Dragonslayer2 (DayZ)

Dayz Tent Bugs, Items disappear on server restart

Hello fellow players I would like to bring up a conversation around the tents in dayz and the bugs that come along with it. To day all my items disappeared from one of my tents, luckily it was the medic tent. Do you guys know any way to prevent this from happening? and yes i did save the tent before logging out. Will i get my items back on the next restart? Is it possible for anyone to confirm this?

Anyway give me your opinion on the tents and if players on dayz will ever be able to use them properly. + hopefully someone can answer my questions above.

Ty

Happy DAyzzzz!

Sincerly dragon slayah!

Yesterday I stumbled across a random tent that was full of medical supplies. I looted all that I needed and destroyed the rest. Poor bastard.

PS: I set up 2 tents this WE, both working 100% fine.

Hello fellow players I would like to bring up a conversation around the tents in dayz and the bugs that come along with it. To day all my items disappeared from one of my tents, luckily it was the medic tent. Do you guys know any way to prevent this from happening? and yes i did save the tent before logging out. Will i get my items back on the next restart? Is it possible for anyone to confirm this?

Anyway give me your opinion on the tents and if players on dayz will ever be able to use them properly. + hopefully someone can answer my questions above.

Ty

Happy DAyzzzz!

Sincerly dragon slayah!

They will never be able to operate properly because it's a part of the ArmA II engine, we'll just have to deal with it.

Why don't people check the wiki? This has been known for quite some time, and is frequently mentioned on these forums. Its at the top of the page for the tent on DayZWiki. You won't get your stuff back unless there is some sort of glitch, but I haven't heard anything like that so don't hold your breath.

Sincerely, an ex-lurker.

Is the problem still that bug if your tent ID is bigger than one million?

Set up a tent yesterday, saved it, server restarted over night, tomorrow morning the tent was empty. It's rather unlikely (but not impossible) that it was found and plundered that quickly.

Is the problem still that bug if your tent ID is bigger than one million?

Pretty sure I've read in a changelog that this bug was fixed (guessing 1.7.2.3 or .4).

So either your tent wasn't saved correctly (I made it a habbit to always save the tent after I finished putting stuff in/out) or someone lootet your stuff.

Pretty sure I've read in a changelog that this bug was fixed (guessing 1.7.2.3 or .4).

So either your tent wasn't saved correctly (I made it a habbit to always save the tent after I finished putting stuff in/out) or someone lootet your stuff.

Hi, I always save my tents after taking or putting in gear. I saved several times before i logged out. The tents were also full of items , 10 items from being full. Both tents were empty when i logged in 4 hours after server restart. When i logged out there were only two people on the server. It is highly unlikely that robbers stole over 70 items :P.

Edited by Dragonslayer2

Hi, I always save my tents after taking or putting in gear. I saved several times before i logged out. The tents were also full of items , 10 items from being full. Both tents were empty when i logged in 4 hours after server restart. When i logged out there were only two people on the server. It is highly unlikely that robbers stole over 70 items :P.

Not unlikely. A friend and me emptied some tents for...puh...around 80 items. 2 runs with full Coyotes.

Today I logged onto my server and....BAM...no tents at all, no motorcycle either. Seems like a hard reset happened on that server (I also checked other tent places I know of).

So, you got robbed, I got fucked...sucks both.

Not unlikely. A friend and me emptied some tents for...puh...around 80 items. 2 runs with full Coyotes.

Today I logged onto my server and....BAM...no tents at all, no motorcycle either. Seems like a hard reset happened on that server (I also checked other tent places I know of).

So, you got robbed, I got fucked...sucks both.

it is HIGHLY unlikely, since i was the only one on the server when i logged, 7 hours later there were only 5 people on the server.. the chances must be MINImal man. taking everything not leaving even junk behind? dont think soo..

Just saying that moving ~70 items in a few hours is nothing for 2 people - hell, I bet even one guy can do it and you don't know how many players where on during that 7 hours.

Don't take my word for granted but I haven't heard of any tents of lately loosing their stuff if it's not being robbed (or hacked, or hacked and then robbed) when saved properly. Seems to me that if your tent's glitching, the whole tent's gone and not just empty - that's why I still believe that the unlikely robbery took place. And as long as you haven't had tin cans stored everything is of value.

Just saying that moving ~70 items in a few hours is nothing for 2 people - hell, I bet even one guy can do it and you don't know how many players where on during that 7 hours.

Don't take my word for granted but I haven't heard of any tents of lately loosing their stuff if it's not being robbed (or hacked, or hacked and then robbed) when saved properly. Seems to me that if your tent's glitching, the whole tent's gone and not just empty - that's why I still believe that the unlikely robbery took place. And as long as you haven't had tin cans stored everything is of value.

wll see, hoping to see items coming back tomorrow

???????????? eu WTF is that shit on server BE1, i just find out how to save gear in a tent even by serverrestart, so i puted all my epic stuff in the tent ( AS50, rangefinder nvgoogles, GPS, M9 SD,Antibiotic, Backpack,......) just to go for a few minutes in a town, on the way back, the server was not responding, and connection lost with host, after that my tent was gone, even other tents on my way ?????

Edited by jimmy_001

This is what happened to me:

After the 1st server restart yesterday my Full tent was missing (yes I saved it multiple times).

After the 2nd server restart today, I found the tent, but it was completly empty...

I even put to empty cans into it so I would notice if it was robbed or just glitched/bugged/hacked. Cause which robber would steal empty tin cans...

I had moved some gear between tents to make room for some ammo I had found on a chopper crast site and the next day everything was back the way it was before I changed it up except my ammo was no longer around. :(

Lost a crap ton of gear as well. Why bother even being a Survivor if your gear just gets fucking destroyed by the angry tent gods? This is fucking stupid. I actually have the hero skin because I usually help people, but this is just retarded. I'm probably just going to kill every Survivor I see now because there's nothing else to do in this god damn game.

Edited by Jukafah
  • Like 1

Just lost 4 tents full of gear.

Fan-FUCKING-tastic.

This is such bullshit.

those were my words exactly when I logged in today after a server restart to find that my 2 tents had disappeared.. both were completely full of high end gear.. Kinda makes searching for and storing gear totally pointless.. I mean what the hell is the point of keeping them in game if they arent ever going to work as they were intended?

I guess Jukafah is right the only left to do is shoot everything that moves =)

those were my words exactly when I logged in today after a server restart to find that my 2 tents had disappeared.. both were completely full of high end gear.. Kinda makes searching for and storing gear totally pointless.. I mean what the hell is the point of keeping them in game if they arent ever going to work as they were intended?

I guess Jukafah is right the only left to do is shoot everything that moves =)

Indeed.

There is no point in playing until it is fixed.

This just happened to me. US 2964. Had three tents filled with stuff. Food, medical supplies, some ammo and pistols. I set them up last night, saved them, came back this morning and stuff was all still there. YAY, so I kept scavenging. This evening, as I was leaving my campsite, notice of server restart came so I saved and logged out.

Came back right after server restart, all three tents empty. Still there, just empty. >:3

Is this consistently broken, or something that happens to some people sometimes?

Update on my last: tents are just broke on US 2964. Tent position saves, but contents do not. Tent position saves after tent packed, even. I discovered this because I put the same three tents down into a few experimental configurations, and now it's a tent fountain. Every tent I ever placed is there, whether packed/moved or not.

Update on my last: tents are just broke on US 2964. Tent position saves, but contents do not. Tent position saves after tent packed, even. I discovered this because I put the same three tents down into a few experimental configurations, and now it's a tent fountain. Every tent I ever placed is there, whether packed/moved or not.

its not the tents broken its the server restarts not being done properly, i have gone back to my tents occasional to find them gone, not destroyed (no flat tent in place,and also only person on server since restart). yet next restart they are back again with all equipment in them.

its not the tents broken its the server restarts not being done properly, i have gone back to my tents occasional to find them gone, not destroyed (no flat tent in place,and also only person on server since restart). yet next restart they are back again with all equipment in them.

I too have seen this, and it is not the behavior I'm talking about. On that server, if I deploy a tent, pack it up, deploy it again 3 feet to the north, pack it up, and keep repeating...

...when I come back after server restart every single place I put that tent will have a tent. It's broken such that it dupes tents. It's not the empty-tent thing, I've seen that on other servers and am familiar with it.

ya i also lost 6 tents full of gear and 2 of my 3 rides i was so pissed tents there and nothing in them

ya i also lost 6 tents full of gear and 2 of my 3 rides i was so pissed tents there and nothing in them

every time i pack up a tent and move it i get two tents but both are empty however if i take a new tent set it up and don't move it, it saves all of my gear no problem kinda odd