Sign in to follow this  
waffen-79

Dayz standalone alpha price

So, War of the Roses (medieval melee combat game) PRE-ORDER is up on STEAM

And Steam is giving a 20% off, for previous Taleworlds titles owners, like any version of Mount & Blade (I have them all)

Since Rocket said DayZ standalone will NOT be using ArmA 3 RV4 engine and many of the base DayZ players only bought arma 2 co for the mod

Could it be possible to give another discount for arma 2 co owners?

- I know the minecraft model is very cheap, but come on, other studios are doing it -

I'll get my copy, whatever the price might be, but how about showing those 1 million strong players some love?

regards

Id pay whatever price. If it was $100 up front and a subscription fee I would pay for it.

I know right! I've supported the flashpoint and arma series since the begining, but going easy on the wallet doesn't hurt either

even if it is a 2 - 5 bucks discount extra for previously arma 2 owners wouldn't hit them that hard, what do you think?

I guess the news of DayZ not using the new engine really limits my expectations

for instance some of the key aspects that will suffer from this are:

- Real Melee, and directional combat its out of the question

- Character Customization, using current 'skins' would still be glitchy, and forget about different builds and item customization

- Underground facilities

- Close quater combat

- Ragdolls, the A3 alpha videos were promising but not quite there, hearing Rocket say they'll try to use something simplier scares me

Edited by waffen-79

Standalone will be rv4, where did you hear otherwise?

This. Would like to know.

It's basically people misunderstanding Rocket in an interview.

He basically said, the DayZ engine is going to take what works best for DayZ, some of those things are from ArmA 3, some from ArmA 2 and some are entirely unique to the DayZ engine as none of the ArmA games do it well. The example he gave was that he wanted to use a simple ragdoll similar to ArmA 2 rather than a complex ragdoll like ArmA 3, because it fits into DayZ better, that being it's a multiplayer PvP focussed game.

http://www.rockpaper...y-z-standalone/

Edited by smasht_AU

Rocket has stated in numerous interviews the standalone will be using a custom Arma 2 engine, effectivley Arma 2.5, so it could be good or bad depending on what he fixes/adds.

Price wise, I will be happy to pay £8/€10/$15 for the Alpha IF Rocket does actually use the minecraft model and give Alpha buyers free updates for life.