KField86

The AS50 TWS needs to be DB wiped or not able to be saved to hive.

I simply don't understand why this hasn't been done yet. The M107-TWS was originally in the game at some point, but taken out and then DB wiped so that even hackers can't spawn it in. The AS50 TWS is a gamebreaking gun in every way shape and form. I've used it myself after killing the person who had previously killed me with it. I killed one person with it from 1000m away through trees laying down on top of dobryy mountain. Effortlessly. I felt so guilty and appalled that I hid the gun on a zombie right then and there. Every day on my server, I see people logging in on my RPT log with [bAF_AS50_TWS]. Dozens of people, and there's nothing I can do about it fully knowing these people are going to completely decimate elektro and cherno and make them no-mans lands. The gun is bullshit. Like I said, the fact I was able to make a 1000m shot, THROUGH FOG, and TREES, just because I had a .50 cal with a thermal..

Like I'm sorry, I know this has been said a thousand times, but the next patch or one shortly after should really make it so this gun will not save to the hive, and will delete once you leave the server you found it on. There's too many of them around. I had my instance ID changed by Vilayer simply because of the duped tents everywhere that had loads of AS50s in there. Yet that doesn't stop people from bringing them in.

All I can do is warn a player in an RCON personal message saying "You're using an illegal weapon, you've been warned that you need to drop it, or be kicked until you do so." but in the end, I can't kick them for fear they'll come cry to the forums because "ROCKET SAID..." and I'm sick of it. It's disgusting.

/rant off.

yes me mad bro.

• Like 22

I agree but I think the more important things should be concentrated on first.

Such as vehicle/tent saving, loot saving in those vehicles. Soon as servers restart the 6 hours you put in to getting a helicopter up by yourself is gone in a flash.

I could careless about AS50 Thermals, hell I think they should be put in at a very low spawn percentage. That gun is awesome and fun as hell to use. People still have to aim and shoot with it. With most players on DayZ accuracy isnt common haha.

Definitely work on the major bugs first. I definitely wont be putting much time or effort into this game until I am able to roll down the dangerous streets of Cherno in my bus with all my gear without losing it to a server restart. Should be losing it to a bandit. But for now I think Ill go back to my console game until the next update. Ive put way to much time into these servers to keep losing stuff. If I do play Ill be the douche bag sniping people from rooftops and forests not even to loot your body or steal your gear. Just for the simple pleasure of killing noobs that are actually trying to put cars together.

• Like 6

I agree but I think the more important things should be concentrated on first.

Such as vehicle/tent saving, loot saving in those vehicles. Soon as servers restart the 6 hours you put in to getting a helicopter up by yourself is gone in a flash.

I could careless about AS50 Thermals, hell I think they should be put in at a very low spawn percentage. That gun is awesome and fun as hell to use. People still have to aim and shoot with it. With most players on DayZ accuracy isnt common haha.

Definitely work on the major bugs first. I definitely wont be putting much time or effort into this game until I am able to roll down the dangerous streets of Cherno in my bus with all my gear without losing it to a server restart. Should be losing it to a bandit. But for now I think Ill go back to my console game until the next update. Ive put way to much time into these servers to keep losing stuff. If I do play Ill be the douche bag sniping people from rooftops and forests not even to loot your body or steal your gear. Just for the simple pleasure of killing noobs that are actually trying to put cars together.

+1

I agree that the major tent saving bugs should be fixed, but who knows if that will come before standalone at the rate things are going. The fact is though, the .50 cal thermal simply has no place in this game. It is far too good, with virtually no cons that come with it. The ability to shoot through fog alone is extremely powerful and unwarranted in a game like this, but that's my opinion and as well all know, everyone has a different one. There is a reason it's not in the game traditionally, and that's probably because rocket felt the same way I do. I'm plenty happy with my regular AS50, and I think .50 cals should be in the game for sure(but as rare as they were before the duping, obviously) but a 50 with a thermal scope? No. The fact you can shoot through fog at a target you couldn't normally see, is the main issue I have with it. At least with the L85, it's not that accurate and is pretty weak at any distance past 300m.

And "blablabla me and my admins and clan mates will keep our as50 tws" I hope that wasn't directed at me. I've even told my guys I'll kick em for blatantly exploiting hacked equipment because in my eyes it takes away from the spirit of the game. Not that I would need to actually do that because they all share the same opinion as me. We play legit, and we kill players who play illegitimately like it's our job, and we have fun doing it. I can't tell you how many AS50 thermals we hide on bodies daily just to stop the circulation of this noob cannon. You can go ahead and use it, but I make it a point that my message of the day on my server states "If you are caught holding an illegal weapon, you will be warned to drop it. If you do not comply, you will be susceptible to receive a 24hr ban." Then if I see anyone holding it in the RPT log after they've obviously seen the MOTD, I warn them again in RCON. They usually then just leave the server so they don't have to drop the weapon, which is a win win for me, because then I don't have to issue a 24hr ban, or kick them and have them complain on the forums. I don't immediately kick/ban for using hacked weapons, and the AS50 TWS is really the only one I single out. For an example, I don't care much about people using G36Cs simply because it has no advantage over an M4A1 CCO SD. Same damage. Same range. Different optics but same accuracy. The TWS is just in a whole 'nother league however.

Edited by KField86

I currently am kitted out with the following :

(All the tools, for simplicity sake)

G36C SD CAMO (9 mags, but it uses STANAG SD, so no worries)

AS50 TWS

PDW SD (5 Mags, but uses 9mm SD mags)

Soldier skin in the tent, currently in Ghillie but i'm also Hero skin.

I used to hate hacked weapons and I used to be a supporter that this shit should be banned off a server but then I said, why? Hackers will bring this stuff in constantly and it will never be taken out of Arma 2 because it's a weapon in the main database. What people fail to realize is that THIS IS A MOD OF ARMA 2. WHICH MEANS THE WEAPON DATABASE IS AVAILABLE IN THIS GAME REGARDLESS OF IT BEING DAYZ. Arma is a heavily modable(sp) game and thus allows this stuff to be brought in. No I want you to note, I do not advocate hacking or scripting rather in this game nor do I support these weapons being given out, but I will use it. Just like I use everything else I come across I am gonna use these rifles until I die. Then when I die (not if, when) I will go back to the coast and grab some randoms shit and start all over, it's the way of the game.

I don't care if the weapon comes into the game, they don't make you a god because unless the person is hacking then they can be killed. What bothers me are the people who say 'Oh you use a hacked in weapon, you're just as bad as a hacker!' because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm not as bad as a hacker because the hacker scripted these items into the game, I just blew the back of his head off and looted the item just like I would anyone else I saw with a bandit skin. The big difference between me and a hacker for having these weapons is I didn't cheat to get them.

Now if you want to play the pot meet kettle game let's talk about how most of the people in this thread have had their ammo reload on them while logging in and out. Accidental duplication of gear, backpacks when switching skins and all the other easy to recreate bugs that are in this game, are bugs and exploits. We all do them, we're almost all guilty of it, so thus does this make us all cheaters? Taking stuff out of tents now that 2.5 doesn't save tents vehicles? Getting off bikes to completely repair them and getting back in?

Yeah, we all cheat in one form or another.

I simply don't understand why this hasn't been done yet. The M107-TWS was originally in the game at some point, but taken out and then DB wiped so that even hackers can't spawn it in. The AS50 TWS is a gamebreaking gun in every way shape and form. I've used it myself after killing the person who had previously killed me with it. I killed one person with it from 1000m away through trees laying down on top of dobryy mountain. Effortlessly. I felt so guilty and appalled that I hid the gun on a zombie right then and there. Every day on my server, I see people logging in on my RPT log with [bAF_AS50_TWS]. Dozens of people, and there's nothing I can do about it fully knowing these people are going to completely decimate elektro and cherno and make them no-mans lands. The gun is bullshit. Like I said, the fact I was able to make a 1000m shot, THROUGH FOG, and TREES, just because I had a .50 cal with a thermal..

Like I'm sorry, I know this has been said a thousand times, but the next patch or one shortly after should really make it so this gun will not save to the hive, and will delete once you leave the server you found it on. There's too many of them around. I had my instance ID changed by Vilayer simply because of the duped tents everywhere that had loads of AS50s in there. Yet that doesn't stop people from bringing them in.

All I can do is warn a player in an RCON personal message saying "You're using an illegal weapon, you've been warned that you need to drop it, or be kicked until you do so." but in the end, I can't kick them for fear they'll come cry to the forums because "ROCKET SAID..." and I'm sick of it. It's disgusting.

/rant off.

yes me mad bro.

Just warn as you are doing then ban them if they dont heed the warning. The worst that can happen is you get blacklisted and need to rent another server(which is very unlikely seen as lots and lots of admins are already banning for this) and in the meantime you have no thermal snipers of death on your server.

I currently am kitted out with the following :

(All the tools, for simplicity sake)

G36C SD CAMO (9 mags, but it uses STANAG SD, so no worries)

AS50 TWS

PDW SD (5 Mags, but uses 9mm SD mags)

Soldier skin in the tent, currently in Ghillie but i'm also Hero skin.

I used to hate hacked weapons and I used to be a supporter that this shit should be banned off a server but then I said, why? Hackers will bring this stuff in constantly and it will never be taken out of Arma 2 because it's a weapon in the main database. What people fail to realize is that THIS IS A MOD OF ARMA 2. WHICH MEANS THE WEAPON DATABASE IS AVAILABLE IN THIS GAME REGARDLESS OF IT BEING DAYZ. Arma is a heavily modable(sp) game and thus allows this stuff to be brought in. No I want you to note, I do not advocate hacking or scripting rather in this game nor do I support these weapons being given out, but I will use it. Just like I use everything else I come across I am gonna use these rifles until I die. Then when I die (not if, when) I will go back to the coast and grab some randoms shit and start all over, it's the way of the game.

I don't care if the weapon comes into the game, they don't make you a god because unless the person is hacking then they can be killed. What bothers me are the people who say 'Oh you use a hacked in weapon, you're just as bad as a hacker!' because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm not as bad as a hacker because the hacker scripted these items into the game, I just blew the back of his head off and looted the item just like I would anyone else I saw with a bandit skin. The big difference between me and a hacker for having these weapons is I didn't cheat to get them.

Now if you want to play the pot meet kettle game let's talk about how most of the people in this thread have had their ammo reload on them while logging in and out. Accidental duplication of gear, backpacks when switching skins and all the other easy to recreate bugs that are in this game, are bugs and exploits. We all do them, we're almost all guilty of it, so thus does this make us all cheaters? Taking stuff out of tents now that 2.5 doesn't save tents vehicles? Getting off bikes to completely repair them and getting back in?

Yeah, we all cheat in one form or another.

The M107 TWS is a gun in ARMA 2, obviously... yet it was removed from the DayZ database to the point where you will not see it in even the biggest hacker ammo crates. It will not script into DayZ. At least to my knowledge, and I've NEVER seen a hacker crate with one in it, and I've seen plenty of fucking hacker crates. So, your whole argument just flew out the window, as well as my post flew over your head. Cheers.

And come on with that grasping at straws argument about "We're all cheaters". You're comparing bugs that are UNAVOIDABLE UNLESS YOU DONT PLAY THE GAME, to blatantly used hacked in weaponry(Like I said, I don't give a shit about guns like the G36. I give a shit about guns that are capable of instant killing anyone within 1600 meters, and through fucking FOG, which normally would prevent you from even seeing a fucking CITY. Let alone a player. Everyone whose fucking used it knows it's like having the hand of god at your fingertips. Deny it and you're a liar. If you have an AS50 TWS, you know that you can waltz into elektro and nail the 5 snipers camping there hidden in ghillie suits without putting forth any effort. Goto a ridge 1000 meters away, overlooking dobryy(there's a lot), and fire away at your hearts content. They can't see you because of their draw distance being reduced by fog, yet you can see them. It's akin to having a no fog hack ffs. The bottom line is this gun was in the game, and taken out by the developer because he felt it was too powerful for the nature of this game and did not fit in with his vision of dayZ, thus it was taken out. Yet people try and defend a reason to use it. Hey, like I said.. if you want to use it fine, but you won't use it on my server and I don't give a shit if anyone wants to report me for that. I won't have to kick you anyway because people like you would just leave the server instead of having to drop their precious hacked gun. No rules against warning people.

Also, now that we're seeing major server providers offering private hive servers (Vilayer is offering lingor/chernarus private hive) you can bet your ass the rules are starting to bend. Rockets stance for a long time was a big "Fuck you" to private hives, but now he's allowed it. Pretty soon we'll be granted more authority over our servers, and that's when I'll just ban every single person I see with an illegitimate weapon if they don't leave the server and take it with them when I warn them privately in rcon first. Enough said.

I swear to christ, it's like I'm one of the only people who really cherish the way this game was meant to be played. Legitimately. No duping. No ammo swapping(.45/DMR, etc). No logging for ammo. No infinite consumable glitches. No HACKED ITEMS. We're a dying breed. The rest defend this shit because they know it makes the game easier for them. Pity. I miss the days of old, when games were competitive and the people who played them shunned every single person who glitched/exploited or straight out hacked. Now we're seeing more and more people encouraging hackers to spawn them in shit with the excuse... "Well I deserve it since I die from hackers all the time, cut me some slack." We all fucking die from hackers. /done

Edited by KField86
  • Like 5

Hacks/hacked guns/hacked loot its all just handicaps for the noobs that use them. You ever see a hacker unable to use his hacks because of an update? They are SO terrible at the game.

If ArmA2 hacking was a sport it would finally be something hackers could win at without trying to cheat through it.

Continue your hacking. Go for it but ill tell you what. We both know who the better player is. Sure as hell isnt the one that needed all the handicaps to get around in the game or handicaps to get kills.

Your talking out your ass , the TWS is not god mode, or over powered I have no idea why they took it out, before finding one myself (taken from a player) My setup was and still is CCO SD, AS50 and an L85, I would spot with the L85, Zero into the players position, take a mental note opf what ever bush or tree hes behind, switch to the basic AS50 and then blow the shit out of him, My miss count was higher but only because once I switched guns I was essentially shooting at something I could no longer see, but I still knew where he was.

Now with the AS50 TWS, the only change my whole game play style is that I no longer need to fill my bag with the L85, and I can AIM and Fire without having to change guns , so im shaving a whole 4 seconds off my Spot, Aim, Fire rotation.

SO NO!, Sorry but calling it over powered or a bad gun is simply bullshit, its all down to the player, its a gun, and requires skill to use, even making a 1000 meter shot on a still target can be hard, a moving target requires buckets of skill, put that TWS in the hands of a noob and they might get a few extra kills on targets they might have not noticed before, but no more kills than they would have gotten with the L85 in their hands.

So i'm with that guy, if I shoot some one and take it from them, I am damn well gona use it.

Tandwan/Taiphoz = Cheaters. Can't play the game legit, so they devolve to getting advantages over the others players to succeed.

KField86 = Awesome post.

• Like 1

AADiC = Little Punk ass , I love cry baby's like this guy 4 guys join my server the other day.. Me and 4 of my clan mates took out 3 of the 4 then the last guy tped on one of my members killed him and we banned the guy that tped on my one member all 3 had the As50 TWS just because they hacked the gun in don't mean they can use it Now we have 10 Tws

Edited by Wells73
  • Like 1

I agree with OP. here, Admins shouldnt hand out auto kicks for players with them, as it is concevable that some of the 1.2 million players of the game dont read the full list of all weapons, or the forums to find out that the AS50 TWS is a weapon people are not supposed to have.

However I think the OP suggestion is excellent. If hackers insist on spawning these guns, then at least ensure they dont save to hive. That would mean they couldnt be passed on to others, and they would have to be created each time a hacker played, further increasing their chances of attracting Battleyes (slow) attention

Until the AS50 TWS and the other weapon are a weapon that is part of the DayZ weapons list. I will kick and ban whoever I catch using them. That is completely fair. If players cannot educate themselves on the lists of weapons in the DayZ mod, thats not my problem. On another note, most servers specifically state in the MOTD not to use or to bury it. If you still choose to pick it up and use it... again not our problem.

But I do agree. The AS50 TWS is very fun to use the gun itself is not overpowered. The scope in this game however is, the TWS scope on a weapon does not have that kind of visibility range. The scope on that gun in this game you can see for over a mile without any loss of heat signatures. Thermal on an aircraft are suppose to see at distances that great because they are able to push so much more power into their components, a battery powered scope however should be much more limited and if it was pushing full power to the thermal, the battery life would drain within the hour.

Speaking of batteries, I think those should be added in to the loot and required for NVGs and thermals. That way, ya fine you have a team of guys with NVGs and thermals while your opponents have their road flares. you better execute your plans quickly because the longer you stay with your thermals up and nvgs on your batteries are just dying away so might want to only use them when necessary just like you would in a real situation.

Or maybe even include an item in your gear called a recharger and over time it slowly recharges your battery powered items as long as its in your inventory. That way at least some of the time other players can stand a chance at looting.

Please regular wipes of hacked weapons and respawn for characters carrying them.

AADiC = Little Punk ass , I love cry baby's like this guy 4 guys join my server the other day.. Me and 4 of my clan mates took out 3 of the 4 then the last guy tped on one of my members killed him and we banned the guy that tped on my one member all 3 had the As50 TWS just because they hacked the gun in don't mean they can use it Now we have 10 Tws

Ohhh you called me a name, should I be mad now, or maybe scared?

Not being able to comprehend the fact that using something that is not allowed in the game is cheating says loads about you.

Don't bother replying, ignored.

The issue doesn't lie in the weapons, but the ability to script the weapons in.

Wiping the AS50 TWS won't fix the issue of cheating unfortunately.

In fact at the moment, it is doing more good left in the game! It allows you to more easily find a script kiddie.

It should be removed for balance, not to discourage scripting.

Ohhh you called me a name, should I be mad now, or maybe scared?

Not being able to comprehend the fact that using something that is not allowed in the game is cheating says loads about you.

Don't bother replying, ignored.

Awww Little guy sad Awwww

Edited by Wells73

Until the AS50 TWS and the other weapon are a weapon that is part of the DayZ weapons list. I will kick and ban whoever I catch using them. That is completely fair. If players cannot educate themselves on the lists of weapons in the DayZ mod, thats not my problem. On another note, most servers specifically state in the MOTD not to use or to bury it. If you still choose to pick it up and use it... again not our problem.

But I do agree. The AS50 TWS is very fun to use the gun itself is not overpowered. The scope in this game however is, the TWS scope on a weapon does not have that kind of visibility range. The scope on that gun in this game you can see for over a mile without any loss of heat signatures. Thermal on an aircraft are suppose to see at distances that great because they are able to push so much more power into their components, a battery powered scope however should be much more limited and if it was pushing full power to the thermal, the battery life would drain within the hour.

Speaking of batteries, I think those should be added in to the loot and required for NVGs and thermals. That way, ya fine you have a team of guys with NVGs and thermals while your opponents have their road flares. you better execute your plans quickly because the longer you stay with your thermals up and nvgs on your batteries are just dying away so might want to only use them when necessary just like you would in a real situation.

Or maybe even include an item in your gear called a recharger and over time it slowly recharges your battery powered items as long as its in your inventory. That way at least some of the time other players can stand a chance at looting.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules/

• Like 1

Awww Little guy sad Awwww

Decided that watching you make a fool of yourself defending hackers/exploiters/cheaters is worth reading the idiocy you post.

Oh, and what did I say that gave you the idea I am sad, I'm happy, your BS makes me laugh.

Edited by AADiC