wordplayuk@gmail.com

Ways To Gain Negative Humanity

At the moment the only way I'm aware of is murdering a survivor.

I'm a bandit but not an indiscriminate psychopath, by that I mean I don't just murder anything that moves (that's not the definition of bandit), but I'm gonna have the best gear in a 'legit' way and if that means killing well equipped players or raiding camps then I'm on it.

At the moment gaining humanity is pretty easy, even as a bandit you are going to give other bandits transfusions and humanity goes up by itself quite quickly.

This means to stay a bandit (keep from 'yoyo morphing') you have to kill often, which is psycho behavior, not criminal.

I'm an outlaw like Salvatore Giuliano, not Dexter the monster.

--

So do you have any suggestions for more ways to gain negative humanity?

I understand the majority of ideas will be beyond the scope of the mod currently, but may with the stand alone become possible.

Here's a few to start with.

Theft - This could range from 'pick pocketing' to tent raids. Not so easy to implement yet but definitely seems plausible in the future.

Vandalism - Destroying vehicles, buildings, camps.

Shooting someone - Harming someone lowers your humanity, if you've ever had to shoot or stab someone it doesn't matter how noble your reason, you know it lowered your humanity ("The quality or condition of being human; human nature.") for a while.

Would also account for when you 'train' someone, shoot them in the leg and leave them to be eaten, and other acts of leg breaking trollery.

Lack of interaction - With the the addition of dogs it would be interesting to consider the possibility of needing companionship, can you stay a compassionate human being by just totally avoiding any and everything, or would that actually grind away at your humanity rather than nurture it.

Could be you need to be around other players or at least have a dog so as not to lose your humanity rather than gain it (just throwing suggestions out there).

• Like 1

Maybe you could get negative humanity for mistaking your and you're. :)

Great idea could help with the constant spawn killing of people you have my beans

Maybe you could get negative humanity for mistaking your and you're. :)

It's 4.46am here man, I've read over it again and I can't even see the mistake you're referring to (but I can believe it's there).

Edit: ...in my damn sig

Great idea could help with the constant spawn killing of people you have my beans

Cheers. Yeah I think so.

Edited by Criminal

It's in your sig, guy.

• Like 1

Yeah I clicked a moment after I posted that, you're very observant.

It comes from getting shot in the back a lot.