mrhappy (DayZ)

Private hive section in forum

I'd like to see a "Private Hive" section added to Dayz (server sub-forum).

I think it would be useful for people currently looking for private hives (like myself) to avoid hackers. Judging by comments at (12:30):

it seems that hosting private servers is not against the devs wishes. I believe a separate sub-forum would be an appropriate way for people to advertise / search for private servers, Currently they are spread about on the off-topic making it harder to locate. I would suggest that there should be a guidelines in sticky post which would state that new server posts contain all of:

1) Server (Country) Location

2) Mod/ArmaII Version info

3) Server options (3rd person etc)

4) Contact member (person to pm)

5) If the server is locked.

6) Differences from the main version of the mod (if any)

I believe this would allow people to experiment more easily and see what options are available on private hives, simply because all of these options would be in one area of the forum.

Sorry to post this in the Dayz suggestions, but I could not find a 'forum suggestions' section.

Edited by mrhappy
  • Like 2

Well now that HFB are supposedly supporting private I think this is a good idea.

when i watched interview and hear that private will be added, my first though was "lol so slow"...

anyway, since private hive already implemented, by third party but still, section for them would be quite nice.

sadly, but private hive server isnt protected from scripters, but it allows admins to use scripts to locate spawned stuff and ban hackers, without risk of being banned by BE or something. also admin can spawn stuff for event`s :)

Edited by Frozen

I will suggest this to The Men Upstairs, see if it is possible.

But for the time being, I'll create &sticky a 'looking-for-private-server' thread in off-topic.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: There, done: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/82374-have-a-private-serverlooking-for-private-server-in-here/

Edited by Max Planck

Nice. I was under the impression he was actually against private hive and Lingor servers. It'd be cool if he brought singleplayer back now, that was fun. :D

Very awkward interview in places though, lol.

Thanks for the support!

...sadly, but private hive server is protected from scripters, but it allows admins to use scripts to locate spawned stuff and ban hackers, without risk of being banned by BE or something. also admin can spawn stuff for event`s :)

But if people suspect this they could post about that on the forum in the topic of that hive. That way if people are abusing their admin rights one could at least warn others on the topic (and the admins can of course respond!)...I'm not saying it is perfect, but I think it would be easier to have some sort of consolidated list people could refer to. At the moment it is both difficult to match private hives with players, and also to look for possible private hive abuse by admins.

But if people suspect this they could post about that on the forum in the topic of that hive. That way if people are abusing their admin rights one could at least warn others on the topic (and the admins can of course respond!)...I'm not saying it is perfect, but I think it would be easier to have some sort of consolidated list people could refer to. At the moment it is both difficult to match private hives with players, and also to look for possible private hive abuse by admins.

well you cant judge hosts of private hive servers for abuse, because its their server, so they can do whatever they want, but the only thing you can do is draw people from the server. but if admin aint stupid he wouldnt completely break experience of players.

well you cant judge hosts of private hive servers for abuse, because its their server, so they can do whatever they want, but the only thing you can do is draw people from the server. but if admin aint stupid he wouldnt completely break experience of players.

Abusive admins only hurt themselves - whats the use of a server with no players...?

Anyone know how to host a server that isn't on the hive at all? Me and my friend just wanna play without the constant barrade of hackers, and bandits fueled by hackers. :(

[Off-topic by a large margin.]

Edited by Max Planck
Google can help you