Sign in to follow this  
pixel91

A touch of friendliness....and hacker gone mental.

A case of friendliness in the harsh world of DayZ....and what an epic night it was.

My team and me ( a total of 8 guys, tonight only 7 tho) had hidden our vehicles in the woods (a place IMPOSSIBLE to see from the outside...you had to stumble upon it) I was logged out and most of the team spread out looting/killing when someone attacked and killed the two guys that were left behind at the tent.

I quickly logged back in...and got shot before I even spawned (which turned out to be a blessing....cause I respawned with all my gear...still had my M017)

The others moved back to the camp and saw the guy drive off with our white Pickup. They engaged him...hit him multiple times with SVDs and Mk48s....he didn't go down. They all got shot. So it was all me, hoofing it up there with my gear. When I got up there, the Pickup was in flames...and so was our camp, all the vehicles gone, 2 ATVs destroyed. My guys had just mostly found their scattered bodies to get their loot back.

I was near our campsite with one more guy when suddenly a helicopter (later turns out to be hacked...by the same guy who killed us at our camp) lifts out of the woods about 500 meters away. I quicky lined up my M107 and pumped 8 rounds into it. I hit the pilot at some point, cause I saw blood gushing from the helo, the engine went off and it crashed in a rock formation with a huge explosion....igot one murder. But two more guys died.

So as it turned out, ANOTHER group (the server owners and friends) were in the SAME area and had shot at the helo too...and two of them got killed by the crashing helicopter (what are the odds?). They had been looking for our camp, since we had raided theirs (and shot three of them in it) just two days ago. We had stolen all their loot, the UAZ and the Ural.

So I quickly hopped onto their TS an we got to talking.....and in the end, we had the groups (13 people..every person that was on the server at that point...) merged at one place, on a temporary truce. We shared the loot from the dead and talked some. The groupst were mixed within each other....and trust wasn't exactly high because of the mutual camp-raiding and prior engagements.

People were getting more and more edgy....more and more people having their weapons raised. In case of a snap...the odds would've been in our favor (2 more people...and 2 medium machine guns) but it still would've been ugly.

So we quickly worked something out. The two busses we had stashed a way off from our camp (didnt wanna move them through the woods) were quickly split, one bus for each group and we went our seperate ways in peace, not a single shot fired. We went to find antibiotics...no idea what they did....but we had two more bus-bourne run ins, both ended with a few friendly honks and no more shots fired. After that tho, we gave everyone in our group clearance to fire. We didn't want them following us anymore. We didn't run into them anymore, so all went quiet.

The next encouter will occur on other odds and probably wont end friendly...but it sure as hell was nice to see that two groups, geared as they were, can NOT shoot at each other for once and instead come to an agreement.

So to you HoT guys: cheers brothers, was a fun night, we had some laughs. And all ended good for us in the end. We're looking forward to repelling your next attempts to find our camp and get your stuff back!

• Like 1