biddy381

Not really helping to bring in new players guys??

every person you team up with increases you're ability to survive more then the gear on the guy you just killed. having more people with you means you can live longer so I don't get why people shoot on sight when they could team up and have someone watching there back and keeping there stuff safe.

Actually if you kill someone who's geared by yourself, you can take all you want without fear of someone else taking it. And you wouldn't have to worry about one person getting everyone else caught by an enemy or stealing from the team. Alone it's easier to go undetected and stay prepared with all your own supplies. Not having to use it on anyone else. Conserves for yourself.

Edited by xXxSlyWolfxXx

in the end it sucks to die and no one wants to die.

I have ran into other players who were really nice and i would have kept playing with them but they ran off or got killed.

I have killed two people in the game and that was because they were threats to me and my friends.

Aside from the resounding groan that is heard from virtually everyone who gets this mod, I can't really see anyone being thrilled with the recent massive influx of hackers. As I've said before, I smell a mass dwepping for this mod.

Aside from the resounding groan that is heard from virtually everyone who gets this mod, I can't really see anyone being thrilled with the recent massive influx of hackers. As I've said before, I smell a mass dwepping for this mod.

Must be something wrong with the servers you play on or something very right with the ones I play on... I've played the game for maybe 250+ hours and I've died twice to actual hackers. I don't think I've been successfully combat logged behind all that many times either, maybe 5. Item duping is hard to prove but it seems to be rampant, so possibly I've encountered tens of item dupers in combat. All in all, I haven't had much trouble from hackers or exploits. Not enough to spoil my fun at least.

Must be something wrong with the servers you play on or something very right with the ones I play on... I've played the game for maybe 250+ hours and I've died twice to actual hackers. I don't think I've been successfully combat logged behind all that many times either, maybe 5. Item duping is hard to prove but it seems to be rampant, so possibly I've encountered tens of item dupers in combat. All in all, I haven't had much trouble from hackers or exploits. Not enough to spoil my fun at least.

Yeah, must be that. I mean, it's not like a search for low populated servers with "full" (lol) protection and attempt to play on those. Maybe, I mean maybe I am the only one experiencing this issue and the thousands of other threads on here voicing the same exact opinions are just lies and conspiracies against a grown man who goes by the name of "rocket", even more so, the electric car was bought by the oil companies and George W. Bush is an alien.

They should put a marker on new players who have just started the game (not just respawned) to let others know they are brand new to the game. This will give players the right information to say "hey, this guy is new and has no idea what he's doing, I'm not going to shoot him." rather than always having that question in your mind, he could just be a freshly spawned bandit waiting to get a gun so he can kill everything in sight.

Recently though there has been a giant lack of trust between players online which is very off putting to new comers to the game. I know this because in the few weeks i have been playing I have tried "team up" with others in game so that i could have a "mutiplayer" expierience instead of a solo one.

The game is best played with friends. I'd recommend getting a microphone and a VoIP software and playing with people you know are trustworthy. Teaming up on the field without any other ties outside Direct Chat/Voice doesn't really work well.

When I recommend the game to my friends I also usually guide them through the installation, "babysit" them for a while and teach them the ropes. Just last night I guided 2 relative newbies. They got to log off with much better gear (heli crash -> L85A2 AWS and M249 SAW) and much better understanding of the game (raids, overwatches, gear, orienteering etc.).

tl;dr: Team up with friends and use VoIP. Don't have friends? Make some on forums or elsewhere!

I laugh at people who think this game is realistic its far from realistic. 99% of people in a real life disaster would come together and work as a team.. Most of the people who just go round killing are just pumped up little nerds who have nothing better to do with there life than sit on a alpha game and think there higher than everyone. The more i play dayz the more i think its shit and i don't even care what people think its just my opinion.. This is ment to be a zombie apocalypse game not team death match.. This game would be great if there was more great people like your self who want to give the game a chance and help others.

• Like 1

I randomly found this mod from youtube. Read the forums a bit and realized what it was about. Perfect game IMO. Running around, dodging zombies and looting and the hard parts of getting good loot. But what I really liked was if you die you have to start over again. And just like in real life you have the assholes who just shoot on sight because you might have something. If you get butthurt because you died you are probably the same person who throws their controller in COD/BF if you get one more death than kill.

I think it is quite realistic, 1/10 friendly? Destroying the weak? All sounds like a real world situation.

At least as long as the real world consists, to a large share, of people <18 (at least in terms of maturity) who used to watch too many movies.

Nope, not aimed at RedLlama, just a general observation.

What do you expect when every beginners guide tells people everyone will kill them so shoot first.

• Like 1

yea but they could also turn around and slay you for your gear.

I have come to the fact that play with people you know shoot people you dont know.

thats just the truth of the game.

yea i live in constant fear of the water bottle head smash..

come on, think about it.. if your saying you cant see the difference between a unarmed fresh spawn on the coast and a ghillie suited sniper inland, well i dont know what to tell you..

but feel free to keep popping those water bottle mellee guys, im sure your team is much safer for it..

lol whateva..

I laugh at people who think this game is realistic its far from realistic. 99% of people in a real life disaster would come together and work as a team.. Most of the people who just go round killing are just pumped up little nerds who have nothing better to do with there life than sit on a alpha game and think there higher than everyone. The more i play dayz the more i think its shit and i don't even care what people think its just my opinion.. This is ment to be a zombie apocalypse game not team death match.. This game would be great if there was more great people like your self who want to give the game a chance and help others.

OMG !!! lol 99% working together !!! Very funny ! No police, no law, zombie every where, low food, gun, .... sound like a wet dream! lol

They need to implement safe zones where weapons must be checked in before entry, could be a camp of sorts, or mini town/city where people can chat/trade and share stories of their survival, there could be a bar where you can purchase beans or vodka or something lol.

• Like 1

They should put a marker on new players who have just started the game (not just respawned) to let others know they are brand new to the game. This will give players the right information to say "hey, this guy is new and has no idea what he's doing, I'm not going to shoot him." rather than always having that question in your mind, he could just be a freshly spawned bandit waiting to get a gun so he can kill everything in sight.

Yes, a new player indicator. So I can tell how easy my prey will be to kill..

Edited by xXxSlyWolfxXx

The game is best played with friends. I'd recommend getting a microphone and a VoIP software and playing with people you know are trustworthy. Teaming up on the field without any other ties outside Direct Chat/Voice doesn't really work well.

When I recommend the game to my friends I also usually guide them through the installation, "babysit" them for a while and teach them the ropes. Just last night I guided 2 relative newbies. They got to log off with much better gear (heli crash -> L85A2 AWS and M249 SAW) and much better understanding of the game (raids, overwatches, gear, orienteering etc.).

tl;dr: Team up with friends and use VoIP. Don't have friends? Make some on forums or elsewhere!

Direct chat adds allot to the simulation, being able to talk to people 500 miles away cheapens it IMO (if they added walkie talkie's would be cool though.). this mod would be way better if bandits couldn't just voip there buddy from beyond the grave with your location.

Edited by neo2157