Sign in to follow this  
Spudinske

Hdr making seeing way to dark

I know there are threads out that that tell how to fix the hdr being too bright, but i cant find one about how to fix it being too dark. Everytime i look uphill or leveled eye level everything goes near nighttime but if i look downhill or at the ground my brightness is normal. I have tried the hdr precision fix but no luck, help? I want to be able to see!

i think it's even working not real: when you in a shadow you should see better the places under the sun's rays because you eyes widened (more rays getting to your ocular fundus) and when you are under the sun's rays you should see worse the places with shadows

I have watched plenty of dayz videos to know things aren't supposed to be this dark. Help!

Yea...does anyone have this problem and/or have it fixed? I just played in a server at night with a full moon and it was actually easier for me to see and spot things than it was during the day.

Yes the HDR as used in most games along with bloom effects usually create an unrealistic view as if I'm suppose to be looking through a camera lens instead of the characters eyes. Very distracting and disturbingly bad in some games. Just be glad in Arma they don't force the player to hold a sheet of glass 2ft from their face constantly as in BF3. The Hollywood camera effects should be only used in 3rd person games where the view through a camera actually makes sense. Arma isn't near as bad, but they still make your eyes feel like you just woke up out of bed no matter what time it is.

Try turning the HDR off. Exit the game. Start it back up and test it while HDR is off. Then slide the HDR slider up one notch, and test that setting.

Hmm it can be turned completely off and has a slider too? Hmm I just have very high, high, and normal. No disable or slider unless I'm not looking where I should.

Edited by Spudinske