Sign in to follow this  
philippschreier@web.de

New Endgame Content

What about some kind of endgame mechanics like this:

You pile up some corpses from zombies and burn them the smokes calles in hords of new zombies, which are coming in waves. If you survive you gain some extra stuff.

Turn DayZ into another mindless "Kill zombies in waves" system? :|

• Like 1

Boo hiss. sounds predictable. have a falcon punch for your effort.

I don't understand why (and no offense) so many people need rpg-like features in a game to make it more enjoyable. Every game is like that now, and the reason this mod is so popular is because it's not like any other game in the market.

Maybe not spawning waves of zombies but I would love to see some more endgame cooperation being encouraged, maybe players can take back a town by clearing out zombies, building fortifications and restoring infastructure like repairing power generators to make floodlights work. No idea how that would work - would need to be guarded 24/7 against a takeover

ArmA2 has a robust base-building system in it. Industrial or military sites could spawn construction materials, tarps, camo netting, lumber and other handy stuff, and then it could be assembled by players using the construction controls into makeshift forts and zombie-resistant barricades. Zombies or players could destroy them (Good use for ax/crowbar/toolkit) but they'd make for an interesting new cooperative project when gathering gear and fixing cars isn't enough.

I'm obviously a huge fan of augmenting vehicles, as well. Scrap metal for makeshift side skirts to protect your bus wheels, a brush bar to reduce engine damage in the event of a minor collision or gunfire, armor on windows, that sort of thing. A Ural with enough metal on it would be like an APC, you'd be smashing fences and deflecting sniper shots left and right.

• Like 2

I don't understand why (and no offense) so many people need rpg-like features in a game to make it more enjoyable. Every game is like that now, and the reason this mod is so popular is because it's not like any other game in the market.

please don't assume you know why the community likes dayz. :)

Turn DayZ into another mindless "Kill zombies in waves" system? :|

Agreed. That's a no go!

I'm obviously a huge fan of augmenting vehicles, as well. Scrap metal for makeshift side skirts to protect your bus wheels, a brush bar to reduce engine damage in the event of a minor collision or gunfire, armor on windows, that sort of thing. A Ural with enough metal on it would be like an APC, you'd be smashing fences and deflecting sniper shots left and right.

I really love this idea. To be able to protect your vehicles from snipers and collisions ect. Maybe make trucks like the Ural drive a tad slower the more metal protection it have, to make it more balanced. That makes you have a choice for what kind of car you want, the more tanky one or the faster one for picking up friends and stuff.

Maybe be able to find some kind of camouflage kit for the cars, to make them more invisible in the forests.

I would basically just love alot more possibilities with the vehicles (chopper aswell maybe), since they are some of the only things I go out and look for when maxed out in gear (gps, rangefinder, weapons and so on)

So you sir, can definitely have my beans! (Does that sound wierd? :D)

P.S. Sorry for any bad grammar, english isn't my native language :-)

please don't assume you know why the community likes dayz. :)

According to polls, the community hates sniper rifles, tents, hackers, and vehicle storage.

But most of the community owns anti-materiel rifles...

I try not to think too hard about it.

no bro waves of zombies and earning new stuff would make this game too much like dead island or other shitty unrealistic games like left 4 dead

plus i already suggested the town take overs and fortification methods