Sam Maunder

DayZ Development Twitter

Hello there,

Local friendly media guy here and I'm here to tell you lot about our DayZ Twitter feed. Of course 5,732 of you will already know about this but those of you who don't... Well come and follow us too! You know you want to. Right?

So why should you follow us on Twitter?

Well that's simple, our DayZ Twitter feed is a up to date, real time feed on our development progress and things we find important from the community. On top of that if the forums go down or a major issue happens then that's the place to go and check!

Updated regularly from a few of the DayZ Staff (Rocket Included) and we don't do annoying tweets ever few minutes that you want to unfollow us!

Well that's all I have to say. See you there!

DayZ Development Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/dayzdevteam

• Like 18

Nice.

Feel free to check out the WEG feed as well.

Updated with all your Day Z news, tips, videos and info.

• Like 1

isnt your twitter account linked to the news page?

The original post is over a month old, the news page wasn't working back then. But, yes it is the same twitter.

• Like 1

isnt your twitter account linked to the news page?

The original post is over a month old' date=' the news page wasn't working back then. But, yes it is the same twitter.

[/quote']

Derp to me, i thought it was a new post :Z

• Like 1

It would be nice if you guys replied to your followers.

Think of the twitter as a media news source, if you have questions and want replies, you will get them on the forum, if its about a specific patch post in the patch release thread. Dean or another dev member will try to answer.

• Like 5

The twitter is surprisingly lacking of actual DEVELOPMENT news though...

I don't (a long with many others I could imagine) give two shites about who made a herpderpingly funny DayZ machinima video or what gaming magazine most recently conducted a mind-numbingly boring interview with Rocket.

• Like 1

The twitter is surprisingly lacking of actual DEVELOPMENT news though...

I don't (a long with many others I could imagine) give two shites about who made a herpderpingly funny DayZ machinima video or what gaming magazine most recently conducted a mind-numbingly boring interview with Rocket.

You might not, but lots of people do, and it doesnt post "updates", it will have the posts for the launch of a patch, that is posted on the forums, like I said its mainly for media news, meaning media sites view it.

• Like 1

You might not, but lots of people do, and it doesnt post "updates", it will have the posts for the launch of a patch, that is posted on the forums, like I said its mainly for media news, meaning media sites view it.

Makes sense, considering how the media does not give a single gently caress about the actual development.

• Like 2

I use Twitter a lot for developer news and contacts. It would be nice to have more posts about patch updates and simple Q & A. Most developers do, and seeing how you guys are doing an amazing job with Dayz, it would be nice to see more involvment on twitter.

• Like 4

It's actually pretty simple from a community stand point the argument being made is We know DayZ is hard at work on the mod and stand alone and we are very appreciative.. but we see a thread that says "We want to get closer to the community, start a wiki/youtube/fansite" and then not talk to your community about what is currently in the works being fixed is just silly. We are here to help test the stuff at least throw us a bone when we are going to be able to see a change from the dreaded bugs we are currently facing, or if they are even in the mix for release. The bug tracker isn't very helpful really. We had a patch last Friday that was ~ 8 days off and it seemed to break more than fix it.. and yet nothing was rolled back or suggested to be rolled back.. we are scratching our heads over here.

Edited by gwbrewer
  • Like 3

Also a reminder, if you are in IRC. My bot there also will take the Twitter feed and post it in chat live when updates are around. Also includes news from BI Studios with Arma related stuff or beta patches. =)

• Like 1

Perhaps it needs to be DayZNews or DayzMedia. DayZDevTeam is kind of specific and it really doesn't tell much about the actual development of the game. Perhaps it is intended to drop the DayZ mod and focus on the standalone? Any update on the hive reverting to before 1.7.2.4 after every server restart?

• Like 1

Nothing has been updated since september on the twitter :/ Update or screeny pretty please?

Done

• Like 10

God speaks!

Fall down and prostrate yourselves, unworthy!

Also, looking good on the interiors. Can't wait for more!

• Like 1

YEAH wider doors :D

rocket please share more ingame pictures if possible

thx