Outline

Friendly mode

Because it will be boring.

Zombies are not a threat without also having the players.

So don't use it.

Just because you guys wouldn't use it doesn't mean that the dev shouldn't take 10 minutes to add a no friendly fire mode where players have to work cooperatively. I think it would phase in the newbies, attract a LOT more players, and ease people in. Along with supporting those who simply prefer to play without players.

Saying 'No' at this point is you just being a stuck up ass. It would take Rocket literally like 15 minutes to code the servers to have a FF flag, and it would open up play that a huge portion of the community would love.

Me and my friend have found a secret little server that rarely have above 10 people. We've barely encountered players and it's been the most fun we've had playing a game in a while. However when we played on populated servers before, we were constantly getting in fights with people and sniped/shot randomly out of nowhere. It ruined the fun and the experience. We'll get bored of no pvp eventually and go back to full servers, but the option definitely needs to officially be there.

If Rocket did it he would be boosting a huge portion of the community .

Garbage. This mod is about surviving while facing both sides.... zombies AND other survivors (bandits). You want to play pve only? Try Left for Dead.

Left for dead is nothing like DayZ.

• Like 1

So don't use it.

Just because you guys wouldn't use it doesn't mean that the dev shouldn't take 10 minutes to add a no friendly fire mode where players have to work cooperatively. I think it would phase in the newbies, attract a LOT more players, and ease people in. Along with supporting those who simply prefer to play without players.

Saying 'No' at this point is you just being a stuck up ass. It would take Rocket literally like 15 minutes to code the servers to have a FF flag, and it would open up play that a huge portion of the community would love.

Right, and approximately 4 days after this is introduced, everybody in it has got the best possible gear they could want, and then the forum whines start, 'Rocket! There's no endgame! There's nothing to do!'

Please people, can you use the search function before posting.

Or even just use your scroll wheel...

There are countless threads about PvE, survivors vs zombies. Contribute to one of those beofre starting up another thread please.

Also, PvE will never be happening, Rocket (Dean Hall - Developer of DayZ) has stated numerous times that the will be no PVE ever. Not happening.

PvP is a huge core component and driving feature of the game, the game focuses on the social interaction between players whether they are friendly or not.

I have stated this before, if you want PvE go play L4D or dead Island until "The War Z" is released and join one of their PvE Servers.

Stop flooding these forums with PvE nonsense. It will not work for DayZ.

Thank you.

Edited by Riordin

Me and my friend have found a secret little server that rarely have above 10 people. We've barely encountered players and it's been the most fun we've had playing a game in a while. However when we played on populated servers before, we were constantly getting in fights with people and sniped/shot randomly out of nowhere. It ruined the fun and the experience. We'll get bored of no pvp eventually and go back to full servers, but the option definitely needs to officially be there.

If a game bores you why do you play it?

Why is it so hard to understand that it radically changes the game at it's core?

I'm just trying to survive the horror of zombies and murderous shit for brains.

A perfect analog for real life! *joke*

Edited by BioHaze

I can see why people thinks its a bad idea. But you could have a character for PVE and another for PVP.

That's not the issue, why not taking this game for what it is, instead of systematically wanting to have things "your way".

I don't see why there couldn't be a mode for PvE that people could choose to play if they wanted. It's not taking away from the people who want to do "classic" PvP.

No one is talking about forcing people to do it that don't want to.

And as for "ruining the game" and "not how it's meant to be", who are you to say how someone should play or want to play the game?

Edited by MavericK

If a game bores you why do you play it?

He/She didn't say it was boring, they said that they would eventually get bored of no PVP not the whole game.

its funny how its ALWAYS the PVP gank squad telling the PVE players what they can and cant have..

fukn typical..

having a server flag for PVE, in NO way prevents the PVP crowd from haing their own servers..

you play your way and we'll play ours..

obviously PVE servers would preclude you from joining PVP servers later with the same toons, cuz as stated above that would be kinda lame to get the best gear without risk from fellow players..

i have ZERO problems staying on a PVE server forever..

• Like 3

i have ZERO problems staying on a PVE server forever..

Ok, and what do you do on day 5 when you've got all the gear you wanted and the zombies are now no longer a threat?

Ok, and what do you do on day 5 when you've got all the gear you wanted and the zombies are now no longer a threat?

umm well considering ive been playing for weeks and have explored maybe 2% of the map and still lug around my Enfield dinnerbell, i'll let you know when i eventualy get bored.. hows that ???

news flash in a sandbox you make your own entertainment..perhaps you should slow down and enjoy the games content more ??

ps the Zombies are still a huge threat to me as a solo player and i do everything slowly and safely. i routinely run out of food n drink and esp. ammo. dam that dinnerbell, hahah

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 1

Yeah you really think the devs have time to waste having two separate versions of the game?

If it was the other way around, aka DayZ was a PvE game and peoples where whining for having it pvp, we wouldn't be having this discussion since i wouldn't be playing in the first place.

The game is something. This something isn't what you wanted from it. You picked the wrong game.

And as for "ruining the game" and "not how it's meant to be", who are you to say how someone should play or want to play the game?

As has been stated at least twice in this thread already, the creator of DayZ said PvE will not be happening. Quoted below...

Rocket (Dean Hall - Developer of DayZ) has stated numerous times that the will be no PVE ever.

His right to dictate the parameters of the mod comes courtesy of the fact that it's literally his mod. I think that's justifiable claim to dictate how we play his mod, no?

Heck, it's even in the FAQ: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11-faq/

Q: Turn PvP Off?

A: No. PvP is a core part of the DayZ atmosphere and we aren't going to restrict it. Just go inland away from the built up towns along the coast where players spawn.

The rest of us are just echoing the sentiment so that people don't get the erroneous idea that there's no opposition to the idea of PvE DayZ. Most of us love the concept of PvP only because it adds so much to the game, be it blatant or subtle. Most of the awesome effects of DayZ's PvP nature are when you aren't engaged in combat with a player. Just that looming threat and danger when going into a town or hearing a distant gun shot.

As has been stated at least twice in this thread already, the creator of DayZ said PvE will not be happening. Quoted below...

His right to dictate the parameters of the mod comes courtesy of the fact that it's literally his mod. I think that's justifiable claim to dictate how we play his mod, no?

Heck, it's even in the FAQ: http://dayzmod.com/f...?/topic/11-faq/

The rest of us are just echoing the sentiment so that people don't get the erroneous idea that there's no opposition to the idea of PvE DayZ. Most of us love the concept of PvP only because it adds so much to the game, be it blatant or subtle. Most of the awesome effects of DayZ's PvP nature are when you aren't engaged in combat with a player. Just that looming threat and danger when going into a town or hearing a distant gun shot.

rockets statement there is about the dayZ MOD, this post is about the DayZ standalone, which Rocket hasnt said anything offical as to whats gunna be in it or not yet i beleive as its still wayy to early to expect a definite answer as to what styles of gameplay will be supported or excluded.

@Siberian: LOL at "dinner bell" Maybe I'm wrong, but your playstyle looks pretty atypical to me. I've only ever had a military grade weapon in this game twice out of probably 30 lives so far, so we're probably not too far different in how we play.

My point is, if you make a server PvE, now suddenly everybody can group because hey, why not? The content becomes completely trivial. Like many people have said, "Just make the zombies harder." Which means one of two things, either you've got different settings for PvP/PvE or one side or the other suffers from the attempts to balance the other side.

In any case, it doubles the workload (at least) because now instead of providing people a sandbox, you've got to provide them with something to do in it moreso than you do now.

@Siberian: LOL at "dinner bell" Maybe I'm wrong, but your playstyle looks pretty atypical to me. I've only ever had a military grade weapon in this game twice out of probably 30 lives so far, so we're probably not too far different in how we play.

My point is, if you make a server PvE, now suddenly everybody can group because hey, why not? The content becomes completely trivial. Like many people have said, "Just make the zombies harder." Which means one of two things, either you've got different settings for PvP/PvE or one side or the other suffers from the attempts to balance the other side.

In any case, it doubles the workload (at least) because now instead of providing people a sandbox, you've got to provide them with something to do in it moreso than you do now.

who knows but im not sure that everyone would group up.. currently the game as it sits makes it VERY dificult for people to get together unless they have a chance meeting or are willing to run for quite awhile..

im DEF. not for any kind of map warping, i LOVE that you either have to hoof it across the map or get lucky to find a mode of transport..

even in a pure PVE server i would still solo play cuz my style and time constraints make forming up (organized ventures, not impromptu meetings) unlikely and basicly more hassle for everyone involved then it would be worth..

i bet there are TONS and TONS of PVE solo players that still wouldnt group up even on a purely PVE server.. but thats just my opinion wether its true or not, who knows.

hopefully when the standalone ships we'll find out. i'd hate to see this game become TF on a huge Fn map...in order to appeak to the mass market it needs more then just PVP for the sake of PVP.

i just cant wrap my head around any business model that goes to market saying "were only after the few hardcore players mode and nothing more"... in a free MOD, maybe but not in a pay for retail game..

I think this would be a great idea for the standalone version of the game, as it allows players to play how they want.

If they want to play PvE let them and they will miss out on one of the core parts of the game which is PvP. However they don't have to completely change the game (make zombies harder etc.) just turn friendly fire off which is not that hard, and yes I know it would give a very easy version of the game but if they want to play it let them.

At the moment I cannot see a huge issue with this in just creating PvE and PvP servers. However if they do create PvE servers they should make it so that you have to have a seperate character for both server types.

As for the game itself I think it would sell a lot better if it had some form of PvE system.

Absolutely no. I disagree the idea of a friendly mode. It ruins the whole experience.

It's like football without the offside rule.

I cannot express NO clearly enough.

In fact i don't need to , use the search function , find the 1,000,000,000 other topics on this discussion and read them instead.