bugy116

optimizing my laptop for dayz?

I use my laptop for gaming and i can run css and l4d2 just fine but dayz is like completeley laggy, its so laggy that it causes me to run slower in the game litteraly, my sprinting is like non lag crouching speed, anyways, i was wondering if i can get help optimising my laptop for the game, my friend can play the game on her laptop and she doesnt lag at all.

Specs

Manufacturer: Toshiba

Model: satellite c675d

Processor: two Amd e-300 apu processors with radeo hd grpahics 1.30ghz <- i think is the problem

Ram: 4gb (3.61gb usuable)

System: windows 7, 64bit

Plz help me i just wanna play and be able to keep up with my friends and not lag behind.

Edited by bugy116

The Arma engine, though not the best graphically, Is supper heavy on both your CPU and GPU. I don't really think you're going to find it easy to run this on your laptop mate. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sounds more like your connection quality with the server more than your system if you are experiencing run speed lag.

1.) Uninstall Norton Antivirus

2.) Uninstall Mcafee Antivirus

3.) Restart PC

• Like 1

its not the connection, because when i first played dayz in june i had mega lag like i wasnt even getting 2 frames per second! but then i tryed again in jully and i was averaging 20fps and when i would go into empty night servers half way around the world i would hardly lag at all, but my average game play is sluggish, i no my laptop can run this game on low graphics i just need to no some tips and tricks, plus im only 13 so i really dont pay much attention to clocking my laptop for overheating, so i never no when to give it a rest, i just need help to optimize it and make it a lil better, ill be happy if i can average 30 fps with normal running speed as everyone else, i never heard of lag causing someone to have a slower movement speed then everyone els, like dramtically.

Edit: norton is gone, it was the default antivirus that came with the laptop, i have avg now, and i use game booster 3 as well

Edited by bugy116

Yeah i wish i could get 30 fps on average my laptop is

Manufacturer: lenovo

Model: Y570 08626FU

Processor: 2nd gen core i5 2450m processor @ 2.5ghz

Ram: 4gb

System: windows 7, 64bit

not sure but i can never get mine to run at even a smooth 20fps =\

im going to try to run both arma 2 and arma 2 oa and see if any lag appears after i just updated my drivers, and then im gonna test dayz

i have an alienware m14x and i get under 10fps even when i formatted it and its the only thing on my laptop. :/

Does anyone with Alienware M17 x r4 have issues starting Dayz?  I can't get it to start after 5 days of purchasing the game... I can't go beyond Wait a moment.... with Dayz sign in the middle of my screen.  I don't want to cancel this order.. I want to play it sooo bad.... checked firewall did all the admin on steam to do my best to start it... wont load even after 15 minutes of wait a moment... screen.. i cant go further... why????

Does anyone with Alienware M17 x r4 have issues starting Dayz?  I can't get it to start after 5 days of purchasing the game... I can't go beyond Wait a moment.... with Dayz sign in the middle of my screen.  I don't want to cancel this order.. I want to play it sooo bad.... checked firewall did all the admin on steam to do my best to start it... wont load even after 15 minutes of wait a moment... screen.. i cant go further... why????

Open Steam, log in, wait for updates.

Start ArmaII. Close it once you are in main menu.

Start ArmaII OA. Close it once you are in main menu.

Start DayZ Mod. It should start and show main menu with video background.

Where in this list does it stop working for you?