Sign in to follow this  
Xeva

Concerning Vehicles

I've been playing DayZ for about three weeks now, and I've pretty much done everything from raiding the NWAF to sitting in Elektro killing everybody I see. One day I decided to give vehicles a try, as they are pretty much mobile storage. I gather up my supplies and toolbox, then quickly find something wrong. Every vehicle spawn location I go to, there is nothing. Server hopping quickly ensues.

After about an hour of server hopping for each of 3 vehicle spawn locations I tried, I found one ATV on one of the most low-populated servers I could find. I happily load my gear up and begin driving to the NWAF to stock up on goodies. Satisfied once I reached my target location, I logged off for the day.

This is where shit starts to hit the fan. I get back on DayZ and filter through the servers to find the one with my ATV. I find literally nothing. I remember a server in which the same thing happened after I pitched a tent and stored some of the rarest items in the game. I was frustrated. I was so frustrated, I took it upon myself to find a reliable server that had an ATV. I server hop for a good two hours, then finally find one. Again, I head to the NWAF and proceed to accidentally flip my ATV. Deciding to wait for a server restart, I decide to call it quits for the day. The next day, the ATV is gone, and it wasn't in a populated area at all. It was along (as far as I know) one of the least used roads near the NWAF. My only conclusion is that a server restart made it disappear after I did indeed save it, or that some guy just got extremely lucky.

3 ATV's later, and here I am. I have gone through about 5 ATV's putting up with these servers that like to fuck with me. I have lost assault rifles and sniper rifles due to this. At the time of this post I'm sitting in the middle of nowhere because the server that had an ATV next to me seemingly disappeared into thin air.

Sorry for the ranty nature of this post, but as of late vehicles have come to annoy me greatly. If you guys have anything to add or want to point out anything I should know, it would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the pleasure dome.

This is the lament of the dedicated.

You would be surprised how good people are at finding vechiles, I have hidden them on the most random places far far into the woods where you would think nobody would go (far north in the woods). The next day they are gone and the camps are looted.

I also had many incidents where if I lose connection while in a vechile it disappears until the next server restart.

Are you sure your saving the vehicle and waiting atleast 2-5 minutes for the server to save to before leaving? Could be the cause or your just really unlucky.

CRUSADER

Are you sure your saving the vehicle and waiting atleast 2-5 minutes for the server to save to before leaving? Could be the cause or your just really unlucky.

CRUSADER

I haven't really had many problems with saving. It was just once that my ATV disappeared due to something server-side. The other times the server just spontaneously vanished from the list. As far as I know it's probably just the fact that all the servers in which I find my vehicles are insanely low-populated, so they just stop being hosted. Is it true that people go around hiding vehicles just for the hell of it? I have yet to find one on any server that has an average population of 20+

Edited by Xeva