Sign in to follow this  
mini g

So I did a bad thing last night

So there I was in the dark night at the deer stand north west of Novy Sobor (the one looking out to the fields). I was cold and low on blood with only two other survivors on the server. In need of food and ammo I took the decision to go into Stary Sobor, a place I avoid and dread going into unless I have mates with me. As I reached the summit of the hill I began checking the place for zed activity, realising there was none I started my crawl to the military tents, I needed more ammo for my suppressed M4 and hopefully a coyote pack might be found.

Then in the corner of my screen I saw a light, panic set it, I could feel my heart beating faster. Was it a torch? Then I heard the unmistakable noise of a car. In a server with me and two other players I couldn't begin to think of the random chance that brought a car, with people, near me. The noise felt a screech in my ear, harpies squawking that I was going to die for my foolishness.

Curses and all I wanted was ammo and the dear sweet relief of some tinned sardines.

I could hear the zed's getting riled up, so I started to crawl back into the darkness watching all around me fearing these survivors came from behind.

Boom. More panic, was that shot at me then I saw a zed drop. No, they've stopped beside the camp, headlights throwing the darkness back.

A silhouette appeared. It was a man in a ghillie suit. Now my heart was pumping, I could barely call my fingers to move. I was focused on one task.

Death.

In an instant I had decided they had something I wanted. A jeep. With such a fine automobile I could traverse Chernarus at my leisure.

Pfft pfft pfft went my subsonic rounds, the first fellow didn't realise what had happened until it was too late. A murder, and it took a mag I was that full of adrenaline. I was ecstatic, as he'd ran towards me thinking the fire was from behind. Then the jeep rev's up and moves towards me, I fire at the driver, not aiming properly as I need to move. His headlights are bearing down on me. Knowing the end was now I switched to full auto. I clicked in my last mag with 10 rounds knowing that I had done all I could.

But suddenly the driver swerved and hit the fence.

Hope, sweet beautiful hope. I could taste the honey in my mouth as I ran as fast as I could to the tents. Already the driver was reversing behind me, I prayed he didn't get out and start shooting. I had only 10 rounds for my M4 and 2 glock mags, the engagement would see me dead by his hands or the zeds if he started shooting. Thankfully he was intent on turning me into freshly squashed roadkill. I made it to the tent and the zed's were intent on attacking the jeep. Lady luck smiled upon me and I found a glock mag and an SD mag, This jeep was going to be mine, Hades be damned!

I could see the driver, angry that I had killed his only companion in this cold, cruel world. Frustrated he drove around the camp attracting as many zed's as possible. I knew his plan, he was going to kill my by attracting the zed's to me. As he drove past the door, I took aim at his car, hoping to hurt him more than the jeep. It was so precious I wanted it unhurt. Within a few short minutes I had ran dry of ammo for my precious M4.

The adrenaline in my system was replaced with a cold determination. I would have my jeep.

The engine died, zed's started screaming, I knew he was coming for me. I prepared to sell myself dearly,

Then I heard his screams. Something I came to dread but in this instant was a sweet sweet sound. A part of me wanted to run to his aid. Afterall it wasn't his fault that I opened fire, he merely had a jeep. Damn you conscience! As I moved to the door I saw the zed's eating his flesh, sickened I raised my pistol.

Over is dead.

I crouched in shock, my actions had led to a second death tonight. Two armed survivors were dead, replaced with empty husks. The elation of the contact turned into shock, even disgust that I had taken the life of one and led to the death of the second.

But I had my jeep.

Edited by Mini G
  • Like 15

Nice story and well put accross, loved it.

I know it wont help much to aid your discomfort, but if they had seen you first im almost certain that you would of met the business end of whatever weapon they where carrying.

Kill or be killed.

wow nice story good job bro good job that you killed those guys but i bet they were the type who kill for kicks

Thanks for the kind words guys, I had a blast doing it so I thought I should share. This game is made more by the tales and stories that happen through these chance encounters.

I couldn't be certain about them. They've been using my server since it was set up but I just couldn't resist it. I did leave my suppressed M4 and fal in a half fixed jeep for them. I felt that bad.

In other games I have no issues shooting people/pvp but in this I actually felt guilty. That was my fourth kill ingame, two were legit where I was fired upon first and the third a friendly though I don't want to tell that tale as he is unaware of the friendly fire.

The third a friendly though I don't want to tell that tale as he is unaware of the friendly fire.

Oh, now you have to tell it. Quick, someone buy a round of drinks!

• Like 3

So you took down a guy in headlights at night out in open and took a half hour getting the other guy? meh, they deserved it.

Why so angsty? Motherfuckers were in your jeep, dammit!

Yeah.

Although, honestly, vehicles will only get you killed. You saw how it ended for them, eh?

Also, if it's dark out, why were you crawling? Unless you're taking fire or need to prone to shoot something like a crew served weapon, there is no point to crawling... you can walk right past the zeds at night.

Edited by Just a Goat

I'll tell the tale in a few days Sarge once I get time.

Honestly, no real answer to that Just a Goat. I think it was more to my mindset that Stary Sobor is a bad place to be when you are hurt and need food/ammo.