vitdom

Now WHAT is the chance of this happening!? (Forest encounter)

I have not played DayZ for two weeks, but started again two hours ago. Ever since I found out about DayZ two months ago, I have NEVER heard of or experienced something like this, which happened half an hour ago.

I logged in at Stary Sobor, it is night and I have NVG's. I started looting deer stands to the NNE and reached the one south of Novy Lug / Gvozdno. I entered the south forest and decided to head up north to the little shed at Novy Lug because I know a Motorcycle spawns there. The server announces a 10 minute heads up for a server restart, and I look at the number of players on the server. About 7-8 total.

Some minute later, I reached the small clearing at 089049 and just when I was about to enter it, I see a player running in the middle of it, right at me! It seems he is being chased by zombies and I quickly call out "Hey, don't shoot! I'm friendly!". Suddenly he stops and what seemed like chasing zombies, are now spreading out in a circle and I notice they aren't zombies, but players! (why would zombies chase him through the forest at in the night?) It must be around 6 of them, and I saw at least one with a ghille suit. I hear back a "Don't shoot!" and I start to move to the left, hoping that I am prepared if someone would open fire. A few seconds later I have moved just below 90 degrees to the left of them and they proceed in the direction they were originally traveling. I don't know for sure if they saw me or not, but they probably did because the guy in the front was looking right at me.

What are the chances of this happening?! I just bumped into all of the other 6-7 people on the server, grouped, at night, in the forest, heading towards me in like exactly the opposite direction. And NO guns were fired. They must've thought I was a hacker lol, because the chance of this happening is unbelievably small. I would've taken a screenshot but I was just too amazed and hoping they wouldn't fire.

Edited by Vitdom
  • Like 7

Ive been in a group of three together with only four of us on the server and we've run into them. My friend spawned on the only other player on a server once. Sometimes if people find you in a remote place they've teleported to you but usually it's just a coincidence.

What are the chances of this happening?! I just bumped into all of the other 6-7 people on the server, grouped up, at night, in the forest, heading towards me in like exactly the opposite direction. And NO guns were fired. They must've thought I was a hacker lol, because the chance of this happening is unbelievably small. I would've taken a screenshot but I was just too amazed and hoping they wouldn't fire.

Or maybe they were so well organized and geared, that they knew you weren't a threat, and that firing your gun would basically be signing your own death warrant.

thats some rare luck there

hope i had that too.... i actually had a much worse experience of bumping into a group of players

zig zagged my ass (it worked lawl)

Edited by h3retic

Or maybe they were so well organized and geared, that they knew you weren't a threat, and that firing your gun would basically be signing your own death warrant.

Or maybe they're not like most people and don't fee like killing every person they see.

Any person is a threat. Doesn't matter how geared or organized you are it still only takes a few bullets to kill someone.

Edited by Tsyn

Looks like a clan was heading somewhere. Either using that server to safely travel around (seen it before, even killed hosts of servers by their vehicles. Props to them for not kicking me or dropping the server, they know who they are) or they were heading for their campsite before the server shut down.

Either way, I think you were lucky. If they liked your gun, or had any intention of killing you they would have done so, and the best you could have done is take a few down with you.

Or maybe they're not like most people and don't fee like killing every person they see.

Any person is a threat. Doesn't matter how geared or organized you are it still only takes a few bullets to kill someone.

7 people can fire allot more bullets then one can, most people wouldn't want to take that chance, Kinda surprised by the encounter myself, max people i've ever seen logged at night was like 4.

.... so?

He is one person, that was a group. If I was in that group, I wouldn't be scared of him at all. Even if he shoots first and kills someone, he will die, and that guy will just respawn and run back to his teammates.

There's too many trigger happy kids playing this game. When these kids find a gun, then they go around shooting everyone they see and call themselves "bandits". No, you're just a scared kid who shoots first out of fear. When you have a high powered rifle in your hands, and decent skills, you are in control of the situation. There are many things to do with such power, besides simply shooting someone in the head. When someone goes KoS on everyone they see, they have no control, and no idea what to do with power. You are surviving, yes, but like a wild animal.

• Like 2

Even if he shoots first and kills someone, he will die, and that guy will just respawn and run back to his teammates.

The fact that the server was restarting in less than 8 minutes or so might have mattered, if they otherwise would have attacked me.

Also, they were in the open. I was not. Imagine walking out in the open in the form of a small clearing in a forest, with a group, trees all around, and hear someone. The first thing that would come to your mind would be "dangerous ambush, to my disadvantage". I could've lied when I said "friendly" and I could have had an extra buddy surrounding the group, which is a huge threat, even to a 6 player group.

Edited by Vitdom

I like to throw grenades at people in the NW airfield just to make them shit their pants :D

Random comment aside, I probably woulda jumped out of cover with a frag and screamed, "AMERICA!"

I wouldnt have been able to resist I woulda seen how many I could take out and get away, you did have nvg and it is likely not all of them did. Using trees as cover and leaning out to take shots and then running to diff trees hell who knows you coulda come out with a 1v6 win Ive done it before but i did have an mk48 at the time so...

Your chances of killing that large of a group, at night, when they are all fanned out like a firing line and organized are actually quite slim.

Your chances of killing that large of a group, at night, when they are all fanned out like a firing line and organized are actually quite slim.

lets be real for a sec

if there was 6 people against an unknown amt of people

shit would hit the fan so hard

What's the chances of being in a dense forest and being shot at from the only other person on the server?

Very high since nobody has trees/rocks/buildings any more.

Faggots.

.... so?

He is one person, that was a group. If I was in that group, I wouldn't be scared of him at all. Even if he shoots first and kills someone, he will die, and that guy will just respawn and run back to his teammates.

There's too many trigger happy kids playing this game. When these kids find a gun, then they go around shooting everyone they see and call themselves "bandits". No, you're just a scared kid who shoots first out of fear. When you have a high powered rifle in your hands, and decent skills, you are in control of the situation. There are many things to do with such power, besides simply shooting someone in the head. When someone goes KoS on everyone they see, they have no control, and no idea what to do with power. You are surviving, yes, but like a wild animal.

Myself and a buddy took a squad of 7 down in about 3 seconds. We had minimal gear (m16 and M4A1) and they had enough to regear the squad that got hacked to death the previous night. We killed them, took their gear and plopped it in a tent. We took their entire squad down without them firing a shot. One person could do the same if the circumstances are in their favor.

Those aren't players. That guy is a hacker, and those other people around him were NPC guards the hacker has spawned.

• Like 1

I clicked a link tonight that lead me to a live stream. Did they have flash lights out at all, because they seemed nice and it was a group of about that many people. I didn't watch long, so I really have no clue.

I wouldnt have been able to resist I woulda seen how many I could take out and get away, you did have nvg and it is likely not all of them did. Using trees as cover and leaning out to take shots and then running to diff trees hell who knows you coulda come out with a 1v6 win Ive done it before but i did have an mk48 at the time so...

Me and a friend were walking through a remote forest when 20+ people jumped out and pointed there weapons at us. They said to give them our stuff. They only had pistols while I had an ak and my friend had an enfield.

We opened fire and most of them didn't have any ammo and we won of course.

People do a thing called fake raiding where they don't have ammo but make other people think they do

Me and a friend were walking through a remote forest when 20+ people jumped out and pointed there weapons at us. They said to give them our stuff. They only had pistols while I had an ak and my friend had an enfield.

We opened fire and most of them didn't have any ammo and we won of course.

People do a thing called fake raiding where they don't have ammo but make other people think they do

20+ you say

Do you also like fishing?