't hold much.

You could confirm this on the DayZ wiki under Vehicle section.

Edited by Auzzii

No, they cannot hold anything at the moment.

But they are in game. I have driven many.

TIP: PBX is god, fishing boats suck.

I feel your pain, brother. The fishing boat wasted my time and a bizon mag just getting the fuel...

...and it wouldn't even drive because the water was too shallow.

• Like 1

Not sure, if they did i would imagine the fishing boat will hold the most, the PBX is the only boat worth getting but i'm sure it doesn't hold much.

You could confirm this on the DayZ wiki under Vehicle section.

They can't currently hold anything. If you put something into them it drops onto the ocean floor.

Don't even bother with anything besides the PBX. PBX is the SHIT, it's an amazing boat. The rest of the boats are, well...shit.

• Like 1

The fishing boat is still faster to get to Skalisty than swimming though :)

Why bash on boats?

You guys don't like getting hypothermia from being in them?

It's not that, I just don't like starving to death on a run from the South end of Berezino to the North end of Berezino. Good god, you simply can't carry enough beans to make that run in the fishing boat.

:D

• Like 1

Fishing boat goes 10MPH till you switch it into maximum overdrive then it revs up to a beastly 15.

Be careful. I had a run in with a boat a while back. It baited me by giving me the option to "shoot from boat". Of course Im going to do it if I can. Next thing I know Im permanantly attached to the boat. My brother runs the boat off the water and rolls it. I stay permanently attached to the boat. I relog and spawn on the coast with no gear. GG boat, you win.