javigildd

Will it run? DayZ on a Macbook Pro BootCamp

Hey guys, I have a question and i hope you could answer it.

Look, I have a Macbook Pro (mid'2011) with this specs:

2,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

And I'm thinking in Bootcamp to Windows 7 my computer to run DayZ on it, but I'm not sure if it will work well, so thats the question:

Will DayZ run well on my computer with Windows 7 and this specs?

Thank you!

Short answer, no.

Ok, I'm waiting for a better answer, telling me why it will not work fine.

With an integrated graphics card? Haha, no. Not in a million years. It gives dedicated SLI setups a beating. Yours won't stand a chance.

It might. Just keep your graphics to a low and keep a bigass fan near it.

Edited by Lttankor7

You might be able to log ingame, then immediately crash.. integrated graphics on a laptop could barely run a word document.

You will get about 40Fps max and about an average of 35 fps...

You should download the demo and try to play it on there and test it out.... Who knows? Maybe it will be playable.

If you do decide to then have low visibility and low graphics on.

You will get about 40Fps max and about an average of 35 fps...

You should download the demo and try to play it on there and test it out.... Who knows? Maybe it will be playable.

35 FPS is more than playable.

Arma 2 doesn't really require a beefy GPU if you have a CPU to make up for it. Go ahead and try, OP. Don't use A2 Free to try, though, since that's a gimped version that runs on a potato.

35 FPS is more than playable.

Arma 2 doesn't really require a beefy GPU if you have a CPU to make up for it. Go ahead and try, OP. Don't use A2 Free to try, though, since that's a gimped version that runs on a potato.

The only problem with that is that it can sometimes bounce to 25 which will make it look slow motion ( happened with my old hamming PC)

I have a new MacBook Pro Retina Display running the latest build of Windows 8, Arma 2:CO and DayZ.

Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead run great with high settings. The game is fluid and beautiful. However, DayZ is so choppy that it is unplayable, even with all the settings at their lowest values the game just doesn't work.

Hey guys, I have a question and i hope you could answer it.

Look, I have a Macbook Pro (mid'2011) with this specs:

2,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

And I'm thinking in Bootcamp to Windows 7 my computer to run DayZ on it, but I'm not sure if it will work well, so thats the question:

Will DayZ run well on my computer with Windows 7 and this specs?

Thank you!

Don't listen to them. I run it on mine. No its not a gaming PC, but it will still run on low settings, which still look good. no worries. upgrading RAM may help though.

Again I am wondering how you make it run on such a machine. I tried it on a buddys notebook which has a decent i5 and a GT 640M together with 6gigs of RAM.

So this has a dedicated graphics card, not onboard with shared memory.

What should I say... yes if you crank the resolution down to 720p and all the graphic settings to their bare minimum, it actually runs somewhat fluid.

If you like pre-2000 looks and an effective view range of 50 meters, have fun.

I never disrespect other people's hardware or PC budget, but native monitor resolution, medium details and stable 30+ fps is what I think of the minimum to ENJOY a FPS game.

And you cannot get that from integrated graphics. Mobile graphics could do the trick, but real gaming laptops come with fullHD displays and that limits the FPS a lot.

edit: Why is this thread in the "suggestions"?

Edited by melaw

yse

im just another Canadian player
Edited by Thumper1999

Sorry but it will not.

bootcamp already cuts down half the performance of the latest macbook pro will barely run it. This is do to the very very high resolution of the screen.

If you do not feel like building your own PC to run it, check out http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ 

There you can find a good pc that will be able to run it for around 500-600$

Cheers!