TheGantoo

Regular Arma II: Operation Arrowhead.

Yeah same problem here, I want to be able to Play Arma II, which I can, Arma II OA, which I can't, and DayZ, which I can.

I want to be able to play all three, yet whenever I run OA all I get is the DayZ screen.

Fastest fix: Install the latest Arma2OA beta, and look in your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder. Installing the beta should drop a shortcut named "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" in there. Copy it to your desktop, and use that to launch Arma 2 OA.

Or the longer road...

If there's no shortcut, you can make your own. You need to know where your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead is installed before you start. Let's call that your "[OA Folder Path]".

For Steam on 64bit Windows, the OA Folder Path is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

Right-click your windows desktop, and choose New > Shortcut. You'll be asked to type the location of the item. Point it at your [OA folder Path]\arma2oa.exe

For example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe"

Click Next, give your new shortcut a name, then Finish.

We're not quite done... you probably should add the Arma2 beta patch, since most servers want it and you have it installed anyway.

Right-click the shortcut you made and choose Properties. Click the Shortcut tab.

Select the tail end of the text in the target box.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\
arma2oa.exe"

Delete arma2oa.exe". Replace it with: \Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

It should look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

Pay attention to the quote marks. There is one before C:\ at the start, and one after arma2oa.exe in the middle. There are no quote marks around -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

Check the "Start in" box still points to your OA Folder Path, not to the \Expansion\beta folder. Then click OK, you're done.

If everything worked you can now use that shortcut to run Arma2OA.

If you have any problems or get confused, first make sure you install the Arma2OA beta patch and then post your OA Folder Path below. I'll send you back the exact text you should put in the "Target" and "Start In" boxes.

But when you install dayz, everytime you run OA, you only get DayZ right?

NO!

You can play OA just fine, but you need to open the game WITHOUT the launch parameters (that open DayZ). Just remove your launch parameters from steam, open the game, go to the expansions tab and untick DayZ and restart. This way you can access OA.

Sadly this does not work for me. In fact - nothing does. I tried:

1. Rename @DayZ folder

2. Delete @DayZ folder

3. run the following shortcut:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

Start in: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

No matter what I do,DayZ is loaded and I am unable to play single player OA or CO.

Brutal!

Short of uninstalling Arma 2: OA completely and reinstalling it without DayZ I am at a loss.

Current Beta: 96061

NO!

You can play OA just fine, but you need to open the game WITHOUT the launch parameters (that open DayZ). Just remove your launch parameters from steam, open the game, go to the expansions tab and untick DayZ and restart. This way you can access OA.

Wrong! I just got this problem tonight. Last night i had no problems. Now, DayZ loads no matter what. I've removed all parameters, @dayz folder, etc etc. AND STILL, dayz loads some how. Im at a total loss here.

***UPDATE****

Ok, i just figured out the problem.

In your OA directory, there is an addons folder. Either move, delete, or rename it and you'll get single player mode back. Im at a total loss as to why DayZ will load without setting the launch parameters.

Edited by Zilla

If Dayz PBO's (or any other) have been added to the main ArmA 2 addons folder, the base game is corrupt.

All modifications should use the recommended @modename + addons folder method.

Guides for Steam & other builds...

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq

I use ArmAII Launcher to mix & match different mods...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

It works and has done so for many years...

Why don't you just use Play withSix and select OA as the "mod" and launch it from there? I don't have Steam and have a desktop icon with OA (and another for A2) so I can't really relate.

I had this problem too, so all I did was move

1) move all my expansions out of my OA directory

2) launched the game, closed the game

3) and then moved all the expansions back in

When I launched the game again it was using the default expansions, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Private military Company, and British armed forces (lite), basically it was back to the state when I first launched the game originally, so just try dat