zq7

'new' bandit skin is terribad..

Dayz=Chenarus where we run around with British and American weapons and drink American soda and eat American canned foods and now run around with Taliban head wraps.I know its alpha but they need to start giving the Dayz world a background that is believable.Quick google search of Russian terrorist gives

http://english.people.com.cn/90002/91786/6238452.html

the bandit system is slawed. if someone shoots at you and missed and you kill him then that is classed as a murder. if he shoots at you and hits you but does not kill you and you kill him thats classed as self defence. and you will not get bandit skin. the attacker has to hit you before its classed as self defence.

the bandit system is slawed. if someone shoots at you and missed and you kill him then that is classed as a murder. if he shoots at you and hits you but does not kill you and you kill him thats classed as self defence. and you will not get bandit skin. the attacker has to hit you before its classed as self defence.

I think.....you need to kill bandits and lots of them.If you then do murder a person who is not yet a bandit you will still have so much humanity points that you will stay a hero.If your a bandit then just murder other bandits to raise you back to the good side.

I think people that murder a hero should get twice the punishment so that they get double the negative humanity points and maybe another negative thrown into the mix.

I never understood the argument that Bandit skins were not realistic. It took 2 or 3 kills to get the bandit skin, so there is room for honest self defence.

I am a bit suspicious of those who "need" to kill more than 2 non-bandits in self defence.

Edited by eightiesmullet

Bandits will still be bandits, people with camo will still be killed on sight, There will still be bandits disguised as common survivors/heroes... Unrealistic and pointless. I guess it'll stop all the QQ on the forums at least.

Rocket is a grief mastermind you know whining about bandit will never stop and now he has all the bandit tears as well so actually QQ doubled I guess the moar tears the better :D.

(ps. nothing as sweet as tears of l33t pvprs)

Edited by Knollte

How many people talking about realism and how important it is to stick to only groups you can trust have organized groups with their friends over Skype and through internet forums?

Yeah?

Leave this discussion. Leave now.

• Like 1

Better make levels of humanity.

Just for example:

Bandits.

You become a bandit and from

-1 till - 250 u have Skin (Noob bandit)

-251 till -999 u have Skin (Bandit)

-1000+ u have Skin (Pro Bandit)

Survivor

+1 till +250 u have standart Skin

+251 till +999 u have Skin

1000+ skin

• Like 1

u guys just love to bitch about everything dont you

just play the god damn game seriously who cares about how u look

1. if you dont care then dont say anything

2. Vanity

Better make levels of humanity.

Just for example:

Bandits.

You become a bandit and from

-1 till - 250 u have Skin (Noob bandit)

-251 till -999 u have Skin (Bandit)

-1000+ u have Skin (Pro Bandit)

Survivor

+1 till +250 u have standart Skin

+251 till +999 u have Skin

1000+ skin

tried in game stuff, your numbers are too easy to reach, if you transfuse you gain 220 humanity, put bigger numbers, a murder makes you lose 2200 humanity

So... By killing people in self defense, I get labeled a bandit. Yeah, I get that it fucks with your humanity, but what should I do? Just sit there and let the person shooting at me kill me? I don't see why, in a game that is supposed to be almost all player choices while in the game, I should be forced to wear something, even if it looks good. If you all play the way you seem to be saying it should be here, all bandits would be shot on sight, while survivors and heroes would be all fine and dandy. Wouldn't killing a bandit fuck with your humanity, too? Hell, the zombies. They're not actually zombies. They are INFECTED PEOPLE. They're still people. How is shooting the infected any different from shooting a survivor or bandit trying to kill you? And the way humanity is now, you don't know if they just got the skin from defending themselves, or just being douchenozzles and killing everyone they see. But, the above doesn't even matter. Because everyone still kills on sight, regardless of skin. I don't kill people unless they shoot first. Hell, in the entire time I've been playing the game, (About a month now) I've only killed 3 people. The skins don't do shit. In all honesty, I'd probably trust someone with a bandit skin more than the others. Everyone else will be working to look like they're not a bandit, and still KoS. I still get shot on sight by everyone I come around. The skins don't work to achieve the goal they were meant to. Instead, they just piss off the people forced to wear them, regardless of whether or not they kill other players for fun, or in self defense. And before you guys say (Again) to just put on a ghillie suit or whatever, keep in mind that, while playing legit (Not duping, or cheating to get your shit) It's actually really fucking hard to find other suits to wear, when not killing people.

TL;DR

Skins don't do what they are intended to do, and instead just annoy most of the people forced to don them.

Also, I hate you.

Message to Devs/Rocket (Hopefully this will get read.)

Is it possible to get an answer on humanity? What is the point of these skins at the moment? Is it just to see if they work well, or are received well in the community? Is it to expand further on the humanity system? If it's to try and work out kinks like those above, then personally, I can get over it.

And a suggestion:

Keep the skins but make them optional, and perhaps later down the line, adding more for higher and lower humanity. For example, if I get enough negative humanity to unlock the bandit headgear currently implemented, don't force me to wear it, but give me an option to put it on/take it off. With more options added, you could end up with an entire outfit based on your humanity, but it won't be pissing off players. At least, the reasonable ones.

And, anyone who's going to say "But the hero optional skins look cool! I want it, but I can't/don't want/refuse to do what it takes to be able to wear it! Give it to me now, it's not fair!" It would be exactly the same as it is now, only you're not forced to wear it, so get over yourself and work for it if you want it.

Edit:May make a poll for this, to try and give an idea of the amount of people on the forums who agree and disagree with the idea, so you have less comments to sift through to get an opinion on whether or not it should be implemented, if it's something you're already thinking of adding, or decided to think about from my (or another's, if they posted it first) suggestion here.

Edited by Dartendal

TL;DR

Skins [...] just annoy most of the people forced to don them.

Also, I hate you.

Wait...so the people who annoy everyone else are annoyed at being identified as people who annoy everyone?

dcceT.gif

Anyway, there are already polls on this if you look around. People who want to remove bandit skins are losing (of course).

• Like 2

No, we need MORE indicators, guys with guilie suits and bandits that find civilian clothing can stay neutral looking as it is. If bandits want to play unrealistically, they get an unrealistic label. Case closed. Worried about getting a skin from self-defence? Just another risk to consider in the DayZ universe.

Yes and obviously nothing is better to "hide" your identity than something that clearly identifies oneself as a bandit.

Are you people even thinking this through or are you just raging that someone shot you in cherno?

The "prob" is that the system determining who becomes a bandit and who doesn't is deeply flawed.

I became a Bandit once for surviving 5 attempts on my life in the first 70 minutes of a freshly spawned character. Obviously because I was better/more lucky than my attackers (who funnily enough weren't designated as bandits) and was able to end them, before they could end me I was rewarded with being a bandit.

This is not working as intended and if it is - its stupid.

You people might rejoice at first, but this will in no way at all affect the Cherno whores and stop them from sniping you. it will just ensure that people that aren't bandits by community definition will become rewarded for fighting off a few attackers with DayZ's own official KOS-Tag.

This needs to be adressed before there are any stupid, immersion breaking magical indicators whatsoever.

You are deeply flawed, yes, as a person. Rocket reintroduced the concept because he was RIGHT the first time & c--ts like you whinged just like this... Edited by dystopeon

If you run around killing everyone like an arse, you can wear a nappy/diaper on your head.

what happens tho if a bandit wears a gillie suit? does the mask go ontop of that also? or vanish

why not make it so your ?honour? points carry on even if you die?

so that newly killed bandits will still be a bandit, and killing them in self defence will still be honourable.

and people who want to change can still make a new character and play good with that one.. so no big deal there

yeah you just cant see your humanity anymore but its still in play. which is why you still get bandit kills and murders. every murder is a hero and every bandit is a bandit kill. thing is that you get so many hero kills now because there are so many hackers online killing everyone so now its pretty much mostly hackers killing people and not legit players killing other legit players. meaning the hackers are all bandits

How many people talking about realism and how important it is to stick to only groups you can trust have organized groups with their friends over Skype and through internet forums?

Yeah?

Leave this discussion. Leave now.

Why does it matter where/how people group up? Is it because they used methods of communication that would not be available IG in DayZ or after SHTF? I don't think that makes any sense, people are playing within groups of trusted friends or within large organized groups with defined leadership structures like clans. Both of these types of groups would be prevelant and successfull in any disaster scenario, I think people who are to lazy to join such a group, or don't have people to play with are just butt hurt that they don't have a group.

I don't see why people think that you must be able to spontaneously group up with players in game and think that mechanics must be implemented to force this to be possible. Encounters with strangers will always be dangerous because you are never safe and a player has the ability to end another players life nearly instantly. Skins won't change this all they do is give people a false indicator to judge people on, it has been explained many times on this and other threads how counter systems do not work for tracking humanity.

If you run around killing everyone like an arse, you can wear a nappy/diaper on your head.

And that will have no effect on people running around killing people or people without said "nappy/diaper" killing each other. If you think you're somehow going to get more of a TDM experiance you're wrong, and your wrong for wanting DayZ to be a grand two sided TDM. Its you and the number of people you want/need/trust against the world.

Edited by xXI Mr Two IXx
  • Like 1