wasrad

Stop saying "Leeroy Enfield"

I have noticed in the forums and in game people have been saying "Leeroy Enfield"

Stop it.

It is not "leeroy"' date=' as the name comes from James Paris Lee who designed the rifle at Royal Small Arms Factory London Borough of Enfield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee-Enfield

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Paris_Lee

This is not WoW. There is no leeroy. Cut that crap out.

[/quote']

Ive found weapon enthusiasts to be on par with martial arts enthusiasts in terms of how much i hate them both.

Its a joke, just ignore it. This didnt need a thread.

Seems like I'm the only other person here who hates these pet names. Every time I hear "winnie" my rage meter goes up 5 percent. "Leeroy Enfield?" What in the hell, screw you buddy. Silencer? Its a damn suppressor, it doesn't silence anything nimrod.

Oh and its a magazine. A clip is very different. Wikipedia.

Though I would never go as far as to make a thread about the deal. I'd just silently hate anyone who said these things.

The History of QQ'ing: Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes.

In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense. Citing, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QQ

Here's my history paper. Now quit whining about weapon nicknames, and get back to poppin Zed Heads :D

I can imaging someones going to scream out "Lerooooooooyyy Enfielllllddddd" in side chat and go charging into cherno firing their Enfield wildly after this thread :D

I think it fits it perfectly. I remember dodging zombies and shooting them with 1911, aggroing only a few, but then... my friend in the other part of the village fired the leeeerooooy enfieeeld and a motherfucking zombie tsunami ran past me, ignoring me totally like if I was invisible and I just said him that he better have some solid supply of ammo for that thing.

Firing this weapon anywhere near zombies is the same like running to your death, but in this case the death runs to you and it evens sounds similar :D

I actually did this on one of the first raids with my group. I actually made it out alive but this was pre-brokerespawn patch. I semi blame myself for starting this whole 'leeroy enfield' crap because of it

I can imaging someones going to scream out "Lerooooooooyyy Enfielllllddddd" in side chat and go charging into cherno firing their Enfield wildly after this thread :D

Seems like I'm the only other person here who hates these pet names. Every time I hear "winnie" my rage meter goes up 5 percent. "Leeroy Enfield?" What in the hell' date=' screw you buddy. Silencer? Its a damn suppressor, it doesn't silence anything nimrod.

Oh and its a magazine. A clip is very different. Wikipedia.

Though I would never go as far as to make a thread about the deal. I'd just silently hate anyone who said these things.

[/quote']

I'm not looking for some Freudian psychoanalysis or anything but why on earth would you get upset because someone calls a gun by a nickname? Maybe if you are a direct descendant of Lee or Winchester I could possibly see where y'all are coming from, but really, someone calls a suppressor a silencer and you become angry? It just seems to me there are a lot more things to get angry about than gun nicknames and gamers using similar terms interchangeably.

As I said in my original reply to this post. People are here to play a game, not argue over firearm semantics. After all, when you have zeds chasing after you and are out of ammo, you don't really care whether you need a clip or a magazine.

I'm beginning to think that ARMA "Veterans" and COD "Noobs" are two sides of the same coin. Both groups seem to have very visible members who are up their own ass to a degree of medical emergency and are exceedingly quick to voice their obnoxious opinion about how anyone not like them is ruining everything.

"Leeroy Enfield" isn't just a simple, though quite clever, play on words but it actually has some relevance to the infamous WoW clip.

But, continue to whine, please, do it. Get angry over people looking for a spare "clip" for their AK, or not referring to each weapon by its full, technical name; When my water bottle is empty your tears will keep me hydrated for hours to come.

If you have a leeroy but only have magazines then Id say you are going to care.

After all' date=' when you have zeds chasing after you and are out of ammo, you don't really care whether you need a clip or a magazine.

[/quote']

You take internet forum posts way too seriously.

I'm beginning to think that ARMA "Veterans" and COD "Noobs" are two sides of the same coin. Both groups seem to have very visible members who are up their own ass to a degree of medical emergency and are exceedingly quick to voice their obnoxious opinion about how anyone not like them is ruining everything.

"Leeroy Enfield" isn't just a simple' date=' though quite clever, play on words but it actually has some relevance to the infamous WoW clip.

But, continue to whine, please, do it. Get angry over people looking for a spare "clip" for their AK, or not referring to each weapon by its full, technical name; When my water bottle is empty your tears will keep me hydrated for hours to come.

[/quote']

After all' date=' when you have zeds chasing after you and are out of ammo, you don't really care whether you need a clip or a magazine.

[/quote']

No, I'm just going to look for "ammo". A nice, all-encompassing term that hopefully won't piss anyone off too much.

Scared of the dark, uneducated and ignorant. You must be a republican voter.

[/quote']

No, I'm just going to look for "ammo". A nice, all-encompassing term that hopefully won't piss anyone off too much.

Scared of the dark' date=' uneducated and ignorant. You must be a republican voter.

[/quote']

Hah! Finally something we can agree on! No, I loathe the GOP. I'm even going to give you a nice, fat, positive rep point for that one. :P

As for my ignorance about firearms, I know more than average simply because I grew up in the southeastern U.S. and my father was an avid hunter and gun collector. However, I dislike guns (and hunting for that matter). And while I do know the difference between a clip and a mag, my point was that there is no reason to get upset with someone who doesn't because you can obviously tell from the context of the game what they mean.

Dearest MasterK' date=' can I just call you K? I'll just call you K.

K, That's actually precious - Not only am I being accused of taking something too serious by a pedant, but apparently you take things SO serious that you thought [i']my post was as serious as yours! Where's a popcorn gif when you need one?

I'm actually quite enjoying the butthurt in this thread, and I can assure you K, that i'm not taking any of this seriously. It's a computer game :D

Chocolate turtles

Dearest MasterK' date=' can I just call you K? I'll just call you K.

K, That's actually precious - Not only am I being accused of taking something too serious by a pedant, but apparently you take things SO serious that you thought [i']my post was as serious as yours! Where's a popcorn gif when you need one?

I'm actually quite enjoying the butthurt in this thread, and I can assure you K, that i'm not taking any of this seriously. It's a computer game :D

First this is a ZOMBIE Survivor SIM... Not history Channels greatest wars... To care about name accurasy in a game that has Zombies is just fucking silly.

People make nicknames for guns... Obviously you have never been in the military? If you are affectionate about a weapon it will garner a nickname... Ever heard of the Barret 50cal machine gun? or M2? Its commonly called the "Ma-Duece" in affection by those who use and love it. This is no different grow the fuck up and quit worrying about fucking historical accuracy in a ZOMBIE GAME. Ever heard of the Bushmaster 25mm AutoCannon? well anyone who has used it most likely will say 25MikeMike..... Think people call their M4 anything else? No because its 2 fucking letters...

Some actual historical nicknames of military weapons:

Potatoe smasher (german grenade)

Burp Gun (PPsh-41)

Grease gun (M3)

The Pig (M60)

Carl Gustav (Charlie G)

And thats just a couple firearms... dont even get into military Aircraft or vehicles christ.. Heaven forbid "Gamers" make nicknames for weapons in a "GAME" FML some retarded fucking people out here.

*Edit: You can try and play it off now that you look like a idiot that you were joking but you were not... go ahead play it off and try and make everyone look like a idiot but its too late you already let everyone know.

Why on earth is this thread still going?

Yeah... "why on earth are you posting in it then" Whatever. Come on people.

If some one screamed that over global chat it would be hysterical...

Cool, I've found a LEEERRROOOYYY ENFIELD

People in World at War used to pronounce "Gewehr" as "Goo-er".

And everytime someone says its pronounced "Guh-var", they get a thousand glass breaking voices yelling otherwise.

Stopped reading at "accurasy". Seriously.....thats just awfully ironic.

First this is a ZOMBIE Survivor SIM... Not history Channels greatest wars... To care about name accurasy in a game that has Zombies is just fucking silly.

People make nicknames for guns... Obviously you have never been in the military? If you are affectionate about a weapon it will garner a nickname... Ever heard of the Barret 50cal machine gun? or M2? Its commonly called the "Ma-Duece" in affection by those who use and love it. This is no different grow the fuck up and quit worrying about fucking historical accuracy in a ZOMBIE GAME. Ever heard of the Bushmaster 25mm AutoCannon? well anyone who has used it most likely will say 25MikeMike..... Think people call their M4 anything else? No because its 2 fucking letters...

Some actual historical nicknames of military weapons:

Potatoe smasher (german grenade)

Burp Gun (PPsh-41)

Grease gun (M3)

The Pig (M60)

Carl Gustav (Charlie G)

And thats just a couple firearms... dont even get into military Aircraft or vehicles christ.. Heaven forbid "Gamers" make nicknames for weapons in a "GAME" FML some retarded fucking people out here.

*Edit: You can try and play it off now that you look like a idiot that you were joking but you were not... go ahead play it off and try and make everyone look like a idiot but its too late you already let everyone know.