Sign in to follow this  
Ralpi

Audio problems First Person G35

Hi, having a odd problem with my sound and I thought i'd ask around as I can't seem to find any other topics on it.

Headset: Logitech G35 Stereo/Surround

MB: Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

Windows: 7

Known problems with the G35 Headset: Windows not registering when Switching from Stereo to Surround or vice versa, have to switch manually in Windows or it will bug.

My problem in DayZ/Arma2: When going into First Person the sound from the played character (footsteps, gunfire & eating etc.) can only be heard from the right headphone other ambient/zombie/player sounds can be heard from both sides of the headset.

Note: This is only in First person, Third person works fine, I will troubleshoot a bit more today and update/reinstall all audio drivers. Will also try with my speakers on in First person to see if that works to narrow the problem down a bit

Q: Does DayZ/Arma2 have a setting in any CFG for Stereo/Surround?

It is not hindering me in anyway but it is very annoying :P

Thanks for reading let me know if you have experienced anything similar to this

lots of love, Ralpi

Edited by Ralpi

I'm using the exact same headphones and don't have the issue.

I know that's not entirely helpful but the only thing I can query is make sure headphones are set to default speakers in windows have drivers installed and set audio samples in arma highest.

Sorry mate,.

• Like 1

i have had some problems with my g35 for a long time...

often when i muted the microphone, it swiched from surround to stereo, and sometimes it wouldnt swich back

but a few days ago, i had a look if there were any new drivers... i found some, and now its working fine...

you can download the drivers here:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/game-gear/g35-surround-sound-headset?section=downloads&bit=&osid=-1&selectedFile=0

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, did update my drivers and tried with my speakers and headset on, it does actually seem to work now with speakers/headset but i've only tried it on Lingor Island so far. Will try today on DayZ.

Thanks again fellas, have a good weekend. // Ralpi

Figured it out, Windows properties on the G35 > Enhancements, if you disable Channel Phantoming the problem I had will occur, so solution enable that and enjoy first person :P