Jim Bean

Not shooting an unarmed survivor...

...should reward you with points towards becoming a hero.

I came across a survivor in a barn last night not long after spawning. I had an AK and just as I ran out of the barn he was running in. He stood there. Frozen. Ripe with fear. Probably cursing the screen and uber raging over what was surely the only feasible outcome of the situation. His demise.

I salute, shoot the 2 zombies chasing him and then run off into the wilderness.

I felt like a hero, yet I was not rewarded.

In all seriousness; anybody hoping to become a bandit would have shot him just to get the negative points. So why should I not be rewarded on my path to being a hero by not acting the way a want to be bandit would?

How would you like the game to track actions like this?

• Like 2

Actions like that are very hard for a game to track. Especially if you're in a party, it will screw up the tracking. If i just shoot a couple zombies to save my friend should i get a huge amount of hero points just because i'm basically teaming up with him to kill other people?

Edited by SkillNotRequired

I know it would be hard to execute. I just needed people to know that I'm a hero.

So not pulling the trigger makes me a hero?

There is not only Bandit - Hero.

I mean, when I wake up and decide not to kill my neighbor when I see him,

that doesnt make me a hero.

Makes me a normal person.

• Like 2

Find some bloodbags(they give 200 humanity)few times heal your friend as long as you have reach 5000 point of humanity then you get hero fancy clothes:)

So not pulling the trigger makes me a hero?

There is not only Bandit - Hero.

I mean, when I wake up and decide not to kill my neighbor when I see him,

that doesnt make me a hero.

Makes me a normal person.

Shooting your neighbour wouldn't make you a bandit and reward you with some fancy attire so referring to real life situations is pretty pointless.

Find some bloodbags(they give 200 humanity)few times heal your friend as long as you have reach 5000 point of humanity then you get hero fancy clothes:)

It shouldn't just come down to healing friends is what I'm getting at. What about people who don't play with others? Even if you are carrying a blood bag when you come across a stranger, the odds that you'll get the chance to apply it are very slim.

rocket mentioned an out-of-game or in game leaderboard stats BF3 battlelog type deal. If you can somehow identify yourself to players in game - that player who was the beneficiary of a good Samaritan could go on the player stats page and beans up the guy who did not shoot him. Especially if it only took a few clicks. It would be nice if when you get near a player you can see some kind of subtle rating for them. As if they had a little st Christopher cross around their neck in real life- you would not see it far away but up close it might give you an indicator the guy is good or some nasty tattoo or murderous eyes monobrow or something might tell you he's bad. We need that dynamic in the game. You can just tell in real life for some people if they are good or bad. Others it is a lot more ambiguous for...

• Like 1

rocket mentioned an out-of-game or in game leaderboard stats BF3 battlelog type deal. If you can somehow identify yourself to players in game - that player who was the beneficiary of a good Samaritan could go on the player stats page and beans up the guy who did not shoot him. Especially if it only took a few clicks. It would be nice if when you get near a player you can see some kind of subtle rating for them. As if they had a little st Christopher cross around their neck in real life- you would not see it far away but up close it might give you an indicator the guy is good or some nasty tattoo or murderous eyes monobrow or something might tell you he's bad. We need that dynamic in the game. You can just tell in real life for some people if they are good or bad. Others it is a lot more ambiguous for...

This. I didn't have a blood bag when I ran into the guy but if I did have I wouldn't have gotten the chance to apply it to him anyway. Every time I moved he ran off in the opposite direction a few feet fearing for his life. There should definitely be a visual marker on people to let other's know what kind of person they are. Obviously when you get to hero/bandit stage then people would know because of the clothing, but before then there's nothing to help us determine whether that stranger wants to apply a blood bag or slash us to death with his hatchet.

I would think that a 'hero' skin would take some of the nice and dark atmosphere out of the game.... If you don't know a person you should always be scared :) This is what makes up the stories. However as rocket mentioned he wanted to do more with clothing... So it could be that some friendly clans make some kind of uniform. But then there is always teh chance someone uses it as a disguise :)

The hero-bandit thing is stupid. Adding skins to show what kind of player you are, doesn´t fit well with "realistic survival". In a real scenario you would have no chance to know what kind of person you are seeing up ahead. Adding a visual confirmation doesn´t feel well with the tone the game sets up. And it wont stop people killing each other, if anything it will make it easier for the ones who are setup. Kill a dude, then go on a zombie murdering rampage, and get your humanity back up. And those heros are going to be gunned down so quickly, by people who dont trust anyone.

Every hero need partner:)if you are alone is difficult:(...track actions like this?easy..if you are approximately 20 metres around someone..and shoot zombies then you gave 10 or 20 points of humanity for every zombie you killed like you saved your friend:)..a think this isnt hard to do:)if you can hear or read messages around 40 metres..why dont this hm?;)

I came across a survivor in a barn last night not long after spawning. I had an AK and just as I ran out of the barn he was running in. He stood there. Frozen. Ripe with fear. Probably cursing the screen and uber raging over what was surely the only feasible outcome of the situation. His demise.

In all seriousness; anybody hoping to become a bandit would have shot him just to get the negative points. So why should I not be rewarded on my path to being a hero by not acting the way a want to be bandit would?

Done this MANY times. myself.

You felt like a hero? Yet you where not rewarded?

Seems to me like you just described someone who is NOT a hero. "Yay I did not shoot an unarmed man trying to survive in the same zombie apocalypse hell as myself, now give me a medal"

Wanting a reward for common courtesy does not seem very "heroic" in my mind :)

Best Regards.

Edited by Raventhorn

If you take notice of the mechanic..... Humanity continues to rise on its own. You did get 'rewarded' by not receiving negative humanity.

Shouldn't be rewards of any kind. The gameplay alone should be satisfying enough and not need superficial points as humanity. .

You felt like a hero? Good enough.

Edited by johan