Sign in to follow this  
Hamzah

Best Assault Rifle?

Hey guys, im wondering what the best assault rifle would be other than the L85? This would be the AKM, M16 or M4 variants etc. Please rate the gun depending on rarity, how rare the ammo is etc. Thanks. Also include different models with different attachments.

What is the point of this post? There are already weapon comparison charts, and the weapons are situational so there is no outright "best". Google it.

It's all based on personal preference. I prefer M variant weapons, my friend prefers the AK variants. Currently loving my M4A1 CCO.

What is the point of this post? There are already weapon comparison charts, and the weapons are situational so there is no outright "best". Google it.

Im trying to get personal opinions instead of hard statistics.

Hey guys, im wondering what the best assault rifle would be other than the L85? This would be the AKM, M16 or M4 variants etc. Please rate the gun depending on rarity, how rare the ammo is etc. Thanks. Also include different models with different attachments.

Honestly, I LOVE the M4a3 CCO, it's amazing. I'm 1 shotting zombies 9 out of 10 times due to accuracy and I Just spotted some player by a deer stand. I was a bit cautious since there was a dead body still bleeding at it, so I was scouting around and saw a guy in a ghullie suit down the hill by a barn being chased by a few zombies, he must have been what felt like 800 yards away, but apparently the guns only good for 400 yards so I can't really say, it really did feel like a huge distance. I fired 2 rounds with nothing more than a second between them on semi, both hit and he fell down dead.

Didn't search the body though, aside from a few zombies coming at me which I had to dispose of, I stopped to look for a bit as a 5-6 zombies eat his corpse and I'm sure I heard a bullet miss me, maybe it was my imagination, but I ran around the zone for a good 10 minutes like a headless chicken trying to pinpoint a target but I couldn't see anyone, still didn't want to risk looting, I have everything I need (cept the guillie suit which I think looks retarded beyond belief).

Anyway, my point being, was a perfect kill, 2 shots from a vast range both on target within a second and putting him down. out of all the guns I've used, I love this so damn much. So accurate. Not sure if he was already damaged but it does the job more than well enough.

Still, personal opinion an all that. Love my G17 along side it :D

I find that you have 4 basic variants. AK, AKM, M Variants, M SD Variants. Outside of those it is purely cosmetic / accessories (scopes, grenade launcher, etc). The guns seem to do damage based on bullet size (all 9mm guns including sub machine guns do the same damage). Based on that you have situational weapons. I prefer the AIM (CCO) over iron sights which for me rules out all but the M4A1 CCO, M4A3 CCO, M4A1 Camo SD CCO, AKS-74 Kobra. Out of those, all but the SD has the same effective and audible range(s). The SD obviously has a VERY small audible range but loses 100M effective range as well as the ammo is more rare than standard Stanag. For me, The M4A1 Camo SD CCO is a situational weapon which I will pick up if i find but would not be my first choice. I prefer the M4A3 CCO becuase it has the most accessories on it. Also, the M4A3 (along with all the M variants) can shoot SD mags which (for zombies only) will produce no sound. Players will still hear the shot but for me the silence part was all about NOT attracting more zombies so for me this is WIN WIN. I hope this helped answer your question.

MK48 Mod 0 destroys any other gun in the game unless you get sniped by an as50 from 1000+ meters

Edited by crushed293213

MK48 Mod 0 destroys any other gun in the game unless you get sniped by an as50 from 1000+ meters

Pretty much, it is a two shot kill with lots of ammo. In general Mk48, FAL and M14 dominate close range combat due to their damage and relatively good accuracy.

• Like 1

MK48 is an extreme dissapointment to me, and is in my opinion one of the poorer choices for your arsenal. With out of control recoil and poor accuracy this gun suffers at any range over 100m. The only credit I can give it is that it has a large magazine, although the fire rate isn't even faster if you can click well enough with a M14.

M16 ACOG is my fav one for sure. Assault rifle and mini sniper in one! You cant miss a zombie up to 200-250 meters and it works with nightvision! Also its audible range for zombies is like the other ak's at only 80 meters, compared to FAL, MK48 and M14 at 180. Drawbacks is its hard to aim at extreme close range because of only having a true scope, but its a pretty close range scope, so it works most of the times. Bad accuracy over 300 meters or so.

MK48 is an extreme dissapointment to me, and is in my opinion one of the poorer choices for your arsenal. With out of control recoil and poor accuracy this gun suffers at any range over 100m. The only credit I can give it is that it has a large magazine, although the fire rate isn't even faster if you can click well enough with a M14.

You must be a newbie. The MK48 is the master of destruction. Terminates any zombie waves, the accuracy is 100% when you lay down, and the recoil become almost nonexcisting. The damage is also devastating and the magazine has a capacity of 100.

DMR is handy when its night since you can use nightvision...

AS50 with nato rounds can take out vehicles in a single shot. Perfect against vehicles and against human targets at range. Useless at night, since you won't be able to use nightvision with it.

Edited by Heradon

I was an AK guy but I love the accuracy of the M4 and M16 weapons now.

Currently rolling with an M14 AIM though, it's a thing of beauty. (Shame about the noise though.)

You must be a newbie. The MK48 is the master of destruction. Terminates any zombie waves, the accuracy is 100% when you lay down, and the recoil become almost nonexcisting. The damage is also devastating and the magazine has a capacity of 100.

+ Aimpoint sight

Anyway, my assault rifle of choice would be the M4SD, silent close range kills are pretty much the rule number one for any sniper.

• Like 1

Dude, this thread is literally from last year, Please try to read post dates and don't resurrect dead threads.

(Captain forum goer awaaayyy!)

• Like 1

I like the AKM and the M14 for PvP because they are very powerful and accurate (no the M14 is not an assault rifle but its better than any assault rifle, who goes full auto anyway?). The downside to the AKM and M14 is how loud they can be (attracts allot of zombies). If I am killing zombies a winchester (if no AR is around) or an AK-74 type weapon.

Edited by PracticalTactical
  • Like 1

I like the AKM and the M14 for PvP because they are very powerful and accurate. The downside to the AKM and M14 is how loud they can be (attracts allot of zombies). If I am killing zombies a winchester or an AK-74 type weapon.

This may be a 6 month old thread, but I don't care. The M14 is a battle rifle, and has pretty much no Assault Rifle characteristics. So even if you did like it, you could hardly say it's the best "assault rifle"

M14 AIM is always my weapon of choice for PVP. Fucking absolute accuracy machine, powerful as fuck, and can hit some longer range targets with ease if you know what you're doing. For zombies I'll obviously take a M4 SD.

If I'm trying to hit something particularly long range - usually a DMR. I love to carry an M14 as my primary and a DMR in my pack because they use the same ammo.

Well my love to m16a4 acog is huge . unbelievably accurate and the scope is big advantage in firefights .

M4SD

Ammo is plentiful and kills are silent.

SD Weapons are horrid for PvP, if it was PvE SD's are ok.

It used to be the M16A4 ACOG, deadly at all ranges except very far, but in the newest patch id say the G36K is definatly a contender.