Sign in to follow this  
Mitchel1112

Maps (DayZ Standalone)

For the DayZ mod on Arma II itself, if you want to play another map other than Chernarous you need to install it. I had an idea that to take away the hassle for all players, just adding the 4 maps on the DayZ Standalone (or more if any) as a choice, you click which map you wish to play and servers pop up only for that map. Anyone else think that's an idea?! (It may not make sense, so do say and I'll try and re-explain it! :D )

I understand fully. But aren't those unofficial maps, so all the non-chernarus maps, unsupported by the DayZ-Devz/Rocket. and even frowned upon?

Yeah, basically the same as now like on DayZ commander, you just select which one you want to play then adjust your filter.

Although they would have to make the maps for themselves and still have seperate hives as this would cause mayhem..

Yes, Chernaurus is the only 'legit' and officially supported by the DayZ dev-team & Rocket.

Hey guys,

as I know: an admin (Dayzmod.com) told me that there will be more maps to play on. I espacially asked for lingor and he told me, that there will be min. 1+ maps to choose from.

Sorry for my bad english (ger here).

Hf & GL in rl and Dayz

but

I like the idea of extra maps for the standalone version, maybe they could be implented as ´´DLC´s´´ such as in CoD. I think 5 euro is a good price to pay for an extra map. They could release couple extra maps within a few months after the release.

I like the idea of extra maps for the standalone version, maybe they could be implented as ´´DLC´s´´ such as in CoD. I think 5 euro is a good price to pay for an extra map. They could release couple extra maps within a few months after the release.

Maps take months to build, so they wont have them ready for this year or even next summer.

Well, if Rocket did a Poll on weather to add the ''Unoffical'' maps I think they'd be best too. I wouldn't think it would be two hard to have chernarous, lingor, utes and takistan all ready in the dayz standalone. When the standalone comes around I don't want to go straight back to chernarous, I want takistan, for the reason of i have yet to play it and i want to keep playing lingor until the standalone. I think rocket should at least consider the other maps. The only problem with multiple maps is separating the servers so you don't log out from lingor with a ghillie and sniper and join utes at the coast with a ghillie and sniper, but im sure it's very possible before the standalone does come out. Isn't it at the end of this month it comes out?

Since chernarus is based on real map, why don't we make maps surrounding chernarus. All the way to Novigrad.

Edited by codeakira

Since chernarus is based on real map, why don't we make maps surrounding chernarus. All the way to Novigrad.

Yeah that's my idea aswell. They should just expand south past the river like they have in the ACR map.

Why not use search?

I agree, I wanna use my one char to travel differend sections of the world.

Maps take months to build, so they wont have them ready for this year or even next summer.

If it's a standalone I am pretty sure they have enough resources to release, for example, lingor/takistan/new maps. A map such as lingor shouldn't take more then 3 months to redesign to use in DayZ. New maps however are a different story. They could easily take up the double amount.