Sign in to follow this  
xV W00DY Vx

Hiding tents

Basically, why is it that so many people hide tents in locations that they think will be super secret and no-one will ever go? Yeah, because no-one has EVER thought of hiding a tent on the edge of the map before. I must have found at least 20 tents on my regular server in a few days and have noted them all down so I can raid them often xD. My point is, hide your tents better people! You might want to stop 'hiding' them around the edge of the map as they are quite easy to find and it's so predictable.

Tents are presently dupe factories and therefore useless to anyone looking to play this game legitimately. Seriously though there is a finite amount of space on the map where a tent could be placed. A player can eventually cover every square kilometer of this map in an effort to locate tents. There is no such thing as a good hiding place, just an acceptable temporary stash until the next acceptable temporary stash.

• Like 1

There is nowhere safe to hide tents or vehicles in this game. They are both too easy to spot through the trees, tents stick out something awful because of the shape and vehicles because the glass makes them stand out.

The game needs denser thicker forests with more bushes and smaller trees placed in between the bigger trees to make it easier to hide things. As it is you can stand on one side of a forest and scan right through it unless the gradient of the ground prevents you seeing something.

Some sort of effective camo netting would be a nice addition

Edited by Longs
  • Like 2

There is nowhere safe to hide tents or vehicles in this game. They are both too easy to spot through the trees, tents stick out something awful because of the shape and vehicles because the glass makes them stand out.

The game needs denser thicker forests with more bushes and smaller trees placed in between the bigger trees to make it easier to hide things. As it is you can stand on one side of a forest and scan right through it unless the gradient of the ground prevents you seeing something.

Some sort of effective camo netting would be a nice addition

Or the render distance could be extended, but I don't think the arma 2 engine could handle it.

Tents are presently dupe factories and therefore useless to anyone looking to play this game legitimately. Seriously though there is a finite amount of space on the map where a tent could be placed. A player can eventually cover every square kilometer of this map in an effort to locate tents. There is no such thing as a good hiding place, just an acceptable temporary stash until the next acceptable temporary stash.

What I tend to do when I find tents is save them after I loot them, so the Hive doesn't dupe it accidently or on purpose and so the owners actually know they have been looted.

Edited by xV W00DY Vx

There is no good place to hide a tent. That's why they should only be used as a temporary storage space until you can fix up a vehicle.

On a side note, tents seriously need to autosave their contents. I survived an ambush from two bandits and they had exactly the same stuff. AS50's, M9 SD's, M4A3 SD's, GPS, rangefinders etc. That was evidence enough players dupe their entire inventory.

I'm not saying there is a good place to hide a tent, I'm just saying people should at least try to hide them in better locations than in obvious locations

Tents are presently dupe factories and therefore useless to anyone looking to play this game legitimately.

Playing a bugged Alpha legitimately - you serious?

We can talk about a legitimate style of playing when tents and vehicles work, you're not spawning on the beach again for no reason, or spawn in the debug forrest losing all your gear, break your bones by crawling into a bush/walk on plain field, ...

Until then it's just whatever suits your fun (except hacked player killing and hacking in stuff that's not supposed to be in the game).

There is no good place to hide a tent. That's why they should only be used as a temporary storage space until you can fix up a vehicle.

On a side note, tents seriously need to autosave their contents. I survived an ambush from two bandits and they had exactly the same stuff. AS50's, M9 SD's, M4A3 SD's, GPS, rangefinders etc. That was evidence enough players dupe their entire inventory.

If it were M4A3 SD's they were hacked. But I guess you meant M4A1 SD's.

BTT:

Let's just say there are definitely "decent" spots to hide tents. Not saying they won't ever be found, but chances are relatively slim. Just don't take the most obvious spots.

I've had a camp on a decently populated server for well over a month with multiple vehicles and tents and it's yet to be found. It's still possible that my camp can be found but it is extremely unlikely. Also as a proud owner of a helicopter no one besides us has a camp that is mostly safe on the server we play on. It doesn't take a long time to cover vast distances and tents and vehicles stick out like sore thumbs from 200ft up.

I ran around with a bike and an m911 last night with a buddy, we found an m10 shotgun thingy and I got an as50 <3 bad hiding places.

If it were M4A3 SD's they were hacked. But I guess you meant M4A1 SD's.

Meh, minor details There wasn't any real need to correct me.

I found 4 tents as a fresh spawn at Pit Kozlovo right on the ATV spawn. Set myself up with 3 sets of NVGs, 2 Range finders a M4A1 SD, and some medical supplies. I've never understood how people can place tents in such terrible spots like in a city, sniper hill or Vehicle Spawns.

Some tents are meant to lure in hungry treasure finders and their spots are supposed to be somewhat obvious. Other than that, I have found a few very good locations for tents but it is only a matter of dumb luck or time before they are discovered. One thing that helps keep tents secret are sniping guards. An as50 can be a camps best friend

My favorite camp defense to date was finding that vs50 being driven in the area (either to raid or setup his own movable camp) man did he have a windfall of stuff. Just a piece of advice, if someone yells friend or foe, and you don't respond but try to run in your gillie suit... You are gonna get ganked

Edited by NewYawk

I found a tent in the middle of cherno.

4 mountain dews.

Say goodbye to dignity.

Ive never found a mountain dew D:

Or the render distance could be extended, but I don't think the arma 2 engine could handle it.

You bought arma for dayz, and haven't even played it? I have 10km draw distance in arma, and i have better fps than i have in dayz. You would think that flying helo with 10km draw distance would affect to your fps, but it really doesn't. Dayz just makes arma engine look worst than it is.

To op, there really isn't any good spot for camps as for now.

You bought arma for dayz, and haven't even played it? I have 10km draw distance in arma, and i have better fps than i have in dayz. You would think that flying helo with 10km draw distance would affect to your fps, but it really doesn't. Dayz just makes arma engine look worst than it is.

When did I say I never played Arma 2? I did have a go on Arma 2 for a while, however I disliked it personally so therefore I don't play it that often. I may go on it occasionally but only when I have literally nothing else to do. I'm sorry if I somehow offended you with me not knowing how the arma 2 engine handles without the DayZ mod.

By the way, please read what I have typed earlier about there being 'no good spots for tents' before posting about it.

I'm not saying there is a good place to hide a tent, I'm just saying people should at least try to hide them in better locations than in obvious locations

I've seen people post multiple times on the forums that there is no way anyone could possibly find their tents/vehciles as they are on the edge of the map far away from any towns :) They will learn one day.

• Like 1