Dr Wasteland MD

The Coalition - Changing the Culture of DayZ

Nobody said bandits will be banned, but if there is a wanted poster with a known bandit, AKA a blacklist, then it gives us a heads up about the bandits. This doesn't ban them from playing there though.

Also it'll be grea to see what this idea brings us in the future!

Ahh, great I misunderstood. By all means assemble a list of known bandits for hunting. I thought 'blacklist' meant they wouldn't be able to log into Coalition servers.

• Like 1

Ahh, great I misunderstood. By all means assemble a list of known bandits for hunting. I thought 'blacklist' meant they wouldn't be able to log into Coalition servers.

No, they would not be banned. I am adamantly against anything that breaks immersion in the game. Personally, I love bandits, they keep the game interesting.

• Like 7

Hey, I'm a Regional Coordinator (top rank) in the Regulators, a group of now 100+ friendly survivors who offer all forms of aid (medical assistance and protection mainly). We were offered a position early on, before The Coalition was properly announced. We decided to turn it down at that time, because we felt we needed to grow before we made any big choices like this. We're fairly large now, would we still be welcome?

If we are, then I'd like to ask, are there any obligations of any kind (other than being friendly and so on)? It's important to note that we're mostly Lone Wolves and we have a nomadic playstyle. While some of us may be fine settling down on a server, or at least contributing somewhat to your group, we don't want any form of obligation (e.g. having to do patrols or something). What would be required of us? Also, do you condone behavior such as alt+f4ing in a legit fight? Or any other form of cheap gameplay/cheating? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I've seen the occasional thread denouncing the CQF (perhaps wrongly) for doing/allowing this, so I'd just like to be sure.

Note, even if both of your answers to my questions are positive, I can't promise we'll join. I'd just like as much info as possible so we can discuss it among ourselves. Anyways, thanks for your time.

Edited by *Regulator* Curt

If we are, then I'd like to ask, are there any obligations of any kind (other than being friendly and so on)? It's important to note that we're mostly Lone Wolves and we have a nomadic playstyle. While some of us may be fine settling down on a server, or at least contributing somewhat to your group, we don't want any form of obligation (e.g. having to patrols or something). What would be required of us?

Here's my perspective, and I only speak for myself - not for The Coalition or it's member organizations. It would be ludicrous for me to dictate to you how to play the game. That wouldn't really be any fun, for me or anyone else.

What I can do is encourage. I will encourage TMW's members to play on The Coalition's servers. I will encourage TMW members to take their patients on those servers and play on them if they choose. I will encourage my people to advance the culture that The Coalition is all about - having new experiences by not killing just for fun.

CQF will probably have their guys run patrols, but their people have volunteered for just that kind of thing. If your group joins The Coalition, how you craft your role in our new society is completely up to you. I personally like the idea of a bunch of lone wolves running around who are not going to shoot survivors, but instead attempt to find mutually beneficial relationships with strangers while maintaining their lone wolf playstyle.

I can firmly state that I do not condone tactics and strategies that I would call "not in the spirit of the game." This includes things like duping, combat logging, zombie logging, ghosting, hacking, and exploiting. It should be said that I do not consider camping loot spawns to be an exploit.

Here's my perspective, and I only speak for myself - not for The Coalition or it's member organizations. It would be ludicrous for me to dictate to you how to play the game. That wouldn't really be any fun, for me or anyone else.

What I can do is encourage. I will encourage TMW's members to play on The Coalition's servers. I will encourage TMW members to take their patients on those servers and play on them if they choose. I will encourage my people to advance the culture that The Coalition is all about - having new experiences by not killing just for fun.

CQF will probably have their guys run patrols, but their people have volunteered for just that kind of thing. If your group joins The Coalition, how you craft your role in our new society is completely up to you. I personally like the idea of a bunch of lone wolves running around who are not going to shoot survivors, but instead attempt to find mutually beneficial relationships with strangers while maintaining their lone wolf playstyle.

I can firmly state that I do not condone tactics and strategies that I would call "not in the spirit of the game." This includes things like duping, combat logging, zombie logging, ghosting, hacking, and exploiting. It should be said that I do not consider camping loot spawns to be an exploit.

Very cool, very good answers. We're definitely (for the majority) a lone wolf group, so long as we can maintain that with the option to assist you guys directly if we choose, then we'd seriously consider joining the Coalition. We have nothing but the highest respect for what The Coalition is trying to do here, I'd just like to let you guys know that.

Very cool, very good answers. We're definitely (for the majority) a lone wolf group, so long as we can maintain that with the option to assist you guys directly if we choose, then we'd seriously consider joining the Coalition. We have nothing but the highest respect for what The Coalition is trying to do here, I'd just like to let you guys know that.

Well then I eagerly await your decision!

Hey, I'm a Regional Coordinator (top rank) in the Regulators, a group of now 100+ friendly survivors who offer all forms of aid (medical assistance and protection mainly). We were offered a position early on, before The Coalition was properly announced. We decided to turn it down at that time, because we felt we needed to grow before we made any big choices like this. We're fairly large now, would we still be welcome?

If we are, then I'd like to ask, are there any obligations of any kind (other than being friendly and so on)? It's important to note that we're mostly Lone Wolves and we have a nomadic playstyle. While some of us may be fine settling down on a server, or at least contributing somewhat to your group, we don't want any form of obligation (e.g. having to do patrols or something). What would be required of us? Also, do you condone behavior such as alt+f4ing in a legit fight? Or any other form of cheap gameplay/cheating? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I've seen the occasional thread denouncing the CQF (perhaps wrongly) for doing/allowing this, so I'd just like to be sure.

Note, even if both of your answers to my questions are positive, I can't promise we'll join. I'd just like as much info as possible so we can discuss it among ourselves. Anyways, thanks for your time.

I have read about you guys before and strongly considered applying before joining up with TMW, as your recruitment post is a good read that fits up well with my play style. I'm just one medic but I look forward to the chance of running ops with some of your group soon and was actually hoping to see a Regulator reply here.

Sounds good guys, but are you really going to ban bandits just for being bandits? Hunt them down if you can sure, but 'blacklisting' known bandits? Not cool, unless I misread that part.

When i Say Blacklist, im referring to a list of known bandits. People on those lists are acceptable to treat as hostile. We won't ban anyone off our servers unless the proper reason is given. (Hacking/Scripting)

Edited by RedFaction

This is a great idea and it has my wholehearted support - in fact the work the Wasteland Medics is what inspired the birth of the Regulators.

I think our original concept was not to create so much a clan as a movement of people who are independent but ready to announce that they have committed themselves on protection instead of shoot-on-sight. As the group has grown, obviously we've started to get more communal and formed the cell structure (they could be considered as small "clans" under the Regulator umbrella) for team-oriented members to go out and play together and develop tactics.

I guess my main concern is that the bigger the organization, the clumsier it becomes to operate. I'm also a bit concerned on information leaks and the "bad apples" that can easily bring the reputation of a good guy organization down by just joining up and playing like a bastard. :) I'd love to hear your thoughts (in PM if needed) on how you see a coalition like this coming together. This will help us discuss the idea within our group so we can vote with all the facts on the table.

It might sound a bit sanctimonious to say this, but if all the members of the coalition have dedicated themselves to "I won't shoot on sight", you're already Regulators by heart and we welcome you as brothers whether or not our group decides to "officially" join up. :)

In any case, great to see this and stay safe,

-O

• Like 1

This is a great idea and it has my wholehearted support - in fact the work the Wasteland Medics is what inspired the birth of the Regulators.

I think our original concept was not to create so much a clan as a movement of people who are independent but ready to announce that they have committed themselves on protection instead of shoot-on-sight. As the group has grown, obviously we've started to get more communal and formed the cell structure (they could be considered as small "clans" under the Regulator umbrella) for team-oriented members to go out and play together and develop tactics.

I guess my main concern is that the bigger the organization, the clumsier it becomes to operate. I'm also a bit concerned on information leaks and the "bad apples" that can easily bring the reputation of a good guy organization down by just joining up and playing like a bastard. :) I'd love to hear your thoughts (in PM if needed) on how you see a coalition like this coming together. This will help us discuss the idea within our group so we can vote with all the facts on the table.

It might sound a bit sanctimonious to say this, but if all the members of the coalition have dedicated themselves to "I won't shoot on sight", you're already Regulators by heart and we welcome you as brothers whether or not our group decides to "officially" join up. :)

In any case, great to see this and stay safe,

-O

You're free to join the TMW teamspeak and talk about it with me.

Address: ts.ourdomain.me:9990

If you want to come in, just message me so I can move you to my channel.

lemme in on this, i have some gear to trade, ive played medic, i like to sit around and wait for an attack, etc. sign me up?

Thats awesome,

I'm a bandit my self, i dont fire at freshspawns but i keep a close eye for them, Unless they fire first ill gladly break their leg, But tries not to kill them, When it comes to heroes and good geared suvivors? I'd gladly kill them for their beans!

400+ Members within this community, will make me have something to look out for, or maybe even give me a huge challenge and some great panic moment's..

- i'd like to see opposite force against this threat on us :)

• Like 2

Hmm, I didn't read any of this but I have this weird feeling they are going to get raided....

You make it sound like we arn't expecting anything like that... and won't have guns or something?

• Like 1

Great work by all concerned, let's make Chernarus a better place. We've got enough to deal with just having to survive, not to mention the zombies that couldn't care less about The Coalition. But that's what makes it fun. And we'll still have bandits, no question about that ... but we can make their life harder, and their survival less profitable.

As a Trusted Medic of the Wasteland I'm in ...

Joe

Are you kidding me? Odds are organized patrols will be more predictable (same general area), and organized groups are generally better armed. Ambushing a patrol shouldn't be extremely difficult, and the loot will be much better :)

I've actually been looking forward to the bandit response.

What I've discovered is that people overestimate the bandit threat. The Coalition will only be in danger from bandits when they actually get organized. And I have yet to find a bandit group that had more than 400 people.

That being said, bandits: give us your best shot! I've actually been looking forward to speaking with some exceptional bandits.

• Like 1

What I've discovered is that people overestimate the bandit threat. The Coalition will only be in danger from bandits when they actually get organized. And I have yet to find a bandit group that had more than 400 people.

That being said, bandits: give us your best shot! I've actually been looking forward to speaking with some exceptional bandits.

Bandits will mostly think of this as a challenge or see profit because the risk to reward favors reward more to risk.

I'm honestly more interested in how independent individuals (not involved with clans related to the coalition, or rivals (bandits)) will be affected by this. I could see a lot of loners simply avoiding coalition servers because loot will become increasingly stale, vehicles rarer, and increased risk (crossfire between coalition and challengers).

Are you kidding me? Odds are organized patrols will be more predictable (same general area), and organized groups are generally better armed. Ambushing a patrol shouldn't be extremely difficult, and the loot will be much better :)

I can't imagine our patrols being predictable, there will be no schedule with them, sure maybe the general area's, but thats like saying survivors are predictable because they go to the same general areas. Im sure loot will very, depending on who you try to ambush.

Haha us loners are just tryin to keep our heads above water. But cheers to you guys for tryin to make things better. You've got my support

Just chiming in, Freeside is behind this 100%. We're open all weekend if anyone is interested in stopping by! I'd also like to skewer my loud neighbors let the other groups active in the Coalition know that they can get in contact with us for jobs/support at our website/forum.

Bandits will mostly think of this as a challenge or see profit because the risk to reward favors reward more to risk.

I'm honestly more interested in how independent individuals (not involved with clans related to the coalition, or rivals (bandits)) will be affected by this. I could see a lot of loners simply avoiding coalition servers because loot will become increasingly stale, vehicles rarer, and increased risk (crossfire between coalition and challengers).

It is only profitable if you can kill all of us ;)

As for the crossfire problem, that might turn into a problem, though Freeside (can't speak for the rest of the Coalition) operates on a fire-only-if-fired-at policy (at least when on the job and not in high-profile areas).

We had some we had some we had some :D Only one problem, a hacker teleported everyone onto a satchel during the fight :( Douche didn't even have the satchel laid out right.

Edited by Publik

The other bandits / sociopaths / murderers / anarchists and I are going to have fun dismantling this "coalition" like the wobbly tower of legos it will inevitably be.

The other bandits / sociopaths / murderers / anarchists and I are going to have fun dismantling this "coalition" like the wobbly tower of legos it will inevitably be.

If you say so...but a Sociopath like myself can put together some preddy amazing lego towers... the trick is to glue the bricks together, makes it alot sturdier.

• Like 2