uberwolfe

Is this game dying?

Have you tried helping new players instead of just killing them?

This.

This so much. Even our large group would rather up the kills of hatchet nubs then help people. I offered to go in Cherno and open a dialogue with some people but the situation went south quick after the overwatch got done in by a trigger happy nub who didn't warn the group he was firing and revealed the position. Shortly later the three man group died to close range fires.

So alone and in Cherno with another three man group coming in from the north I stumble across a guy crouch running blind in the night with a good grade military rifle. He passes me no more than 10 meters and I yell "HALT" in direct, I wanted to see if this guy was a reasonable person, I'm interested in the social aspect of this apocalypse. But I'm not stupid.

He turns around, I assume out of habit to see who is talking to him, and at this range I have no choice but to pull the trigger of my FN FAL (Man killer) and gun him down. Simultaneously to all of this he utters three words in what I think is a british accent; "Are you friendly?". I kick my self around for the next few days wondering if who I gunned down was just turning to look at me. Still my concious is clear, when told to HALT you fucking halt.

When told to drop your gun you fucking drop it.

When told to drop your gun you fucking drop it

Perhaps in a real-life situation where someone is pointing a gun at me, I'll do whatever I'm told. In a video game where the person shouting at me sounds like a nasally child trying to act like a hard-case, I'll take my chances.

• Like 1

Seems like it xD At the moment it only shows around 20 eu servers and 90% them are locked. Rest have only couple of players. Guess something is broken or everybody have had their dose of cheaters, serverhoppers and lack of content.

i still play because i have a friend that plays, so i play to be his cover / support.

other then that i have no interest in the game anymore, it has turned into a slower version of CoD that i have no interest in the CoD mindset. if you like and want to play CoD, go play CoD.

reason being is yesterday had our teams camp greifed, bus thrown in the lake, car and ATV filled with medical supplies and food and then person stayed there to snipe those that spawned in and tried to get away. literally if you wanted some gear / food by all means help yourself.

but to destroy all our stuff then stay and snipe, thats asshole mentality from a jealous child prick. the game is to survive, we were, your not surviving by destroying all our stuff and kill us. if you were surviving you would have just taken it and left, not hung around and destroyed everything. apparently you have a misunderstanding movie based version of surviving. if people survived the way you do in real life, humanity would never have evolved past the age of tools

i have already gone from wanting to by the Standalone, to 5 inches from going to the hacker site and nuking every server and player around and i already regret telling people about the game, as so far that count is in the double digits that play because i showed the game to them and play, and i regret telling or showing this game to any of them due to the way the playerbase has devolved to.

Humanity 10,100 never killed a single person, have been killed by multiple

Edited by Hell-In-A-Handbasket

So the rushed standalone alpha based on the same code will be problem free you reckon?

Cool, I'm just off down to the floating marshmallow party mall on my freaking purple glowing gay unicorn, want me to get you a fresh tub of Fantasy?

No but can I have your purple glowing gay unicorn?

• Like 1

You know. Or just facepalm and post some inaccurate info.

Says the one posting inaccurate info that only denotes that Gamescon is currently open for public instead of the official press-release by BI stating that they'll be there 'till the 19th.

• Like 1

lack of content.

this isnt WoW, the content is all player created, if you feel there is a lack of content, then create it. the Trade Federation created content, Dr. Wasteland created content. games like DayZ are not like WoW, end game is the moment you step off the beach

• Like 1

First things first: THIS THREAD IS ABSOLUTELY NEW AND EXCITING, NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE

So according to OP the game is dying because a few of his favourite servers will shut down soon

Uhm...yeah....so what you're gonna do about it?

What's the matter with you people yelling "DAYZ IS DYING OMGOMGOMG"

Like a post in the forums would suddenly change anything...fucking morons

If people want to quit DayZ then it shall be so, as long as I find a server with 30-50 people on it I'll continue to play it

You're wasting forum traffic

Lol.. speaking of wasting forum traffic.

I never stated that the game is dying, I was asking what is going on. I will assume you can't read.

I also outlined 4 points that made me ask the question in the first place. You answered none of these.

Before you start being a tool, understand I love DayZ and in no way do I want to see it die - but I have noticed a significant dropoff in players in the last 2-3 weeks.

Hence why I asked the question. Hope you don't get too upset.

• Like 2

on my freaking purple glowing gay unicorn

exterface_unicorn_03.jpg

Aaanyway. Me and my group have been playing a lot lately. We haven't updated our server to the most recent versions simply because of all the bugs its having so we are waiting till it clears up. I think some people are simply waiting for the standalone as it is supposed to resolve some issues. I believe they said part of the problem was that as a mod they didn't want to mess with arma's files too much and so it made it harder to fix issues. The standalone is supposed to give them more freedom to fix things.

All of the PvP children left after we stopped spawning with guns. It may seem a bit less populated, but there's still a strong community.

I don't get what people expect to do if not PVP. Do you really find hunting animals fun and exciting? Or killing zombies only? This game has no actual point to it other than PVP. Once you get geared up, that is all that is left to do.

Hackers and such seem to be on the low low now compared to a few weeks ago or so. Battle eye finally kicked it into gear for the most part. The real problem is all the bugs and lack of end game. In ARMA 2 itself, you have objectives. In this game, it's just die, get gear, die again, lose gear, die by hackers. Run marathons trying to get gear. I mean HONESTLY, what is the point of this game? The only reason I play is because most of the other games I have are just as boring. The only fun I have is when I play with my friends and PVP. Leave the hatchet nubs alone, and kill the geared players.

Do you play a driving simulator to go fishing?

Why the fuck are you playing a zombie apocalypse simulator if you want to PvP? Go fucking play Quake 3 Arena or Unreal Tournament instead...

Yes, I find hunting and surviviing fun, that's why I play DayZ and not YAYFUN-SHOOT-EM-UP all day long.

Us "hatchet noobs" are the ones playing the game like a real zombie survival game... how long do you think you'd last in real life running down the road with a sniper rifle? Fuck all, that's how long.

What's the point of the game you ask? I thought you said it was to PvP like some mindless douchecup... or it could be to survive the environment, like it would be if the same situation were real.

DayZ is what you choose to make it... if you want to PvP all day through sheer stubbornness instead of thinking creatively, then you have no right to complain about not having shit to do and choosing to act like a dickhead as a result of your ineptitude to function as a human, on a basic level.

In other words, in my humble opinion, if you find the game boring or "what's the point?" then you're a gargantuan imbecile, and DayZ is not for you!

~Sol

Edited by Sol
  • Like 7

Why do people seemingly dislike the pvp? In my mind that's the only thing that creates the risk vs reward feeling. I've never had to be so meticulous with my tree line scanning and scouting to go loot an area and I love it. The real threat of a potential bandit anywhere is what makes the game so cut throat. I think right now the pvp is ridiculous because it's all done with .50 calais but once the loot inflation is fixed and those aren't everywhere it will be much better.

• Like 3

Hackz are goiing on....

Once the standalone is out the game will be crowded again... but until then, many people like me, stoped playing.. since it is a waste of time to play for 1 hour just to get killed/trolled by a script kiddie.

• Like 1

DayZ is what you choose to make it... if you want to PvP all day through sheer stubbornness instead of thinking creatively, then you have no right to complain about not having shit to do and choosing to act like a dickhead as a result of your ineptitude to function as a human, on a basic level.

In other words, in my humble opinion, if you find the game boring or "what's the point?" then you're a gargantuan imbecile, and DayZ is not for you!

~Sol

Beans for you, lulz for me!

win-win situation :D

~Sol

i find the game boring and " whats the point " but because of the tent/vehicle bug, there is nothing left. i dont hunt people, i got up close to 11K humanity last night from 10Kish. vehicle i was repairing, gone with only 1 part left to repair, where was it, its original location, with everything in the truck gone, as well as fully broke. i have yet to get a tent to work since .4, and all the tents iv found that went up in .4 go fully empty if anything is placed in it before restart @ .5

yes it was saved multiple times.

• Like 1

Why do people seemingly dislike the pvp? In my mind that's the only thing that creates the risk vs reward feeling. I've never had to be so meticulous with my tree line scanning and scouting to go loot an area and I love it. The real threat of a potential bandit anywhere is what makes the game so cut throat. I think right now the pvp is ridiculous because it's all done with .50 calais but once the loot inflation is fixed and those aren't everywhere it will be much better.

I don't dislike PvP, I dislike people going though extreme measures to ruin other peoples fun, because "WAAAHHH I'M BORED!"

Go outside and do something the fuck else if you feel the need to be such a useful contribution to the community.

I love PvP when it's for the right reasons...

i find the game boring and " whats the point " but because of the tent/vehicle bug, there is nothing left. i dont hunt people, i got up close to 11K humanity last night from 10Kish. vehicle i was repairing, gone with only 1 part left to repair, where was it, its original location, with everything in the truck gone, as well as fully broke. i have yet to get a tent to work since .4, and all the tents iv found that went up in .4 go fully empty if anything is placed in it before restart @ .5

yes it was saved multiple times.

The game is *get ready for it folks* ALPHA. There are bugs, and lots of them. If you can't handle said bugs, and they make you feel like raging on some beginners... go the fuck outside and take a walk?

~Sol

• Like 1

The game is *get ready for it folks* ALPHA. There are bugs, and lots of them. If you can't handle said bugs, and they make you feel like raging on some beginners... go the fuck outside and take a walk?

~Sol

Ahh yes, the alpha excuse, google uses a perma Beta for all their stuff. Alpha is just an excuse to not have to fix anything.

Guess what this alpha is leading to,,, nothing except yet another Alpha.

Whats the point in testing this " alpha " when stuff isnt getting fixed, he said himself during an interview he doesnt like Fixing the bugs and would rather push new stuff. Its a good giveaway that his " minecraft " releace cycle is just an attempt to cash in asap before people migrate away.

You can be rest asshure that the standalone " Alpha " will last a long ass time, and will be in same shape as this " alpha "

• Like 1

Ahh yes, the alpha excuse, google uses a perma Beta for all their stuff. Alpha is just an excuse to not have to fix anything.

Guess what this alpha is leading to,,, nothing except yet another Alpha.

Whats the point in testing this " alpha " when stuff isnt getting fixed, he said himself during an interview he doesnt like Fixing the bugs and would rather push new stuff. Its a good giveaway that his " minecraft " releace cycle is just an attempt to cash in asap before people migrate away.

You can be rest asshure that the standalone " Alpha " will last a long ass time, and will be in same shape as this " alpha "

No kidding, but that is, in itself, and entirely different conversation. Whether he fixes the bugs or not is irrelevant to the fact they exist, and complaining about them does nothing except piss everyone else off after hearing it for the 9500th time... it's over 9000!

~Sol

• Like 1

No kidding, but that is, in itself, and entirely different conversation. Whether he fixes the bugs or not is irrelevant to the fact they exist, and complaining about them does nothing except piss everyone else off after hearing it for the 9500th time... it's over 9000!

~Sol

Do you take a problem seriously and make an attempt to fix it after multiple people screaming about it in your face, or a nice polite email?

You can bet your ass the people infront of you with pitchforks get the problem fixed, where the email with posies get back burner

If people dont complain about a problem, and complain alot, nothing gets done, its better to shut up the majority then the quiet minority

And when selling something, tou want the money from the majority, not the minority

Edited by Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Do you take a problem seriously and make an attempt to fix it after multiple people screaming about it in your face, or a nice polite email?

You can bet your ass the people infront of you with pitchforks get the problem fixed, where the email with posies get back burner

If people dont complain about a problem, and complain alot, nothing gets done, its better to shut up the majority then the quiet minority

And when selling something, tou want the money from the majority, not the minority

All I'm saying, is that these problems have been raised and addressed already many times by the community AND dev team... they are aware of it, trust me... there is only so much you can beat a dead horse before it disintegrates and floats away in the breeze.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, and yes, it should be fixed... but whether it GETS fixed or not is another story. This all contributes to the fact that yes, the mod is in trouble... standalone may be fine, but if the community gets shafted on the mod, as OP states... then yeah, there won't be anyone left to even play standalone. DayZ started the basic paving of a road we have yet to travel as a gaming generation... while the idea has existed in some form or another for a long long time, this is the first time anyone has tried something like this on a semi-serious level. They have found themselves in-over-their-heads and are trying the best way they know to fix it... sadly the community isn't going to wait because the majority of them are spoiled kids with a bad attitude.

And that, is the fact, Jack.

~Sol

Edited by Sol
  • Like 1

There's a lot of bugs, which turns off a lot of people.

There's a lot of realization that the mod has almost nothing to actually do with zombie-survival, which turns off a lot more.

Edited by jonahcutter

Well, active players in last 24H is decreasing but there's plenty of reasons to give :

- School starting for lots of people.

- Lots of new games coming out including GW2.

- Graphical Artifacts are game breaking for lots of people.

- Standalone was announced, people are waiting for that instead.

Biggest problem is hackers. Look, today at Kamenka ... DE 635 server:

! Edited by Youri