straw

Monky Monitor

One question.

How does one escape the monky monitor without dying?

wait it out?

Try to entice it out with muffins, when it is out far enough... grab it and put it in a cage/box and take it to your local recycling centre.

• Like 1

I found a server running the Monky monitor and was somewhat surprised since it was a public server, at first I thought maybe this server has their shit together and is active in catching hackers but the teleport to the tiny island way Southeast (over 10k away from Elektro) quickly destroyed that sense of security.

Give it plenty of hugs, muffins, beans...

...and, if everything else is out of course, your life.

8 retards replied with spam just to get their post count up.

Congratz ppl.

For ppl who want to know how to get out of it, you need to ctrl+alt+del then terminate process in task manager. If you press esc or alt+f4 a grey screen will pop which kills you. And all F buttons are disabled aswell - means will kill you. Trying to close game through win key +close game in Dayz Commander got me killed.

The only 2 guys of my squad who survived were ctrl+alt+del guy and wait until monky monitor disappears guy.

• Like 1

Back to one of the most important questions asked... WTF is a Monky Monitor?

Its some script hackers run that replaces your debug monitor with one branded "monky monitor" it will then proceed to kill you and tell you that you died for hacking if you try to do pretty much anything other than sit still with your thumb up your arse.

8 retards replied with spam just to get their post count up.

Congratz ppl.

For ppl who want to know how to get out of it, you need to ctrl+alt+del then terminate process in task manager. If you press esc or alt+f4 a grey screen will pop which kills you. And all F buttons are disabled aswell - means will kill you. Trying to close game through win key +close game in Dayz Commander got me killed.

The only 2 guys of my squad who survived were ctrl+alt+del guy and wait until monky monitor disappears guy.

Ok asshat, I thought you were talking about the monky monitor that replaces the debug monitor, but since you decided to be a giant douche and not explain what the fuck you meant people responded in the appropriate fashion. I got out of the server just fine after I was teleported to that island, even went back later and found a boat and took the long trip back to Elektro. Explain yourself better if you want a better answer.

I will take my Bronies in the Deerpy Hooves variant.

• Like 1

Its some script hackers run that replaces your debug monitor with one branded "monky monitor" it will then proceed to kill you and tell you that you died for hacking if you try to do pretty much anything other than sit still with your thumb up your arse.

Ahhh i see, thank you, i will keep notice of this and look into it a little further...

Ok asshat, I thought you were talking about the monky monitor that replaces the debug monitor, but since you decided to be a giant douche and not explain what the fuck you meant people responded in the appropriate fashion. I got out of the server just fine after I was teleported to that island, even went back later and found a boat and took the long trip back to Elektro. Explain yourself better if you want a better answer.

I will take my Bronies in the Deerpy Hooves variant.

Couldn't have said it any better myself, you want straight to the point answers?? then Ask the right question...

Also i don't quite understand your last statement but my mind is telling me to say Thank you anyway!

• Like 1

Ahhh i see, thank you, i will keep notice of this and look into it a little further...

Couldn't have said it any better myself, you want straight to the point answers?? then Ask the right question...

Also i don't quite understand your last statement but my mind is telling me to say Thank you anyway!

Was just saying if I want to talk with a Brony it would be you, not the other guy (just messing around out of all the people I meet on the threads bronies seem like well mannered posters if I was going to generalize, might not like your specific choice in entertainment but that is just personal preference and not an insult).

Was just saying if I want to talk with a Brony it would be you, not the other guy (just messing around out of all the people I meet on the threads bronies seem like well mannered posters if I was going to generalize, might not like your specific choice in entertainment but that is just personal preference and not an insult).

Ah well a thank you is in order then :) Yup it ain't everyones cup of tea, but it doesn't in turn make us bad people, but i agree with you the Bronies here are the most well mannered about.

Unlucky for zombie jesus that he cant count (9 replies, calling 8 retarded *hint - who's acting like an douche now? ), funny how everyone else has the urge to talk bs on the internet without even knowing what they are replying to.

Well I'm out of here

• Like 1

Funny how I was the 7th reply, putting me firmly in the retard replies category (fair enough, but original post was vague). I also think you might be wrong about what the Monky monitor does, although I would say I do not have a huge amount of personal experience with this particular script. When I played on the map with the Monky Monitor I played normally for about thirty minutes or so with no problem, but I did notice anyone who died was called a hacker which actually made me laugh. It is a clear sign that a hacker is present, but your death most likely came from another script (once again might be wrong but my experience with the server shows I was both able to live and log out normally with no consequences). I did eventually get teleported along with the rest of the map, but until reading this thread I thought it was just some quirky sever side option that was running.

I get dickish real fast, but I also get over it just as quick.

We had the monky monitor 2x today. And just out of curiosity I pressed esc again, and I got the message - no escaping this! and died. Also a friend who didnt get the notice to ctrl+alt+del and terminate died.

Funny thing is how the developers say they cant do anything about alt+f4 and some script kiddie can kill you when you alt+f4 or try to DC. Also I you might be right that the monky monitor doesnt do that and actually only shows the debug. But still it might be a default action which comes with the hack or ppl just activate it most of the time.

We had the monky monitor 2x today. And just out of curiosity I pressed esc again, and I got the message - no escaping this! and died. Also a friend who didnt get the notice to ctrl+alt+del and terminate died.

Funny thing is how the developers say they cant do anything about alt+f4 and some script kiddie can kill you when you alt+f4 or try to DC. Also I you might be right that the monky monitor doesnt do that and actually only shows the debug. But still it might be a default action which comes with the hack or ppl just activate it most of the time.

Yea my experience with it was limited and when I quit a game I alt tabbed and close the game through Dayz commander (but you said that killed people as well) so not real sure about my statement earlier. Hackers be hacking, seems like I have become far too accepting of the grief these people cause. Starting to think I was just lucky during my experience with the Monky Monitor, at least now I know what the script can do to a player and out of caution I will take your advice on ctrl, alt, del and close it in task manager. Sorry for being a dick earlier, sometimes these things happen on the internet.

hehe. I don't know rather to want to pet Derpi, Hes, so much amusement tonight I might have to go bake some muffins! Now I really want one of those small monkeys now though....

hehe. I don't know rather to want to pet Derpi, Hes, so much amusement tonight I might have to go bake some muffins! Now I really want one of those small monkeys now though....

:D yay im getting petted! now hand over the muffins!!

Im really curious about this Monkey Monitor thing... i kinda wanna see it happen to me so i can experience it and go "aaaahhh, well that was crap" and they get on with my DayZ life.....