Sign in to follow this  
Taiphoz

Maps. Unique..

Mine Craft Maps ?

ok the idea is real simple, when you pick up a map and have it on your toolbelt, I would like it that when you place a map marker on that map, it gets saved to THAT MAP, players could then have a number of maps, each marking unique things.

I may for example create a map of all of my tents and base locations, a map like this would be left in my base or hidden in some tent, something I only take out the tent and look at to get my rough direction to my next base.

I could then also have other maps in the tent which I marked enemy base locations on, a map like that I might actually carry around on me.

The Key thing being that if a player kills me, they might look at my map to see what I have on it, and if it makrs something they like the look of, they might make my map and use it to go raid my things, or they might just copy my map onto theirs.

Bottom line, let use mark our own unique maps, that we can save in a tent or house or etc....

Thing is though nobody is going to mark their own bases etc on a map that can be stolen when they can use an out of game map that can't. I do agree that the map marking system needs to be improved though.

They are planning on implementing some sort of diary/notes system that you can leave around for other players or in your tent etc.

Edited by smasht_AU

Yeah, this has been suggested, just in a different way. Like Smasht said, they're implementing a diary/note system.