Sign in to follow this  
DannyFilming

Mandatory facebook integration?

I recently read this comment on youtube:

"

What's ironic is that the UH-1 is really used to transport wounded and extract soldiers. It would be nice if this game was played in the same manner as real-world. Unfortunately, give someone anonymity and they do this shit. I don't mind the chopper shooting at people who are shooting them but fucking killing the people when the spawn just makes this mod pointless and not what the developers had in mind. The ArmA series is a simulation meant to be played realistically.

TheDarris"

And I started to think of ways to remove anonymity in the game in order to force players to play the way it's supposed to be played. If your facebook is intergraded with your player you are no longer anonomys and more likely to play the game the way it was meant to be played!

It's a nice idea, but people would just make fake accounts....

• Like 1

And what about those of us that wouldent touch failbook with a bargepole. I'll be fucked if I'm going to create a failbook account to play a game GTFO!

• Like 10

i dont have a facebook account so i guess ill just remain anonymous.

What would be the change, wether you are personally identified or not? Being an asshole in an online game is still legal. And the idea that this could empower a butthurt rapist to find where i live is unsettling.

This is the dumbest idea I have ever read.

Ever.

I mean, for a start, what is this fabled "way the game was meant to be played"?

Edited by SuperCalleh
  • Like 2

This is the dumbest idea I have ever read.

Ever.

I mean, for a start, what is this fabled "way the game was meant to be played"?

100% agree. This will never be introduced and if it was there's no way I'd play a game which allowed people to see my real identity.

What if you don't have Facebook?..

"

What's ironic is that the UH-1 is really used to transport wounded and extract soldiers. It would be nice if this game was played in the same manner as real-world. Unfortunately, give someone anonymity and they do this shit. I don't mind the chopper shooting at people who are shooting them but fucking killing the people when the spawn just makes this mod pointless and not what the developers had in mind. The ArmA series is a simulation meant to be played realistically.

TheDarris"

And I started to think of ways to remove anonymity in the game in order to force players to play the way it's supposed to be played. If your facebook is intergraded with your player you are no longer anonomys and more likely to play the game the way it was meant to be played!

I think it is a good idea but sorry, I shouldn't have to have mandatory anything to play this game other than the legit copy of arma2 that has been purchased to allow me to use the dayz mod. When and if this ever gets to be a polished complete game I hope this topic gets revisited, just not with this idea.

I guess you live in Arizona? As brought up by the other posters people will:

1] Make a fake FaceBook account (which might be their first).

2] Continue their behavior and then proceed to personally flame/troll anyone who finds them on FaceBook.

3] Make their FaceBook accounts private.

You may consider linking Steam accounts, but see point #2.

For the fact that people play games in a post-apocalyptic zombie-infested Russian countryside, I don't believe you'll find much support in this.

Facebook? Hell no.

There are better solutions in this suggestion forum. Try reading more. zedsdeadbaby and I stumbled upon some similar useful ideas.

There is no wrong way to play the game.

Play it to the way you want to get the most enjoyment out of it.

The thing about DayZ is that you can play the game how you want. Most people will do just that, FB integration or not. Plus you have people who don't buy into the social networking sites (no disrespect to those people. d :))

To me, you just sound like another butthurt player who got killed with gear and want to take out PKing when, if the roles were reversed, you'd kill for gear. Or food.

No please, i don't have failbook, don't want it and I deffo don't want to make an account just to play a game ...

• Like 1

really? Just because I know who you are doesnt mean I wont kill you in a game. Also the way it was meant to be played? From what I recall thats any way i want if I want to kill sucks for you

"

TheDarris"

You aren't being paid by Facebook to post that, are you?

I mean.

You must be.