gwbrewer

Are tents\cars saving on your server?

Like the title says.. I'd like to know who this IS working for.. currently this is a game breaker for me. All of my friends are not playing because so much time is wasted for not. If your server IS saving all these things correctly what versions are you using?

When I mean work, I don't mean saving it every 5 minutes either.. Let's say you save an auto then reboot twice without saving an auto.. Does your auto save?

Thanks

Edited by gwbrewer
  • Like 1

Nope, not on ours

Tips that work on my server.

Save multiple times, seriously like 5 or 6.

Space them out. There are bugs with things sharing IDs or other odd behavior if close.

Avoid servers that reset often.

I hope these tips help.

Tips that work on my server.

Save multiple times, seriously like 5 or 6.

Space them out. There are bugs with things sharing IDs or other odd behavior if close.

Avoid servers that reset often.

I hope these tips help.

You didn't really answer the question.. Does it work if you save it and reboot twice? That would really means it works..I mean if someone has a car and doesn't log in before the next reboot. They lose the auto..

same here. Even new tents i set up after updating client and server to 1.7.2.5 are not saving anything. After resetting twice or stopping the server all items in new tents are gone and all items in pre 1.7.2.5 tents/vehicles are like they were before updating...

I can confirm that saving definitely doesn't happen as it should. At best it seems to be very periodic, and selective. Yesterday we saved a chopper, after a restart it was in the saved location, after a second restart a few hours later, it was back where we last left it days ago, completely broken.

Quite frustrating.

(US1108)

I can't believe more people aren't voting this issue to the top of the list. I'm not sure what else you do in the game that doesn't require you to save at some point.. I mean even if you are just sniping it up.. Don't you need a save of something at some point?

• Like 1

We are aware of the issue and it has been raised with the devs.

It seems pretty erratic and sometimes it works on my servers, but more often, it does not.

• Like 2

No tents are not saving, even packing them results in them being back where they where when the server restarts.

I even tried to remove all the stuff from one tent and then saving it around 5000 times but it did not helped.

This is just as annoying and serious of an issue as the graphics glitch. Vehicles and tents not saving on my server either.

• Like 1

Still a priority issue. Just have to have faith that as jwiechers said, devs are aware and working on it.

Hope it's worked out soon though, repairing and owing vehicles is like the only end game at the moment, and even as testers it's frustrating when a game gets less fun.

Edited by Criminal

Nothing is saving on mine too. Which makes it a huge pain and i really wish they would fix this. Its pretty gay knowing your SOL because the vehicle(s) you do have are not going to be there after the next reboot along with anything inside your tents.

rollback to 1.7.2.4 there is NO REASON to have .5 running other than "popularity". Tents put down in .4 work just fine using the restart trick (and by fine i mean they save and the ruin my serv by duping everything in them every restart).

I really dont understand why rocket doesnt disable the game breaking things like GFX artifacts (just dont load the items that cause it) and Tents (disable them all together for everyone until they stop ruining the game via duping or the opposite, wiping out your supplies).

I mean would removing tents break it more? I think not at least people would have to ACTUALLY survive then instead of just dyding and getting re geared at their dupe city.

Yep, its pretty frustrating. I played with some friends the past days to build up some vehicles. Every time we searched a long time to get all the parts we needed. Yesterday we repaired a bus. This morning the bus was still where we saved it. This evening the bus was gone. After that we got lucky and managed to build up two offroad pickups. We saved them just before a server restart. After that we went back onto the server and both pickups were gone. Just saying, its frustrating...I hope this issue will be solved soon...