Sula

Players 30+ years old

I kill those with the capability to fight back effectively.

I never kill those who are armed with basic gear (until Alice Pack) and weapons (until AK) and will salute.

If they are nice enough guys, I'd give them some of the gear I pick up from my kills and tell them to get on their way with the warning that if we ever cross paths again, I will kill you.

It will be a great day when we the mature and morally righteous, teach some manners to the prepubescent socipathic murderers

who will regularly waste your defenceless unarmed self, and not even take a bandage from you to cover cuts they caused themselves while practising to shave their bumfluff moustaches with dads razor !

.Well thats what Gran would have said if she played Dayz :beans:

• Like 3

I used to be in a CS clan called ZhG - Zimmerframe Honour Guard, you had to be over 30 to join as we were all so fed up of the teenagers kicking our arses!!

:D

This is why i gave up playing Gears 3 on WGL gaming league, that and folk cheating using modded pads but hey thats another story.

To my shame, I added a few people and then because I didn't recognise their names on skype, was too embarrassed to get in touch with anyone - I've no idea who most of the people are on my skype contact list!

Your not the only one! Calling someone you don't know is without doubt VERY ODD.

As Skype, at least until folk get used to each other, is a bit weird when cold calling how about a shout-box? You can pop in, give you name, say hi and say what server you are on. Folk then then can see who's online and where etc. I'm sure there are better ones than this but its a start?

http://dayzfogeys.freeshoutbox.net/

This could be added to a simple free web site, maybe get a group going. NOT A CLAN, I'm to old for that rubbish...

Anyway as always, only an idea. Don't mean to hijack your thread Sula. :|

This is why i gave up playing Gears 3 on WGL gaming league, that and folk cheating using modded pads but hey thats another story.

I stopped playing gears 3 not long after getting it, found it quite dull tbh and young kids were annoying!

Your not the only one! Calling someone you don't know is without doubt VERY ODD.

Yeah, I think most people would find that strange, i've not had to use something like skype before, it's been a long while since i've played a pc multiplayer, I guess i've gotten used to playing xbox too much lol!

Hi, I'm still waiting for updates from those on the missing list I posted yesterday. I'm off tomorrow, so I will have time to send you all a copy of the incomplete list.

It is odd at first when you call someone on skype. What I do is contact them in writing, and then ask if they'd like me to call so we can talk easier about finding a server. People are always really nice. I only ever had one guy I didn't like. I found him cocky, patronising and ill-mannered. Everyone else seems really nice to me. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeah Shout box works well guys, its messy with ads but usable for now :)

Cheers for the game Daz, (deadshaun) how many zeds chased us up the hill just then ffs... :o

Anyway we are gonna meet up again tomorrow guys, about 8pm if anyone else wants to join us. Skype or PM me for server location tomorrow. DayZ is so much better with folk to play with. B)

Edited by DazTroyer

Sula ( and all others ) how about setting up a separate website/forum for anyone interested in grouping or meeting up in game. ( I'm happy to setup domain, software etc ) It would allow us to have post messages on what server they will be on etc and also people could then post or update there own profile information saving you retyping etc...

So for instance someone could post a message saying 8pm GMT, UK202 server cherno.... and a few fogeys could all meet up.... or how about a teamspeak channel so its easier in game to talk and find other fogeys , could be broken down into UK, USA etc and maybe even find a few servers we think are ideal and they could become a default game server to meet up on ( that's the one thing I miss about this game, the ability to easily team up with people unless its a clan

I could just see a car full of fogeys coming over a hill to the rescue of a downed old fart :) ( we could all sing "WHATS THAT COMING OVER THE HILL, IS IT A FOGEY")

And as Sula said... not to make it a clan or anything strict, just a way to all meet up, pass on tips or train new old fogeys into the ways of Dayz

Thoughts?

I think its a great idea, you could add a chat box to. One better than the free bullplop i found... :blush:

Sorry we missed you, on again tomorrow from 8pm.

Edited by DazTroyer

There are a lot of 30 & 40 year olds in our clan. A lot of them have wife & kids.

Yeah Shout box works well guys, its messy with ads but usable for now :)

Cheers for the game Daz, (deadshaun) how many zeds chased us up the hill just then ffs... :o

Anyway we are gonna meet up again tomorrow guys, about 8pm if anyone else wants to join us. Skype or PM me for server location tomorrow. DayZ is so much better with folk to play with. B)

No probs, enjoyed meeting up and running hell for leather away from zeds lol! :o I'm almost positive that the zeds can spot us from further away than anyone else, it's probably the creaking bones that gives us away, it's like ringing the effin dinner bell lol :lol:

Come on fogey's and join us in our epic journey to get eaten by zeds!!!

I only ever had one guy I didn't like. I found him cocky, patronising and ill-mannered. Everyone else seems really nice to me. :thumbsup:

See... You ARE a fogey after all ;)

• Like 1

I'm 41, based in U.S. and usually play sometime in the vicinty of 10pm-2am E.S.T. My main goal right now to to put together my first vehicle, and I have some ideas for base building, including how to protect it when everyone is off server. I'm registered with two private hives, but right now I am just searching out low population servers to keep PVP to a minimum.

Up to now, I have been strictly survivor, but after being killed for the countless time while calling out "friendly." I am seriously considering adopting a shoot on sight mentality. Maybe someone can bring me back from the edge?

Team up, cover each other, UK here, play most nights with long standing buddies x 2, so a team of 3 working together, very effective against all comers, let's go to work ;)

I'm 36, from Slovenia. Playing mostly at evenings (CET+1 time zone) on DE, AT, CZ, PL and UK servers.

Been playing strictly survivor and have a humanity over 35.000. But am getting sick of soloing :)

hmm how bad is the scottish accent?

Erm.... that ain't Scottish...

I'm 41 by the way.

Edited by Horrgakx

I was gonna say that to lol.

Guys, Sula needs your details to add to the list, Skype, TS3 etc. You can pop in and say hi on the shout box, link in my sig. Will post what server we are on in the evenings.

All you non UK players, feel free to join so long as the time difference or ping don't make it difficult for you :)

Edited by DazTroyer

I think its a great idea, you could add a chat box to. One better than the free bullplop i found... :blush:

Sorry we missed you, on again tomorrow from 8pm.

Yeah, something so people dont feel awkward making contact. I like the idea of older folks all ganging up on people.... oh by the way UK22 server has a vehicle in cherno.... one sweet zimmer frame.... I took it for a spin, was faster to walk but I couldnt resist the way I swaggered with the shiny metal frame.

Was it the XR3i with racing stripes? ;)

No, CAMO zimmer.... only problem is with my eyesight now, i put it outside and cant find it again.....

YES! Finally ... searched a couple times for a post like this, but havent found it until now. 46 yr old here, gamer all my life ... not stopping, ever. Total team player ... give ya my last stick of morphine, and maybe my last stanag sd mag :P

Been playing Dayz for almost 6 months, almost too regularly ... spent 2 weeks solo to get used to this awesome thing ( hadnt played Arma yet, so didnt know controls so well, etc ), then grouped up with some folks. Went well until we picked up a bunch of kids that thought hacking, and pvp was all this mod is about ... thats when things got st00pid. Until then, we had organized, team players, and worked our asses off to build very decent camps, with plenty of vehicles that we used all that time ( hording is useless ). But the kids, and the BS eventually drove everyone away. BAH!

So, Im down for this thing ( great idea Sula!! ) ... and hopefully will "see" some of you out there.

TS3: poMONKey

Steam: poMONKey

Skype: poMONKey ( I think ... dont use skype much, so I forgot )

Feel free to PM me ...

Edited by poMONKey

YES! Finally ... searched a couple times for a post like this, but havent found it until now. 46 yr old here, gamer all my life ... not stopping, ever. Total team player ... give ya my last stick of morphine, and maybe my last stanag sd mag :P

Been playing Dayz for almost 6 months, almost too regularly ... spent 2 weeks solo to get used to this awesome thing ( hadnt played Arma yet, so didnt know controls so well, etc ), then grouped up with some folks. Went well until we picked up a bunch of kids that thought hacking, and pvp was all this mod is about ... thats when things got st00pid. Until then, we had organized, team players, and worked our asses off to build very decent camps, with plenty of vehicles that we used all that time ( hording is useless ). But the kids, and the BS eventually drove everyone away. BAH!

So, Im down for this thing ( great idea Sula!! ) ... and hopefully will "see" some of you out there.

TS3: poMONKey

Steam: poMONKey

Skype: poMONKey ( I think ... dont use skype much, so I forgot )

Feel free to PM me ...

LULZ, shoulda fixed your profile first. Nice try tho....

• Group Members
  • Active Posts 30
  • Profile Views 16
  • Member Title Woodland Warrior
  • Age 27 years old
  • Birthday May 23, 1985

• Like 1

I'm not quite old enough to game with you guys (23) but just wanted to say i'm glad that the DayZ community doesn't consist of just teenagers and kids like a fair amount of other games! And that i'll definitely still be gaming when I do catch up with you all ;)