FraghunterSam

'Files are not signed by a key...' Error after installing BAF and PMC DLC

Hi Guys,

last week i bought and installed the Steam version of ArmA 2 :Combined Operations and DayZ and had no Issues whatsoever, the mod worked just fine.

But then i installed the both DLC for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces and Private Millitary Companies with Keys from an ArmA X Edition which i bought for my Bro. The installation of both DLC went smoothly and i am able to play both new campaigns.

But now DayZ wont work anymore, when i join a server via 'Six Launcher' i first get the skippable error message "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon'CA_Missions_BAF_Templates_SecOps',later when the DayZ loads i get a huge list of files (all BAF or PMC) which "are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys."

What could cause this Problem? Maybe the fact that im using a steam version of Combined Operation with non steam versions of both DLC? Does anyone know how to fix that Problem?

You may try going to your DLCsetup folder, and from there, you will "verify cache". Before doing that, it may be best that you delete the folders called BAF and PMC. When you verify the DLC, it will reinstall both BAF and PMC if you deleted the folders...

I would just try to verify the cache first...and, I hope this helps you, mate. ^_^

EDIT: I had to do this, but I also have my DLC through Steam. Good luck...

Edited by TyRobot

You may try going to your DLCsetup folder, and from there, you will "verify cache". Before doing that, it may be best that you delete the folders called BAF and PMC. When you verify the DLC, it will reinstall both BAF and PMC if you deleted the folders...

I would just try to verify the cache first...and, I hope this helps you, mate. ^_^

EDIT: I had to do this, but I also have my DLC through Steam. Good luck...

I am trying this way now, as i've tried to just reinstall thru steam, prehaps deleting the folders will help.

Last time i tried download again, DLCs attached themselves to the new CD key and my original key didnt load the game without errors, so i reinstalled with the original account key running.

Yo, man. Had the same problem. Googled this issue and found your thread... then googled further and found the solution. ;) We get it because we both installed DLCs AFTER the update (updates all ArmA's and DLCs through Steam). And DLC installers are outdated I think, got both BAF and PMC from BIS Store though (both 1.00 versions I think, that's why we get errors). So all you need is to download and run this update. It applies that ArmA 2 and OA are already updated to the latest version and will patch BAF and PMC to the latest versions. I did it and play w/o any errors etc. Cheers!

P.S. Ah, yes. In the future there won't any need to manually download updates. Steam will detect DLCs and will update them too.

• Like 3

I tried doing this and the DLC's updated fine on which ever account i installed them on and i tried them with both keys.

When i try to launch the key that doesnt have the DLCs installed on it, I get the same errors.

Great find though Avatar, just wish it fixed my problem

Edited by milosanx

The ArmA 1.62 update that AvataR posted worked fine for me - I had purchased a retail CO version months ago, then got a copy of CO through steam, then got the DLC packs today.

I switch between the two by manually changing the registry.

DLC and fix works with one key, but not the other.

Yo, man. Had the same problem. Googled this issue and found your thread... then googled further and found the solution. ;) We get it because we both installed DLCs AFTER the update (updates all ArmA's and DLCs through Steam). And DLC installers are outdated I think, got both BAF and PMC from BIS Store though (both 1.00 versions I think, that's why we get errors). So all you need is to download and run this update. It applies that ArmA 2 and OA are already updated to the latest version and will patch BAF and PMC to the latest versions. I did it and play w/o any errors etc. Cheers!

P.S. Ah, yes. In the future there won't any need to manually download updates. Steam will detect DLCs and will update them too.

Thank You. This solved my problem.