Maxander

Maxander's Chernarus Dayz ultimate loot map V1[17454x14626]

Just a warning to beginners' date=' any seperate maps and especially loot maps will destroy a big part of the excitement the game offers. Do this for your own risk, since exploring is a huge part of this Arma 2 mod.

Dont play it like an mmorpg, it is a survival game with a big exploring factor...

[/quote']

True, while one might admit that finding lootable buildings is a bit troublesome at times.

Finding a small village, getting excited about some loot to find, crawl around the zombies, only to find a small shed with some empty tin cans next to it. Thats about the experience for new players, but with time you will remember where you can get stuff.

A lootmap will help new players big time.

Status report:

Tent Camp at Stary and balota scouted and will be added in next release.

I think is the last one is in berezino and will scout when able.

Unexpected expenses foiled my memory upgrade plans and the arrival of summer and my vacation will halt any further editing until next month.

Thank you all for the feedback and have a good summer.

http://dayzdb.com/map

Why are people making new ones when there are so many already? I like the one I linked the most though.

When i created the first version there was no good lootmap or high res map and that was why i made it.

Recently that have changed but i still want a good offline version that i can use for ops and i will keep working on my own untill its done or i find a map version that im completely happy with.

The maps is getting better and every new map adds to what been done before so keep making maps.

I love the map Max!

It is, IMO, the best one out there. DL'd to my PC so I don't have to use a web integrated map, and I prefer how each building is colored not just weird marks covering half of 2 buildings and all of the actual loot building or a ton of little dots that overlap at certain zoom values.

Any updates on this?

Is there a version maxander where it shows the extra bit north thats cut off in v1?

Any updates on this?

Is there a version maxander where it shows the extra bit north thats cut off in v1?

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't recommend a loot map for any beginners. That would totally kill the fun of exploration (since that's one big thing to keep you interested in the beginning).

After the couple of initial plays having acquired the in-game map, I do, however, recommend printing out the chernarus map (the one with the cyrillic names too) if you happen to have a printer. (Sorry, I don't remember the site for that map right off the bat.)

I think it's great fun to have a printed paper map besides the keyboard when playing DayZ... so that you can scribble any good loot locations, locations of wells, and such to the map whenever you find them. It just adds to the immersion to have your very own map to scribble things on. :)

Besides, a paper map is handy for some quick glipses while running around in the woods. It doesn't require you to stop or block your view like the in-game map. (I guess an interactive map on a tablet might do the trick as well)

Or if you just want the quick (and less fun) way, then use the ready-made loot map. :P

Might also be handy for the pros who already have pretty much explored everything.

I use http://db.dayzwiki.com/map/chernarus and http://dayzdb.com/map#2.059.081 together. The first one lets you specify what kind of loot and the number of spawns you're looking for, and the second one is more relative to the in-game map, and also provides altitudes.

I'm necroing this post in the name of history and data preservation. I've managed to recover Maxander's map files from a failed HDD: 100% correct and as downloaded from the torrent he posted.

It appears the readme.txt was replicated by him in the topic, so I will only leave the magnet link here (the original one): magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7dwa2ewvcr2ddggonxskw4t6mgcfif3m&dn=Maxander%27s%20ultimate%20loot%20map%20V1&xl=85002035&fc=3

And file hashes (sha256):

$ sha256sum *
16289e358a0cc99fb5bcf070a210ff76b3c0b8ceab2eee22e73dc3a55826b2ba *Credits & Changelog.txt
67dcb11ee7c7215835caf1d53f29ce3b21ffb50bcce0306e4b7804f7b7ffb734 *MaxHighresChernarusLootV1.png
b58f7ef046b4c50d0a0785b80bf0bbcdbc926ebd05d30d1f08fba8da3453dcd9 *Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.me.txt

(I block seeding to some west european countries. Try a VPN if I'm """not online""" for weeks)

I will try to upload it to the Internet Archive too. Enjoy this history, digital archaeologist!