657 posts in this topic

Hey there. I wonder if there is anyone out there who likes to make art. This can be painting, drawing, digital art, photography, wood craving, sculpture, etc. Whether you are the next great artist or just doodled something during class, I'm pretty sure we would love to see what you've made.

I guess I'll share you some of my attempts at art.

IMG_00892.jpg

IMG_00961.jpg

Both of them are oil paintings. The first is a self-portrait attempt, the second is a portrait of a friend of mine.

OrLoK, McBonkhead, sausagekingofchicago and 6 others gave beans to this

Hello!

Oil Paints are really cool, nice colours used in the second one, and nice work on the dress, looks good!

Good luck with your painting more.

My6ly.jpg

This is a digital painting i'm just having a go at, it's been a while, but i've recently started working on it again.

OrLoK, Deathlove, Thick Bear and 9 others gave beans to this

Yeah, I really liked the dress. It's one of the things I like about the painting.

As far as your work. it's pretty good. I definitely like the shadows and wrinkles on the face. I've attempted at digital paint a few times and I couldn't get that into it. Though, I do like the undo button.

Great paintings guys! I'm not a painter, I tried learning with watercolour but gave up since I just couldn't get any technique right. Below is my attempt at a tree. I watched a youtube video to learn how to paint it but when I tried other things, I wasn't happy so stopped. Maybe I'll try again later on. I scanned this in that's why you can see the photoshop tools.

The second image was drawn on paper with pencil then scanned and coloured digitally. Don't really like how I did her head but I do like how I did the clothes.

photoud.png

52435353.jpg

McBonkhead, Deathlove, madhellsing and 6 others gave beans to this

Water colours are beautiful, I'm sure, with practise, you could get a really good technique for them!

Nice work Nyla.

Nyla gave beans to this

Water colours are beautiful, I'm sure, with practise, you could get a really good technique for them!

Nice work Nyla.

Thanks so much Mayuyu. Yeah I have seen really beautiful paintings done with watercolour.

While I'm here, I'll post something that would interest the females members more. For a while I played around with make up.

4eyemakeup.jpg

I do a bit of (bad) photography when I get time, which isn't often lol. I just try to capture the beauty of nature without too much Photoshop, i'm still trying to capture that perfect sunset hmmm...

These were mostly taken on Dartmoor which I live close to, Cornwall and Somerset.

10o1tmg.jpg

6iv5dt.jpg

dbt8r9.jpg

okn8rp.jpg

2enaujn.jpg

1zgq8hl.jpg

10oikwi.jpg

2q8blmq.jpg

5vq5j6.jpg

Edited by Dr Cheese
Mayuyu, OrLoK, Thick Bear and 9 others gave beans to this

Nice oil paintings RegulatorNobody, I tried paints in art class during my highschool years but it never felt as natural as the good old pencil and paper combo...

I just set up my Deviantart account, heres a link. not much there yet.

http://olisonera.deviantart.com/

RegulatorNobody, hollenfeuer88, Deathlove and 3 others gave beans to this

Those are some pretty good drawings. I myself prefer good old fashion pencil and paper just because I am really comfortable with drawing.

Wow, awesome stuff, keep it coming i'd love to see more.

Is anyone on here on deviantart? If so, check out some of my stuff (i'm an amateur photographer) and follow me and ill do the same to you. http://parttimecowboy.deviantart.com

Also if you're not on deviantart but are an artist/photographer/writer, you should really check it out

OrLoK gave beans to this

Hello there

wow, good stuff you lot, very impressive! I'm almost embarressed to let you see mine. But anyhoo...

Perhaps you can help me with this image. Be aware it's HD size.

m5oncarbw.jpg

It's just not quite right, can any of you assist to enhance it? it just feels off, but I cannot think of what to do. Can you help?

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
JonEllisDee, Deathlove, McBonkhead and 2 others gave beans to this

Orlok that's an awesome image. I wouldn't go mad enhancing it. I think some really simple techniques could make it pop. I'd add a splash of colour in the backgruond (just some simple hues), something really simple and then use some blurring techniques or a cheeky lens flare (a better one) to enhance it.

Edit - Also I think it may be the actual composition you're finding a bit off. If the head was moved towards the left of the screen so that we had more of a view to the right it'd maybe sit a bit better.

Edited by Fraggle
sausagekingofchicago gave beans to this

Hullo there,

Points taken!

I didn't want to overdo the lens flare as they're so over requested, but i'll give it a go and I'll slide the camera over as suggested.

Thanks for the assist.

Rgds

LoK

Fraggle (DayZ) and McBonkhead gave beans to this

Yeah it looks good so far, just changing the composition as Fraggle said could help out. Maybe a bit of blurring or a slight vignette too? Really nice model, did you make that yourself? Nice 3d work!

As for myself, i've managed to almost finish my portrait, it's changed a lot:

B3U8a.jpg

Second version was made for my artclass diary of editing an image into the style of one of your favourite artists:

cz7wd.png

Damnyourdeadman, fluxley, OrLoK and 2 others gave beans to this

Hello there,

My model? well, yes and no. It's a heavily tweaked Poser model, I wanted him good looking but not perfect, hence the broken nose etc. I don't like to spend more than an hour or two on any image.

I dont have a real artistic bone in my body!

Your art is splendid indeed.

Rgds

LoK

I used to be into oil painting and printed art, but haven't be active for the last couple of years. Lately I've begun thinking about getting back into it again.

The three first are quick photoshop drafts for a acrylic painting assignment.

wqo3lu.jpg

2mga5jl.jpg

jzxhk1.png

34t1z6e.jpg

Mayuyu, McBonkhead, sula and 5 others gave beans to this