Willynelson

Friendly Fire..

An hour has past... We have been trying to rebuild this damn heli for an hour.....

6 guys, 2 protecting the broken heli 4 in 2 vehicals driving like mad men to get bits to fix this bloody heli..

Finally... enough glass in this thing tin can to hold fuel.

That sound... The blades swinging round and round past my head. It truely is awesome to see something you have spent so much time fixing fire into life.

Lets blow this popsicle stand is the order as we fly away from the area towards a distant fueling tank. I'm happily gripping the M240 on the side occassionaly firing randomly at the nothingness below.

"SHIT..."

What are the chances to 2 helicopters attempting to fuel at the same place.."BLOW IT UP" is what I hear from the Server Admin, I struggle to see from my side of the heli what they are talking about, The other cannon is raining rounds at something but i can't see what. As i finally see what they are talking about the heli has fled the scene and we NEED fuel so we land.

Easy enough 3 of us, 2 on jerry's and one l85 on 'look-out.'

Another eternity.. Jesus this heli takes a Butt tonne of fuel...

"how much to go i ask?" "almost done" is the reply as our 'look-out' pops in and out of the cab checking fuel levels.

I'm standing facing the side of the heli for the what seems like 50th time when, "BANG, CRACK" i hear as my screen goes black. I feel like i spotted as i faded from life the brain matter from my scull spread across the side of the chopper chassis, I remember thinking that shot sounded CLOSE.

Jesus i think, someone has bloody shot me close range whilst tramping fuel up the hill. I start hurling abuse over the TS.. To hear, "shit shit shit shit, im down and bleeding.."

Hmmm the assumption that friendly fire has killed me is starting to move towards the unlikely column.. there was only 3 of us there and 2 are down now?

Screams of "get in the choppah and get out of there" fly over TS.

"Im dead" our look out anounce's over TS.

So truth be known... We wern't alone.

The elation of fixing a heli, engaging another heli in flight and finally having the pinacle of transportation in our hands had blurred our set of rules we had used so many times with all vehicles.

• 1. Are zombies there, Yes = Someone else is then, move on.

Ok so the other heli had spawned them so we wern't to have known if anyone was left behind, but thats exactly it. we didn't know. We should have flown on to another fuel station. Hindsight is 20/20

Live and learn? Well kind of, we were lucky enough that someone else from our group had heard the comotion made a B line for the area, had not been spotted and m104'ed there heli pilot killing the lot of them, but that won't bring me back to life.

Now to start to look for another Heli.

That one has got to sting. I remember how I lost my first heli. I found it fully repaired at a base near Petrovka. It was completely out of fuel and I had 3 jerry cans on me - "That will be enough to get me to the NWAF to refuel" I told myself.

It was not.

Stopped reading at 2 helis on same server. Nuff said

Actually you have not said anywhere near nuff..

Any reason why your ignorance has led you to believe there is only room for one heli per server?

Edited by Willynelson