Sign in to follow this  
monkeybones

Recommended Amount of Gear?

Hey Everyone,

So i am still pretty new but getting a good hold of the game. One issue that has been troubling me is how much should i keep of different items.

ive pretty much been running with the following:

Pistol Ammo Section

6 Sidearm Mags

2 Bandages

Main on Charecter Gear

As many Primary mags as i find (currently 8)

1 steak

1 morphine

Empty spots to pick stuff up

Backpack (ALICE)

2 Sidearm

2 Bandages

2 Painkillers

3 Steaks

1 Morphine

3 Bloodbags

2 Canteens

1 Epipen

1 Soda

2 Misc gear/Stuff for my buddy i play with

Is there anything I am missing that i should be having on me? anything i have way to much/few of?

Rockin the M4A1 now and i feel like maybe 8 mags is a bit much but can you ever really have to much ammo?

Thanks for your input!

Live off the land SON. travel lightly.

For bloodbags, i only keep 1. maybe 2 if your traveling in a large group, but since im mostly solo, I never have more then 1 bloodbag. Bloodbags I use very rarely, and usually you will only need to do one transfusion when the time comes. And you will surely find another as hospitals are somewhat common.

keep 1 canteen in your primary, and have another 2 or even 3 in your backpack, LIVE OFF TEH LAND BRO, If you happen to find some pepsi when your thirsty, drink that obviously, but for long travels, just stop by lakes on the way when needed. As for food, keep some cooked meet on you, But I usually dont keep much on me, Animals are common.

keep an extra morphine or 2 in your backpack. Recently I havent been keeping many mags in my backpack, as If you reload with one bullet left in the magazine, when you DC and reconnect it will be full again.

Bandages, you always want to have 2 in your sidearm slots. I keep an extra one in my backpack, Ive never gone through more then 2 bandages before finding another one though, But i keep that extra just in case.

There is no one size fits all, I adapt according to the trip I plan on making. If your walking all the way across the map, bring alot of food and water, If your playing in a group, bring extra med supplies, Going to NW airfield? make sure you have extra morphine, meat and bandages to heal up.

Also if I have a coyote, I will usually carry a sniper in there with 2 mags. It takes up alot of space, but there are alot of moments when a sniper would come in handy.

i go 4v4 for pistol mags and bandages. (dont bother putting spares in your pack)

1 morphine, 1 blood, 1 canteen, 1 painkiller, 1 frag, as much ammo for your primary as you can fit plus a space or two (to quick grab a coke or beans)

backpack, i go 2nd primary (usually a scope or silenced) plus ammo, 2 canteens and the rest 2-3 morphine, blood and some steak

• Like 1

Primary is 3 mags, 1 morphine, 1 painkiller, 7 steaks.

On the back, just 2 canteens, 2 morphine, 2 painkillers, 2 bandages, and all the ammo you can find for primary.

Depends on if you play with other people. I don't, but I carry 2 blood bags in the off chance I happen to run into someone I'd trust (which is pretty rare).

Anyway, I'd drop a blood bag for an extra morphine. I'd also rather have more steaks than 8 primary mags, or scrap the two secondary mags in the pack.

Some people carry a second weapon in the backpack, which I think is only useful if one of them is a sniper rifle and the other is for up-close work.

Main on Charecter Gear

As many Primary mags as i find (currently 8)

1 steak

1 morphine

Empty spots to pick stuff up

I usually have 4-5 steaks so i can get over the fainting limit quickly if i am badly injured, morphine ofc, water bottle, ...

3-6 primary mags depending on type (no need to carry 6 stanag or ak mags since i don't spray&pray - i'll find more before i have used up all of it),

1-2 frags and a smoke,

at night i have flares - primarily against nvg players,

then free slots for loot and moving around stuff between backpack/inventory

Backpack (ALICE)

2 Sidearm

2 Bandages

2 Painkillers

3 Steaks

1 Morphine

3 Bloodbags

2 Canteens

1 Epipen

1 Soda

2 Misc gear/Stuff for my buddy i play with

Thanks for your input!

That's 27 slots?? And why carry two extra sidearms? I usually have a M1911 and then i change it to PDW as soon as i find one. No need to carry multiple sidearms, well maybe if you want a silenced one...

I never carry blood bags or epi-pens since i usually play alone.

2 canteens sure, but why 1 soda? i carry more steaks at night, not in daytime since i can cook more if i need it.

1-3 frags just in case i get into a fight.

The rest of teh slots are free for loot.

Here is what I carry. It doesn't leave much room but if I find something really good and need space I'll drop food/painkillers/ammo.

I always have 2 of essential medical supplies so I can help someone and still have 1 for myself.

Sidearms slots:

1 sidearm (M9SD) + 4 clips

4 bandages

Main inventory:

1 Assault rifle (M14 or M4SD)

4 clips for assault rifle

1 canteen

0-1 food

1 Morphine, 1 painkiller, 1 bloodbag (no epipens)

Backpack:

1 long-range rifle (DMR)

2 DMR clips (none if I have the M14 in main inventory)

1 morphine, 1 painkiller, 1 bloodbag,

1 canteen, 1-2 food.

That's 27 slots?? And why carry two extra sidearms?

He means sidearm ammo.

• Like 1

hatchet

knife

matches

----

1-3 canteens

2-3 morphines

1-2 painkillers

4-6 bandages

---

pick up soda and canned food as much as i can carry.

---

i dont use guns much - i dont shoot first so dont need it really for pvp, and for Z, a hatchet is just peachy.

Live off the land SON. travel lightly.

i go 4v4 for pistol mags and bandages. (dont bother putting spares in your pack)

[...]

backpack, i go 2nd primary (usually a scope or silenced) plus ammo

I'd drop a blood bag for an extra morphine. I'd also rather have more steaks than 8 primary mags

[...]

Some people carry a second weapon in the backpack, which I think is only useful if one of them is a sniper rifle and the other is for up-close work.

I usually have 4-5 steaks so i can get over the fainting limit quickly if i am badly injured

[...]

1-2 frags and a smoke,

[...]

then free slots for loot and moving around stuff between backpack/inventory

^My gear.

Edited by Flambo

Main:

Rangefinder

Nightvision

Primary Weapon (M14)

7 mags

1 morphine

1 painkillers

1 canteen

1 meat

Sidearm (mostly 1911, M9SD if our ammo supply allows it)

6 sidearm mags

2 bandages

tool-wise I have all the bells and whistles, only thing missing is the useless radio

backpack (coyote):

DMR (shares ammo with the M14...no need for spare mags)

2 spare morphine

2 spare painkillers

1 spare bandage

1 bloodbag

1 epi

2 more canteens

2 meat

Thanks everyone for thier help, i see it varies a lot depending on play style/amount of others im playing with, etc.

This has certainly given me some better ideas for gear managment.

That's 27 slots?? And why carry two extra sidearms? I usually have a M1911 and then i change it to PDW as soon as i find one. No need to carry multiple sidearms, well maybe if you want a silenced one...

Rollonio was right i meant sidearm ammo. Even then i suppose having 8 on me it a bit too much considering i don't fire it all that often and im currently using the M1911 which is pretty plentiful ammowise esp given the interchangibility of .45 ammo. I'll try out the 4 ammo & 4 bandage split and see how that works out for me.

Looks like i'll have a few more steaks in the main, i hadn't thought about having enough to get over the passing out threshold. Make some room by dropping some STANAGs into the pack.

Really the main reason i have still 3 bloodbags is i just recently raided a hopsital & hospital roof but i gave 2 to my friend. (i had 5) so I'll ditch 1 maybe 2.

as for the 2 canteens and a soda i'll drink the soda first if i have one and keep my canteens for those times when im in the middle of nowhere and really thirsty. or just by a lake and ill drink and refill to stay hydrated, and save a soda.

I carry at least 2 of everything, as I primarily play with 3-4 other people. I also keep thinking I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. ;)