Mucwa

[Guide] Setting up an Xbox 360 Controller for DayZ

Awesome post, good use of a controller despite the lack of buttons :)

Beans all round!

:beans:

• Like 4

why on earth would you even want to do this. This is fps, mouse/kb rules.

Edited by DJNOOB
  • Like 14

I HAVE AN OPINION AND I'M GOING TO POST IT!!!! Rarrrr.

• Like 14

Console kids will never learn. Even after being destroyed by mouse and keyboard players for the millionth time. :lol:

Console kids will never learn. Even after being destroyed by mouse and keyboard players for the millionth time. :lol:

and why you need to be all personal all of a sudden? I have a very good PC, an xbox360, and a PS3. Why you feel the urge to call unknown people kids?

I'm 26 years old with a full time job.

And most of all a

Gamer

The so called "normal" ppl whos only enjoyment in life is to go into a pub with "friends" and drink alcohol till one of you gets sick, already keep calling us Gamers: Nerds/NoLifers/Antisocial/Etc...

It saddens me that all i see is that our "little" group called Gamers broke into 3 parts (xbox fan/ps fan/pc fan). Why and how did this happen? Are you jealous that you can't afford all of it? Maybe you have some mentality issues who can't accept that little fact that by a chance your opinion is not superior to others?

At the end of the day we are all the same... Gamers

PS.: calling others kids is just so yesterdays... try to come up with something unique. you're just being unoriginal... an unoriginal guy whos not smart enough to have his own thoughts.

Edited by MostlyPanda
  • Like 27

Some people are just born absolute arseholes, Unfortunatly you are one of them. Ive said this many times, If you dont use a controller or never intend to, Then piss off and play the game like you enjoy, leave others to do the same. Moron !

• Like 7

and why you need to be all personal all of a sudden? I have a very good PC, an xbox360, and a PS3. Why you feel the urge to call unknown people kids?

I'm 26 years old with a full time job.

And most of all a

Gamer

The so called "normal" ppl whos only enjoyment in life is to go into a pub with "friends" and drink alcohol till one of you gets sick, already keep calling us Gamers: Nerds/NoLifers/Antisocial/Etc...

It saddens me that all i see is that our "little" group called Gamers broke into 3 parts (xbox fan/ps fan/pc fan). Why and how did this happen? Are you jealous that you can't afford all of it? Maybe you have some mentality issues who can't accept that little fact that by a chance your opinion is not superior to others?

At the end of the day we are all the same... Gamers

PS.: calling others kids is just so yesterdays... try to come up with something unique. you're just being unoriginal... an unoriginal guy whos not smart enough to have his own thoughts.

I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.

Some people are just born absolute arseholes, Unfortunatly you are one of them. Ive said this many times, If you dont use a controller or never intend to, Then piss off and play the game like you enjoy, leave others to do the same. Moron !

I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?

• Like 1

If only you posted this before I tried the in-game settings for a controller. I've gotten used to PC gaming now and probably won't go back to using a controller on it. The only time that I feel the need to use a controller is driving a car. Nice guide either way.

• Like 1

I enjoy using the controller for a few games.

I played WoW on a Xbox controller, I might try this.

It just comes down to what feel the most conformable. For me, sitting on the couch playing on my T.V with my wireless Xbox controller and headset is relaxing. My Big o' Lazy boy and controller.

Yes I now I am more accurate, and it is less of a hassle sometimes using a K&M, but in the end, you play for enjoyment, so I do what I feel will give me the most enjoyment.

• Like 4

You don't read very well, do you?

Awesome idea! im going to check it out to see if it works :)

I love how offended "PC Gamers" get when controllers are mentioned. It's almost as if they are threatened by them?? :D

I definitely wouldn't play Day Z with an Xbox Controller, but could care less if others decide to. The fact is, there are tons of people out there who are more comfortable with a controller than they are k/m. Not a big deal what so ever.

What is a big deal however, is that the OP clearly took a lot of time to put this little guide together, and looks to have done a fantastic job. It's people like you who make game communities better! So bravo and enjoy the beans! :):)

• Like 8

I've been wanting to do this for so long I've got used to keyboard and mouse now. Not sure I'd want to change back but thanks for posting. It's such a MASSIVE jump from controller to keyboard I'm sure it will be useful to someone. :)

Edited by DazTroyer

I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.

.....I'm kind of shocked you replied...more surprised you replied with that.. wait...Did you just google for comebacks?... :huh:

• Like 4

Hey Mucwa , I also had problems getting xpadder to recognise Monte87`s config , so i tried yours and it works fine on my desktop but ingame it just wont recognise it , i have tried changeing the controller options to " custom controller " and back to " controller with scheme " . but no luck . the only scheme that works is the basic 360 controller . any help would be greatly appreciated .

I love how offended "PC Gamers" get when controllers are mentioned. It's almost as if they are threatened by them?? :D

well, i get why...

most triple a shooter titles of the last years have been designed around gamepads. that in itself isn't much of a big deal. but the fact that those games get (badly) ported onto pc and represent the majority of succesful titles makes ppl react rather "allergically" when someone "threatens" their pc games which such a thing...

i grew up with doom, quake and ut and i'm sure games like those don't get made anymore, because they wouldn't be the huge successes that modern console ports are in comparison (they would be huge successes compared to quake etc, but that doen't seem to count when the industry only cares about shareholder value)...

todays shooters have become so slow and ppl blame it on gamepads...kinda...

BUT:

i can perfectly understand that somneone wants to use a pad due to disability or other circumstances which the op mentioned...so...whatever...

just my 2 cents...

Thing is, players who use controllers for PC games like these are pretty much all casual players or just plain noobs. So it's their own choice, who cares. More easy pvp kills for us right?

(Also I lolled at the guy on page one who said he played WoW with a controller, definitely don't want to be with him in a group, lol)

Haha speechless.