omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Why the hell are there so many guns?

I agree though I wouldn't want them taken out - rather I would suggest more common civilian style weapons. BUT I think ALL guns AND ammo should be made super rare so people actually need to rely on melee weapons for more than 10 secs... would actually make the survival experience more exciting and last longer, and would make finding a rubbish gun significant.

• Like 1

I agree about the fact that there are too many high end military weapons and not enough civilian-low military/police weapons.

I think that the game will gain in the overall sense of danger and survival aspect while using mainly civilian-police weapons.

However, the shotguns and pistols seem to be right on par with realism, save for the PDW. I'm pretty sure the russian military doesn't have UZIs, considering it's an Israeli gun. The crossbow spawn should be far lower, but only if the arrows stack. Until then, leave the crossbow as is.

The PDW is not an UZI and it's fairly used by european police forces: http://world.guns.ru/smg/de/hk-mp7-pdw-e.html so, I think that it's good.

as50, 107, L85 and NVG should be taken out of the game period, this is not ARMA this is a zombie themed, post apocalyptic playing area!!!!

• Like 1

I agree, the amount of guns is a problem.

The more guns there are the more variety of weapons there is. I think it would be a good idea to take some guns out and try to add more melee weapons though. I think the game would benefit from one or two guns like the AS50 and the M136 removed then replacing them with five or six melee weapons such as shovels, golf clubs etc;

I believe the reason why there are so many guns in the game is because it's a lot easier to add rifle and snipers than it is to add shovels and golf clubs. I also think there is just way too many rifles and snipers. :P

• Like 1

From post-

"FIVE FUCKING LMGS OMGWTFBBQ QQ!"

Mk. 48, m249, m240 and the Mk.48 and m240 are basically the same thing

The M249 is used in squads often, the M240 is used by the US Military for everything possible that can have a 50 cal on it, the Mk48 is just a tricked out M249 with lower ammo capacity

"NINE GODDDAMN! SNIPERS AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

CZ, M24, As50, M107, DMR, SVD, thats six buddy, alright I can see the as50 getting out, the M107 is used for anti armor, the SVD is obviously russian, the DMR is an M14, and used in most squads, the M24/M40 is the USMC's sniper, and the CZ is a civilian rifle that everyone wants more of.

Edited by Reaven1911

From post-

"FIVE FUCKING LMGS OMGWTFBBQ QQ!"

Mk. 48, m249, m240 and the Mk.48 and m240 are basically the same thing

The M249 is used in squads often, the M240 is used by the US Military for everything possible that can have a 50 cal on it, the Mk48 is just a tricked out M249 with lower ammo capacity

"NINE GODDDAMN! SNIPERS AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

CZ, M24, As50, M107, DMR, SVD, thats six buddy, alright I can see the as50 getting out, the M107 is used for anti armor, the SVD is obviously russian, the DMR is an M14, and used in most squads, the M24/M40 is the USMC's sniper, and the CZ is a civilian rifle that everyone wants more of.

The point of the OP is that there are too many high end military weapons, he thinks that there should be more low-mid civilian/police weapons in this kind of setting (chernarussian rural area with some military presence).

But actually I, and I think most of us, don't know how is the firearm situation in this kind of regions/countries.

• Like 1

I think the backstory is that the US tried to help the infection but got overrun themselves. The BAF tried to send help via helicopters, but they mysteriously crashed.

Hence how you find M16s lying around.

The point of the OP is that there are too many high end military weapons, he thinks that there should be more low-mid civilian/police weapons in this kind of setting (chernarussian rural area with some military presence).

But actually I, and I think most of us, don't know how is the firearm situation in this kind of regions/countries.

Okay i suppose a nuke can be in order? Giving its Russia. Or Post USSR

The PDW is not an UZI and it's fairly used by european police forces: http://world.guns.ru...-mp7-pdw-e.html so, I think that it's good.

You my friend, just failed. If you actually looked instead of being a smartass right away....the "PDW" in ArmA II..is a Micro Uzi, it's just called PDW. There is neither an MP7 nor an MP5K.

More guns less ammo requires more shoot control, requires more running away from zombies.

And what the hell is your problem with anti player and anti vehicle weapons? they are in use, for greater stuff, but if you make those players encounter zeds, they surely are happy to have a winchester with some ammo in their backpack, thats what should be reached!

more pve required in the "end" game and more guns, so you have less ammunation

Edited by <BH>nev
  • Like 1

Picture an outbreak like the one in chernaurus. If something like this happens the army (U.N even) will be there, this for me justifies the weapons and location variations. The variety is good, but ammo would be more scarce the longer you used it. Respawning more ammo is a big no no. That's unrealistic, it wouldn't happen. Unless the map was bigger and allowed more places for military gear.

Most people in this part of the world will have a plentiful supply of eastern block weapons, others like American would be rare after intervention, I think the mod relays this well.

I do think there would be more vehicles available, however fuel would run out pretty quickly and we're missing some millitary vehicles.

Then I wake up and realise its a game.

You my friend, just failed. If you actually looked instead of being a smartass right away....the "PDW" in ArmA II..is a Micro Uzi, it's just called PDW. There is neither an MP7 nor an MP5K.

Do you even know what PDW means?

Also, from the wiki: http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/PDW

There is no statement that this weapon is the israeli version of the UZI, UZI-Like weapon is not an UZI.

Do you even know what PDW means?

Also, from the wiki: http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/PDW

There is no statement that this weapon is the israeli version of the UZI, UZI-Like weapon is not an UZI.

PDW stands for Personal Defence Weapon. It is not specific to any one gun. Things like the P90, Micro Uzi, etc etc

Most of the guns are so rare that you'll never see more than AKs and a few M4/M16s. Honestly it doesn't make a zombie apocalypse seem any less realistic to have a lot of guns. I wish they'd add more to be honest.

Also, this should be the last priority. Hacking, graphical glitches, zombie movement, and several other things are all more important than this.

• Like 3

I dont think that 45 Weapons are much. I want more... much more....

DayZ is not a zombie-survival simulator.

It has the window dressing of zombie-survival as a hook. Zombie-survival is the window dressing to draw players in. But the gameplay focus of the mod is: sorta-persistent-world deathmatch on an enormous map.

The zombie-survival aspect rapidly becomes a hoop to jump through so you can pvp over l33t weapon spawns and vehicles.

The pvp itself is fun. But that's just the base ArmA pvp at work.

This is probably the most apt description of DayZ I've ever seen on these forums.

As for the OP I do think more games make the game interesting, even though it still only takes a few bullets to kill someone. The .50cal should probably be taken out as some people have already mentioned its only used for player killing. A weapon like that shouldn't exist in a zombie survival themed game. That or make it more rare.

Edited by Valiant

I'd prefer less military grade weapons. They are so easy to find. I want far more shot guns, pistols, revolvers....more of the standard weapon you'll find in many homes. I'd also like some elite weapons like the colt python with a hunting scopre. For these more elite weapons, I'd also like to have to find parts like the barrel or stock and have to assemble them.

I'd prefer less military grade weapons. They are so easy to find. I want far more shot guns, pistols, revolvers....more of the standard weapon you'll find in many homes. I'd also like some elite weapons like the colt python with a hunting scopre. For these more elite weapons, I'd also like to have to find parts like the barrel or stock and have to assemble them.

I agree, there should be more shotguns and pistols. Plenty of people have shotguns in the country, and more should be added to the game because of it. As for the person saying the PDW is NOT an UZI, you're wrong. That is in no way an MP5K or an MP7. That is an UZI.

Allot of the guns have low spawn rates and are mostly flooding the game because of dupers and lack of an item sink, shotguns and Ak's would be way more common on players otherwise. as for the weapons themselves I imagine most are carry overs from arma which is a military sim so there weren't many civilian hunting rifles and pistols to work with.