domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Hello DomiStyle.

I have a problem and i hope i will find some help here. Since a few weeks i am using DaRT tool to manage my DayZ SA servers. For any reason the DaRT tool will not showing me any bans. Normaly i just manage my banns via my ban.txt in my ACP ( my servers hosted at Vilayer). So i am just using players steam ID´s to bann Hackers or Cheaters.

A few days ago i made a mistake banning a wrong player via DaRT. He ofc is not listed in my ban.txt at Vilayer´s ACP. I tried to check his bann but i cant unban him becuase as i said no bans showing up in my DaRT tool.

Any idea how i can unban him (i already wrote a ticket to Vilayer ofc) or better how to get my DaRT tool working correct (showing bans)?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards .. ... 

*DayZ4All

DaRT currently does not support DayZ SA. Everything that is working is by pure accident.

I will start working on an SA version as soon as server files are released.

Been using DarT for a long time now and its a great tool.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to skin it?  It is this bright white that tends to hurt my eyes.   Would be great,  thx

There is no way to style DaRT itself. However, DaRT will automatically adapt to any Windows style changes. (including custom themes)

Here is an example:

dark.png

Ola DomiStyle,

Thank for the tool. Great stuff.

Just a request or heads-up. And maybe this has been noted before.

When I want to add a comment on a ban list items/player GUID, the comment appears on the Player Database list.

Is this by desing?

And I must say that I use it on a DayZ server atm.

Cheers,

Edited by Ice.

Hello

Yeah DaRT is working on DayZ SA but you´re right its far away from working perfect. Beside this its usefull for something related to DayZ SA tho like sending PM, Global PM, checking players ecc. I would suggest NOTusing it for ban players atm.

Anyways its a great tool. You did an awesome job here. Can´t wait till server files are out and you will working on a SA version :)

Thank you very much.

Kinda Regards .. .. 

*DayZ4All

Hey and thanks for a nice tool.

Is it not possible to ban both GUID and IP at the same time?

If not, any plans on adding it as a feature?

Thanks

@vinyljunkie i believe DomiStyle said before that would be possible in a new version.

Anyways i have another small suggestion for DaRT: 

Add ability to set comments on your 'Saved Hosts'. IE. IP PORT PASSWORD - DayZ Vanilla server 1

I think this would be a neat small thing to have especially for people that have many servers, eventhough you should be able to tell from the IP:PORT but this would make it even easier. ;)

Edited by Markokil321

I have a few admins on my server complaining that DaRT no longer works.  One admin all he did was move his PC from one room to another and plugged everything back in; it just crashes and does not even start up.  Another admin, DaRT just crashes everytime he tries to log into the server.   He even did a clean install yet this problem still occurs.

This is his crash:

DaRT v2
Time of crash: 4/6/2015 12:46:06 PM
Total used memory: 38 MB / 5226 MB
Threads: 16
---------- Error ----------
The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
---------- StackTrace ----------
   at http://System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
   at http://System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
   at http://System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
   at DaRT.GUImain.thread_Connect()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

On another note, are you updating DaRT anytime soon? I would love to see multiple server support, like tabs for different servers.

Thank you so much for DaRT!  If it helps to speed up the update process, I would not mind donating.

Edited by tecknotot

Can you guys read Server Filters ? I checked all, some, none, inserted name in custom, reload scripts / events ..

but never showed me the server filters ..

this is a arma 3 server ... the filters are in root/arma3/battleye/*:*

probably because program is trying to get filters from another folder in default ? Doesnt make sense because bans file are in same folder than filters and they work just fine.

Anyone with same problem or im missing something ? 

Thanks

Olahttp://System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)

at http://System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)

at http://System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

On another note, are you updating DaRT anytime soon? I would love to see multiple server support, like tabs for different servers.

Thank you so much for DaRT!  If it helps to speed up the update process, I would not mind donating.

Can you try deleting the %localappdata%/DomiStyle folder and check if it works again?

I would love to implement tabs for DaRT but I currently do not have the spare time to make such a big change. Sorry.

Maybe once server files for standalone are released and I start playing DayZ again.

Can you guys read Server Filters ? I checked all, some, none, inserted name in custom, reload scripts / events ..

but never showed me the server filters ..

this is a arma 3 server ... the filters are in root/arma3/battleye/*:*

probably because program is trying to get filters from another folder in default ? Doesnt make sense because bans file are in same folder than filters and they work just fine.

Anyone with same problem or im missing something ? 

Thanks

What do you mean exactly?

Logging to RCon needs to be set in the filters in order for filter logs to show up on DaRT.

Also, it needs to be enabled in DaRTs filter settings.

I do however strongly advise against logging to RCon if your server is already at full capacity.

• Like 1

Logging to RCon needs to be set in the filters in order for filter logs to show up on DaRT.

Also, it needs to be enabled in DaRTs filter settings.

I do however strongly advise against logging to RCon if your server is already at full capacity.

Ah do you mean #login "pass" in DART console ?

I just wanted to check some setpos and createvehicle log because im trying to tuning up my filters.

But ill keep in mind your advise, i dont want to compromise server performance

thank you

Edited by defused

Any chance of adding a live display of the admin kill logs into dart?

Hi DomiStyle, I'm hoping you might be able to help, please. One of our Admins is having trouble with DaRT. Every time he tries to connect to our server, it crashes immediately. We have tried deleting the %app....% /DomiStyle folder, redownloaded DaRT, run it as administrator, compatibility mode for Win 7 and XP, Downloaded the folder to a different path as some people found that fixed the issue..... But nothing worked.

Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks man

Any chance of adding a live display of the admin kill logs into dart?

Hi DomiStyle, I'm hoping you might be able to help, please. One of our Admins is having trouble with DaRT. Every time he tries to connect to our server, it crashes immediately. We have tried deleting the %app....% /DomiStyle folder, redownloaded DaRT, run it as administrator, compatibility mode for Win 7 and XP, Downloaded the folder to a different path as some people found that fixed the issue..... But nothing worked.

Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks man

Does DaRT show any error messages?

I'll find out and let you know.

Edited by euphoria4949

In DayZ Standalone they recently added a DayzAdmin log that includes connections and a kill log. IE

14:13:19 | Player "Gum Bear"(id=blah de blah) has been killed by player "iRosco"(id=blah de blah)

Is there a way DarT can see these kill logs and display them in a separate tab for ease of viewing?

Thanks

In DayZ Standalone they recently added a DayzAdmin log that includes connections and a kill log. IE

14:13:19 | Player "Gum Bear"(id=blah de blah) has been killed by player "iRosco"(id=blah de blah)

Is there a way DarT can see these kill logs and display them in a separate tab for ease of viewing?

Thanks

DaRT does not support the DayZ Standalone officially yet.

It also won't until proper RCon support is implemented and server files are released for everyone.

Its possible to disable the user flags ? 

They are a nice feature but they lag me a bit the hard drive everytime i refresh player list

Feedback

Feel free to post any feedback in this thread.

I will read it all.

Especially feedback about DaRTBans is very appreciated.

Beans go to both of them.

Hey man, love DaRT. For some reason, it keeps crashing every time I open it. To close it I have to open task manager and power quit it. Below is the crash report. Is there anything I or you can do to fix it? I have 600 bans in the list and absolutely need it to run my MPGS servers as they don't have an internal ban list. Thanks and talk to you soon!

---------- Info ----------
DaRT v2
Time of crash: 5/21/2015 9:36:35 AM
Total used memory: 16 MB / 13762 MB
Threads: 9
Configuration system failed to initialize
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at DaRT.Properties.Settings.get_UpgradeConfig()
   at DaRT.GUImain..ctor(String version)
   at DaRT.Program.Main(String[] args)

@Weyland

I had a similar problem and DomiStyle replied with a fix just in the previous page..

Try to navigate to %localappdata% and delete a folder called DomiStyle.

It should resolve the issues you mentioned. Sorry for the trouble.

Edited by Markokil321

Hey. I want to connect on a Server..i cant..the reason is: Banned by Dart 

I tell the admins for this Problem they say to me: Sorry we cant find you on our list..

can u unban me please? 

MY GUID: 621f59c4a9ad2f2ea6287becec8dd789

I need help with the DaRT Rcon Tool.

I have no idea what happened. The first day it was working fine then the next day when i go to reopen it, it crashes and wont open.

I have tried Re-downloading it from this website and others.

here is what it says 

DaRT v2
Time of crash: 6/29/2015 9:21:28 PM
Total used memory: 19 MB / 5047 MB
Threads: 13
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)

Can anyone help me? Please get back to me if someone has a answer or solution!
Thanks for helping.

I need help with DaRT V2.0 it crashes every time i try to connect to my server

DaRT v2
Time of crash: 18.07.2015 00:30:54
Total used memory: 26 MB / 5012 MB
Threads: 15
Der angeforderte Name ist gültig, es wurden jedoch keine Daten des angeforderten Typs gefunden
   at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
   at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
   at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext

It would be really nice if you could tell me how to fix it :)

Thanks

I need help with DaRT V2.0 it crashes every time i try to connect to my server

DaRT v2

Time of crash: 18.07.2015 00:30:54

Total used memory: 26 MB / 5012 MB

Threads: 15

Der angeforderte Name ist gültig, es wurden jedoch keine Daten des angeforderten Typs gefunden

at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)

at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)

at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext

It would be really nice if you could tell me how to fix it :)

Thanks

What is the IP/host you are trying to connect to?

I need help with the DaRT Rcon Tool.

I have no idea what happened. The first day it was working fine then the next day when i go to reopen it, it crashes and wont open.

I have tried Re-downloading it from this website and others.

here is what it says 

DaRT v2

Time of crash: 6/29/2015 9:21:28 PM

Total used memory: 19 MB / 5047 MB

Threads: 13

Can anyone help me? Please get back to me if someone has a answer or solution!

Thanks for helping.

Please take a look at the posts above you.

You will need to move your installation or delete the configuration folder.