What lengths do you guys go to to keep your Hero status?

I avoid all Camo/gillie suits now in order to be seen in my hero suit. But it seems that people don't trust those of us who have it on. I came across two guys in cherno, And they where very hesitant around me (They had neither hero/bandit suit on) I felt it best to leave as they wouldn't come out so we could talk face to face.

And another time in cherno, I seen a bandit crossing a street, I dropped him with out a second thought (I've played nice for too long may times have I not shot someone and they've come back to kill me no questions asked) He said over Direct Chat "Don't shoot oh no don't shoot I won't kill you" I ignored it, And emptied an entire AKM clip into him after he fell to a broken leg. After his death I replied (Not sure if he even heard) "You have the bandit suit on, And I'm to trust you when people won't even trust the hero suit?"

My humanity was around the 20k mark at the time of this murder so I was able to maintain my hero status. I won't lie, I have shot people in cold blood but on only three occasions. Another kill I made was against a sniper who had a clan mate pinned at the lighthouse between cherno/elektro. The rest have been in proper PvP combat style of play at the NW airfield and surrounding areas.

I normally avoid PvP and wait for the day someone Robs me instead of blasting me to hell. I only kill in cold blood when I or a team mate needs something you have.

And due to my minimal killings I'm able to easily maintain my Hero status. Even tho I only having it from playing with clan members.

I have helped out randoms with blood/food/bandages/morphine on a few occasions. But my experience leads me to think they're always going to shoot me when they don't need me.

I rather enjoy the hero suit, And it's sad that others can't trust people in it. I know I know I just said I've killed before. But my kills are far and few compared to my deaths. And I've only committed one murder since gaining my hero status, which was a bandit and I don't consider that a murder personally.

So what Is peoples views on this suit? Do you trust those who have it to not shoot first? Or are you paranoid like 98% of all players that everyone is out to get you?

• Like 1

Oh really?

Did not know that. I'd have noticed if the debug window let the food/weater/blood meters work i'd still have it up lol. But it's so bugged for my character every time I turn it on to check, I have 0 of every kill and humanity....

Welcome to DayZ! Ha!

So To clarify if you kill someone in a Bandit suit, Even if they them selves currently have no murders on that life, It will still count as a bandit kill?

Fun fact: Bandit kills show up as bandit kills, not murders, and they give Humanity.

The more you know~

I have Five bandit kills, none of them gave humanity.

Bandit kills don't give humanity, they don't affect it at all. Murders cause you to lose about ~3000, bandit kills are neutral.

Unless something changed in the last update regarding humanity.

I don't do good deeds to get the suit, I just do them.

• Like 6

I don't do good deeds to get the suit, I just do them.

I'm the same, It just magically appeared one day, So I came here to investigate how it works.

But now I aim to try and keep it because I hope one day people will trust the suit a bit more, And then i can drop some paranoia about helping out randoms.

bandit kills dont give humanity, you dont get anything for killing bandits, that is why i shoot on bandits without negotiation.

hero suit is nice, but i respect those ppl. of course you can abuse hero status with your clan mates but if you are ready to spent one hour patching you friends to regain humanity which you lose when you murder someone it means you are not real bandit. But if more ppl start to abuse hero suit that thing will be ruined and all will shoot them allways.

If you are real bandit you will say afther few days "fuck humanity and hero suit" i am going back to bandit way becouse you are going to be bored to kill ppl which dont defend . I never shoot on hero's even if they start to shoot at me first, but i never gear up also so i trade my deaths to keep my humanity.

I lost my hero skin in a firefight at Electro firestation. I had an As50 with nato rounds and we had a group of bandits coming from the dam (Only 1 of them had a bandit skin). Once they were in my sight I waited for the first bullet to fire. Our guy goes out to talk to them and before he can say a word they shoot towards him. I popped each one of them one by one with that as50. I went from about 7000 humanity to -10k. Those nato rounds register as a crazy amount of -humanity.

I found the best way to get the hero skin is sit in electro hospital with nothing at all, not even a bag and just yell over direct "FREE BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS" I gave blood to bandits and regulars. Didn't really matter to me.

I miss it greatly, but now I just wear a ghillie to hide my bandit mask.

I've heard that once you get the hero skin, you can't lose it.

Not sure if there's any truth to this, but I've heard bandits saying that they try to get the hero skin so they can trick people into thinking they're friendly/

My most recent death was being KoS'd by a Hero while I was using camo clothing.

-MONSTER

Whilst we can't deny that some will use the hero suit to their advantage in anyway possible, I still hope one day, The hero suit can be a little glimmer of hope in a shoot first ask question later type world Chernarus has become.

Perhaps it should be harder to obtain? Seeing as your humanity levels link over to each character upping the required humanity for the suit would be a good way to ensure only those who wish to help can obtain it?

Bandit's I will shoot on sight, There is no if's and or buts. But if you have the standard civilian or a hero suit on, I will most likely still avoid you, But I also won't shoot you, Unless you start it.

I try to help people if I can but It often backfires, I once gave a guy at balota airstrip my winchester, as i had a m24 in my backpack. He proceeded to blast me down as I left :( Still that's my mistake in being too trusting with a complete stranger.

But theres been a few times, when i've been in chero or electro with nothing but meds on me (Blood bags, morphine, spare bandages and painkillers) and have wandered around with only an ax to defend my self and have helped and even saved some that have fallen to a broke leg or pinned in a one door way building by a horde.

I enjoy helping people, But at the same time, I'm highly paranoid about them shooting me.

• Like 1

I've heard that once you get the hero skin, you can't lose it.

Not sure if there's any truth to this, but I've heard bandits saying that they try to get the hero skin so they can trick people into thinking they're friendly/

Not true, A clan mate of mine lost his after murdering someone to get all their gear. It stayed on him during that game session, but after logging out and back in, It was gone.

My most recent death was being KoS'd by a Hero while I was using camo clothing.

-MONSTER

Maybe he was an excellent judge of character.

ha

• Like 1

I would be cautious, but trust them more than any other. I have only seen one person in a hero skin (other than myself, of course) though that one hero killed my buddy and me...

I want to meet a hero!

I have hero skin as well and I love it.

Some of my friends make jokes about it, that I am as a beacon in the woods, but I dont care.

I roam mostly down south where the bandits and people in danger are.

Up till recently I was not shooting unarmed bandits, but I think I will start to do it.

Was patching up one bandit in elektro market, he begged me for it and ofc he shot me in the head while I was mending his wounds.

Can't say I was 100% surprised, I just wanted to give that dude benefit of doubt and since he talked to me, I took the risc...and died.

Then again few dayz later one survivor axed me to death straight after I gave him blood transfusion so hard to tell whos ok and who is sociopathic killer.

Normal survivors (without towel head) I approach peacefully but cautiously. So I start talking to them but I try to hide partialy behind something or move left right to make it harder for them to headshot me.

What is the big problem are people in ghillies and camo clothes since it hides their bandit head.

Can somebody confirm that you still hear heartbeat if you aim via ironsight towards bandit with low humanity?

I really dont want to shoot at sight, even after playing like 4 months and dying so many times usually being shot to the back.

Oh and I think that hero skin should be harder to obtain and that humanity should NOT regenerate to 2500 on its own.

This makes obtaining hero skin too easy...

EDIT: Rocket should really fix that bug when you lose your backpack upon turning into hero, very annoying.

Edited by Hombre

DayZ needs more people like you, it needs more heroes. It's not fun if everyone shoots on sight. I don't do it unless the other player has some kickass gear that I want. I never kill newspawns but I tend to get stabbed in the back when I give someone a gun.

I have a hero suit, and I mostly play as a bandit, bit I do help those who are in need and kill those who don't need.

Edited by ExESGO

I don't have one. I have about 4900 humanity and help people when I see them, if they need it. When and if I get the humanity skin I will have earned every point through day to day play. Not one point from chasing the skin.

Disappointing to hear of so many people killing and healing each other repeatedly, who now wear the skin. What can you do? They introduce an idea and it gets abused sooner or later.

I have been wearing that awesome blue-striped shirt and the scarf ever since the hero skin got implemented. I am around 88k humanity right now, helping people on my runs. The problem with this skin is that it is way too easy to obtain. 5k is all you need. Imagine what would happen if you needed like 30-50k. The number of players with this skin would diminish but then only those who deserve the skin would wear it. Can't imagine a bandit to spend 200 transfusions just so he could obtain it. But I also think that it is way too easy to get the bandit skin. There is only black and white with those survivors as grey mass in between. That's why there is no meaning to the skins: A hero can be a bad guy and a bandit could as well be a good guy who acted in self-defense. You will never know who is going to shoot you depending on the skin - and no way to make it right. That is of course, unless you can turn all heroes of Chernarus into pacifists who die many times until even the dumbest player understands that he can trust those guys.

Fun fact: Bandit kills show up as bandit kills, not murders, and they give Humanity.

The more you know~

Because knowing is half the battle.

Warning: May contain hilariously adult humor.

Oh really?

Did not know that. I'd have noticed if the debug window let the food/weater/blood meters work i'd still have it up lol. But it's so bugged for my character every time I turn it on to check, I have 0 of every kill and humanity....

Welcome to DayZ! Ha!

So To clarify if you kill someone in a Bandit suit, Even if they them selves currently have no murders on that life, It will still count as a bandit kill?

Banditry is stuck to your CD Key, so if one person is a bandit in that life, They're a bandit until they can get their humanity back up. As for your Debug, If you wear a ghillie suit / Camo Clothes then re-log, You'll be able to see your murders/bandit kills and Humanity. The Hero skin is for some reason bugged, And counts as an applyable skin, Whereas the bandit skin doesn't, and if you take the ghillie/camo off, Your hero skin will still be there, if not, just Re-log. So long as your humanity is over 5000, You'll keep it.

Think about it: If everyone wanted the Hero Skin, the game would become boring again. The Hero Skin will only work in a world full of depraved assholes.

I have been wearing that awesome blue-striped shirt and the scarf ever since the hero skin got implemented. I am around 88k humanity right now, helping people on my runs. The problem with this skin is that it is way too easy to obtain. 5k is all you need. Imagine what would happen if you needed like 30-50k. The number of players with this skin would diminish but then only those who deserve the skin would wear it. Can't imagine a bandit to spend 200 transfusions just so he could obtain it. But I also think that it is way too easy to get the bandit skin. There is only black and white with those survivors as grey mass in between. That's why there is no meaning to the skins: A hero can be a bad guy and a bandit could as well be a good guy who acted in self-defense. You will never know who is going to shoot you depending on the skin - and no way to make it right. That is of course, unless you can turn all heroes of Chernarus into pacifists who die many times until even the dumbest player understands that he can trust those guys.

Most of the "true" bandits are over -300k humanity and couldn't be arsed to do that.

Most of the "true" bandits are over -300k humanity and couldn't be arsed to do that.

Most of the "true" bandits don't need to fool people. They just kill them. The ones who want to trick others are either wolves in disguise or they have a willing sheep. They have twisted players trust towards strangers. I don't have anything against "true" bandits, the world needs antagonists and DayZ would be boring without them. I can live with people who look straight into my eyes before killing me (pun intended). It's those people who pretend to be nice and try to kill you later who are just as low as people who disconnect in a battle. But that is just my view on things.

• Like 1